The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Oh look, someone who understands that there IS objectivity in art. Thank god, I'd thought I was the only one left.

2. RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

This. I agree with everything this guy has written. :cool:

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

GO TEAM. ;P

4. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

*Waits for Bliss to come in arguing that there's no objectivity in music*

I agree with the post though, although I prefer ATS over Meteora. Still like Meteora though-- however I feel it's the weakest of the band's studio albums. My list would go ATS > MTM> HT> Meteora.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Are we still talking about Living Things or...?

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I will soon be posting a link (of why i do not get into objectivity vs non objectivity arguments anymore, because its a waste of time to argue)

7. ZoeLinkingal

There should be no arguing at all. It is retarded to disagree with someone when there is no right or wrong answer.

If you don't like Meteora, you can give your 100 reasons but you have no right to say "NO YOU'RE WRONG" if someone else says Meteora is the perfect album to them.

Music is both objective and subjective.

Subjectivity is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. This comes in when you find out whether a song appeals to you or not.

Objectivity is making a decision which is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts. For non Meteora fans, they are objective because they are not influenced by their personal feelings for Linkin Park nor the opinions of others (e.g. Meteora supporters) They are objective because they don't go "Yay I love everything Linkin Park does because they are Linkin Park" or "Okay I will like Meteora because the other half of the population says it's good."

Non Meteora fans = Objective because they know what they want to hear (Non-repetitive song structure, better lyrics etc) whether or not the other half of the world says Meteora is awesome or if they are hardcore Linkin Park fans.

Subjective or objective, it is based on the context, there is both in music and everything else in this world because of the diversity of life.

8. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Agreed. The objectivity comes from the criteria in which people obtain their subjective opinions. Any opinion can be valid, but depending on the reasons behind the opinion, not all opinions are always created equal (I realize this will ruffle some feathers. sorry, the truth hurts).

Also, there are better words to use than "retarded."

Edit: I'd love to start a separate thread on this somewhere else. What subforum would this fit in? Other Music?

9. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

That isn't what is meant by objectivity. Just because you reached a conclusion for personal reasons does not mean it cannot be subjective.

10. ZoeLinkingal

I've been following the Meteora-thingy discussion for quite some time and I do find it quite retarded why people would argue. I don't think you should start a thread about it, not worth.
    Er are you reading it wrongly? I said Subjectivity is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

11. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm sorry, but I have given you a warning for the negative use of the word "retarded" in your two recent posts. Some people find it offensive and it's against the rules here. It's not an infraction, just a quick warning to make sure you don't do it again. I know you're relatively new so just try not to do it again and please go and read the rules in Newbie Camp. Thank you.

12. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

What's in the air? Why are fans starting to get rabid?

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The longer a discussion about "Meteora" goes on, the more likely this is to happen. :"

14. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

It happens every pre-album cycle. People get restless I suppose.

That said, All my extreme amounts of love and nostalgia for Hybrid Theory aside, A Thousand Suns is easily my favorite LP album. It was the perfect amount of evolution and familiarity. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I hope LP continues to push their boundaries in the future! :awesome:

15. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

People are overreacting. Dubstep backing beat doesn't necessarily mean DUBSTEP.

[video=youtube;Ck7Vfwo65NI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck7Vfwo65NI[/video]

16. shinformant

shinformant Banned

You must know some ass-backwards hipsters if they aren't over dubstep yet.

17. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

Dude u just made my day after that Austin pic. lol

I can't believe you're an LP fan and still don't like Meteora, i mean yes it was a Hybrid Theory clone but still....some of these songs are classic LP tracks: Breaking The Habit, From The Inside, Lying From You, Numb!

18. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this!

19. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I was about to post this when reading through the comments. Guess I'm just late to the party haha

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Personal preference. He could very well just not be a fan of it. I know that while I certainly enjoy some of the 'classic tracks' you've mentioned, the rest of the album really doesn't get much of a spin from me anymore. Hell I hadn't listened to Easier To Run for close to two years, before LPA did the golf prank :lol:.

SEE YOU AT THE PARTY RICHTER! :arnold:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.