The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Esaul17: People are bashing how those fans are calling out Linkin Park for being pop, when the band was never truly 100% metal to begin with. Not trying to insult Linkin Park but even they'll tell you that they were never really a metal band. They just use the words "nu-metal" to describe the old them, because that's the label mainstream media and critics gave their music. They never enjoyed that label, never willingly dumped themselves into that label, and spent years running away from it because it LIMITED them as a band. Chester even said a few years ago he didn't even want to be in the same category as some of the artists that came out of the nu-metal wave of the early 2000s because they were terrible. But the media painted them into that corner, and the band had to fight their way out of it, while still holding the scars from it several albums later. The band didn't want to be pigeonholed, and they broke out from their old sound. Unfortunately some people close to 10 years later, still don't get this. The band STILL gets hated and disrespected for doing what was necessary to maintain their artistic integrity.

2. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

They tend to make shitty arguments and post like they were typing up the message with their nose. I just don't think it gives others a free pass to type grammatically superior but similarly childish put downs in retaliation. Nor do I think rules should be enforced on such a basis.

If someone wrote a really stupid post in support of gay marriage and I called him a fag, I'd get a warning nonetheless. Because their stupidity does not justify my own, or give me the right to break rules. I don't think that slander of musical taste is as big an issue of homophobia, but I think the analogy still holds.

3. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

:trollface:

4. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

The ironic part is he posted that to you.

Ignorance, look that word up.

5. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Generally I agree with you, and I do understand the frustration with a lot of the recent posts. I personally tend to skip over most of the comments by members I don't recognize when news for the new album hits because much of it is very silly. However the comment "That's because you're a Meteora lover. Meteora lovers usually don't like good music." just irked me though. I think either ATS or some select stuff from the HTEP/HT is generally their best work, I just think that kind of a put down goes against my impression of what the board wanted to achieve.

6. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Incomparable, but I see what you mean.

STILL, me and Bliss solved this like 2 pages ago.

7. Derek

Ironically, you're wrong. I directed it to Bliss.

8. Sonic

Oh yeah? Cause he totally quoted Bliss.

Reading Rainbow. Look it up.

9. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Well look at this way, 11:54 broke rules by calling people stupid for their tastes in music, many others have broke this rule, hundreds of times and nothing has happened about that.

Now that's ironic.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  10. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I used to watch that show when I was a kid. :lol:

11. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

We're both from Toronto :D

12. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Including yourself, it should very clearly be noted. So you may not want to be too eager to lead that charge.

13. Sonic

Your post sounds really childish. Though, I don't believe I out-right called anyone stupid.

Winnie: "Teacher teacher! Timmy pinched me!"
    Timmy: "But Winnie pulled my hair first!"

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

11:54 for the most doesn't bother me at all, the fact that he is another SSPU fan is awesome also!

But there are certain others who bash Meteora whenever they can and seem to claim that it is fact that Meteora is their worst, when it is not fact. Everyone has opinions. People can dislike Meteora, that's ok with me be because everyone has opinions. But to go around claiming its a fact its their worse annoys me, because its not fact and some people act like it is.

15. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Like I've said before, if you expect LP to fit a certain mold you will always be disappointed.

Quite honestly I think too many fans expect something cliche to their own taste based on past albums and get mad/upset when they end up being wrong.

LP hasn't had a stand alone sound for almost 10 years now and some of you still expect them to sound like Numb.

IMO it's quite sad and hilarious.

16. Derek

Alright, as esaul17 and others have very clearly noted, lets try to be a little more respectful of each-other in this thread going forward. It's fine to debate why you do or do not like a certain album, but there's no reason to stoop it down to a personal level or tell people they "dont know good music because they love Meteora". That's just wrong and it gives our forums a bad reputation.

Let's be mature in here and talk respectfully kiddies.

17. Sonic

Numb is how I feel when I listen to Meteora.

I'm sorry :lol:

18. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

You make a good point that a few people should be educated about, my problem however isn't with Linkin Park not sounding the way I imagined they would at this point in their career, but the fact they made a song which made them look like hypocrites, seriously watch MOATS then listen to Burn It Down.

19. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Thanks Derek. Sorry to be nitpicky.

By the way, is there any word on a release date for the Burn it Down video?

20. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.