New LPTV - Buried At Sea (Part 1)

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Good Question. I think the former.

2. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Yay for studio footage!!! Was losing hope for those...

Gotta love how fun and dynamic fades in when Mike is there.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

I really liked the Video. It`s a lot more in depth tham their previous efforts. Keep 'em coming!

4. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

This is so great, awesome! Could watch for hours. Hopefully there will be a documentary

5. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Brilliant LPTV episode! I definitely like the documentary style. There seems to be something more filmic-looking about some of the shots (Brad walking into the studio control room, for example) than anything I've seen in previous LPTVs.

I was disappointed (and very surprised) to see that they weren't including a DVD with this album. It was "The Making Of Meteora" in 2003 which propelled me headlong into my love of audio engineering and production, so their DVDs have always been special to me. However, if they continue to make LPTVs of this length and quality, then that will more than make up for the absence of a DVD documentary. Afterall, even though previous documentaries have given insight into the creative process of the whole album, I think it's always been the case that the individual LPTV episodes have given more detailed insight into individual aspects of the recording process.

Burn It Down playing over clips from EMMERDALE!? Haha, that's an amazingly bizarre combination, I love it!

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, and I love the way the sounds are mixed as well, the clarity and detail of it all :)

7. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

What I've Done was the last song written for Minutes To Midnight. It was felt, by some, that they needed a proper lead single and the songs they had at the time didn't seem to be "lead single material".

With it showing them working on Burn It Down as far as January, I say it was picked among the songs they had. :)

8. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Buried at Sea is definitely a better title than Burn it Down.

But like Agent O I really don't appreciate the song any more or less.

January isn't even half a year away.

And I do believe that they may have been on some What I've Done shit.

January? Come on.

9. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

I think Mike preventing Chester's voices ruined by those snack impact

10. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Fuck, you maybe right... This was so done back in March! :lol:

11. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:lol:

12. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Has the Potato Song given birth to a new offspring? I'm kinda surprised most people didn't even acknowledge this post. Although the screams do sound straight out of Blackout. And it's ironic how the ONLY words we can hear are "LOST IN THE ECHO".

13. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Late December 2011

WB Guy: guys, this stuff you made is ridiculous. I mean, it's fucked up. You need to make one more song that will be less fucked up than what you got here.
    Chester: Ok, we will make one radio-friendly pop song. Happy?
    WB Guy: fine.
    Mike: ...and we're on some What I've Done shit again...

Now, that would be a great scenario :awesome:

14. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I wasn't alluding to it being done later than January. You and I know that Linkin Park are perfectionists in their musicianship and that they will take a long time to complete a song. Now, I admit 5 months does seem a bit long for a song but you have to realize that they could have completed it in that same month and there were still much more things to do. Such as 1. Name the album. 2. Agree to artwork. 3. Decide how best to promote. We also do not know exactly how long the album has been in post production. That can take up to months of time. Saying it was as early as January does not mean it's not a last minute addition.

Though there's no direct evidence to prove that it is,and it is purely my own speculation I wouldn't doubt it based on Warner's previous efforts.

15. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think its pretty obvious from the video that Burn It Down is NOT some 'what i've done shit'...the guys are clearly enthused in the video, and it seems to have grown the same way all their other songs have...

come up with some music first, come up with a good vocal melody, 'donna donna ba donna' lyrics, write first draft lyrics, sing the song in more of a production mode, master the lyrics, etc...

16. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

They've done this for a while now. Listen to Fear, the demo of LOATR sung by Mike, and it's pretty much what you just described.

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Well that was his point, he said the song kinda got together the way the other songs usually do.

I had ignored it completely as I knew it was most likely fake. Now that you mention it again I played it (OMG my ears bleed), and it doesn't convince me, as the voices do sound like taken from other songs, on the very beggining you can hear some weird copy-paste-ish sample of Mike's voice, and the screams sound like those of Blackout (like you said) but taken from the LPTV episode.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  18. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

That is exactly my point lol...its their normal song writing process for a while now. Not 'oh we gotta make a single because WB doesnt like the other shit'

19. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

So this LPTV was what, 7 minutes long? They are obviously going to have more LPTVs so my question is; Why don't they stick this all on a making of dvd?!

Like seriously, 4 LPTVS at 7mins long will be around half an hour.

20. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Ah, gotcha now.

I don't see how that's proof that What I've Done wasn't written like that too, but just under pressure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.