New LPTV - Buried At Sea (Part 1)

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Yeah. That's the deal.
    I think people got used to this mo-dvd. But like Minus (probably) would say: Dear Orwell, if you look out for a mo-dvd, you better walk this way, towards 1984. :p

2. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yeah, whoo! good old days of baggy pants, black shirts and mullets ; )

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

I liked this, it seemed like I was watching Candid Camera with Linkin Park in it. Yes I'm a little let down that there is not going to be a DVD, which I'm more than happy to pay a little extra for. But honestly if I get to watch it online then I'm fairly content until the album comes out.

4. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Loved the video and seeing all elements from the band making part of the process.
    Hope the next LPTVs will be like this "documentary-type"

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't see why irk yourselves because of some fans wanting to buy a DVD. I grew used to it as well and I was *willing* to pay for it, we can do with our money whatever we want, and if I would've liked them to release a SE what's the problem, not only did we get some making-of footage but we also got different artwork and stuff.

Hell, it's not like we were going to stop buying LIVING THINGS because of that, I already preordered mine, and if they do release an SE later I will buy it again without thinking twice. I even got three copies of a Rasmus album, all in different editions, and I have two copies of every Linkin Park studio album. Do you want to know how much I paid for LT, standard edition as it is? The equivalent of 47,50$, so a few extra stuff would've been nice. But it's LP, I was going to buy it anyway.

I don't see what's so wrong or irritating about some of us being willing to buy.

Even more, if Linkin Park ever comes into my land, I would buy the best ticket available, and AVERAGE price for a spot close to the stage for a foreign artist in this country is worth about the equivalent of 500$ or more, I laugh when some complain about some tickets being 100$, that would be a no-brainer for me. But it's just that, different economies (mine is way worse than yours), different priorities and different points of view of what each person considers worth buying or not.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. Geki

Geki >.

I would totally buy thy from you personally if you really did that.

7. Filthy

Filthy instagram & twitter: @evanfass

Don't do it warner will find you!

8. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Buy a $1 DVD-R and burn it yourself. :lol:

9. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You're not the average fan though. 99% of fans are simply not going to buy an album twice just so they can have a DVD. At the end of the day, the band has to make money. They must have figured that they wouldn't gain enough profit to have a DVD edition.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Jesse, the power of double post compels you.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That may be your position and I guess I'm the same way (if I'm gonna pay for a physical copy of an LP studio album, I want something along the lines of a special edition, mainly because I love making-of documentaries) but, as someone's just said, we're in the minority as hardxcore fans who are just dying to spend extra ca$h.

12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Don't get me wrong. I bought the uber-minch package of ATS, and just threw down for like 3 tickets for no reason. It's not about I'M HARDCORE SO I MUST WANT A DVD. It's that the band could potentially be losing money if they were due to incurring costs on THEIR end for additional packaging and burning fees. It's cheaper and better for them to host it online. It just so happens to be better for us in the end, too.

13. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree with this! We get it for free and it's better for Linkin Park.

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly LPA VIP LPA VIP

I love the new LPTV episode, waiting patiently for some more.

I just noticed that this episode was uploaded yesterday the 26th (single was released on the 16th) so hopefully the next one will be May 6th if there's a pattern to it like the puzzle ;) Also, the album comes out on the 26th too! Gotta love the number 6 now xD

15. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Well you have a strong and valid point there, it does make sense, I can live with that.

And I know that I'm part of a minority but it's not like we're 3 or 4 either. But anyway the band must have a good reason to have decided to do it this way so, we'll have to settle with that.

I'll still leave the door open just in case and if it comes along the way I'll be ZOMFG LINKIN PARK TAKE MAH MONEY : D''''

Meanwhile, I'll keep watching these LPTVs and try not to drool on my keyboard. The info, sound and editing are top notch, these will be the best prealbum episodes yet.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I hope that is the deal with these LPTV episodes, that they're seriously intended to be a decent substitute for a DVD rather than just random bits and pieces from a complete documentary like we got while waiting for "A Thousand Suns"

17. Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

When was it decided that there wasn't going to a DVD out with this album?

18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

When they didn't list it in pre-orders and it was confirmed from legitimate sources.

19. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

He asked when it was decided; only the band can tell you that. That's just when we found out. :trollface: /SemanticsNazi

20. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

So I´m part of the 1%, too ^_^ I´m happy that we get something and hope for more videos (Part 1), but I would buy the album again if it comes out with a DVD. I like to hold something physically in my hands, something official (not self-burned), and cool designed :rolleyes: But like I said, I´m happy to get some studio footage :) I love it. I get way more into the album/song when I see this.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.