LIVING THINGS Album Length to be 36 Minutes According to Warner Music Japan

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

The potato is a lie.

2. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

In times like these a good Enter Shikari quote might come in handy: "Calm down, calm the f*** down! Ghandi, remember Ghandi!"

3. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Gandhi* :)

4. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

Hmm, well, if this Information is correct, it would go hand in hand with Mikes Post about the "Firecracker" Stuff. Short but with a Bang. Anyways, why do people even argue about this point so much? It`s the Music itself that matters, not some fricking song leghts.

5. Adiek84

Haha, I knew something was off. I hereby vote fot a Gandhi emoticon!

6. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

Haha :D

7. Adiek84

There'S new info. band confirms about 40 minute length including What I've done (live) = bonus track. Also no new songs on HOB show
    Source: LP Special on Nico (via LPTimes on Twitter)

8. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

No, you're not understanding the point. The main point was that I said that this album will have at least TWO more full tracks than ATS, in case one of the songs there is an instrumental. Night Of Neptune asked me why didn't I consider an instrumental a "full song" and I replied that because it wouldn't be able to be played live.

The point is not on whether LP has played instrumentals/interludes in the past (which they obviously have), but those that they HAVE PLAYED, happen to be SHORT ENOUGH to merge with the setlist. Would they play a FOUR minute instrumental track like Cure for the Itch and Session live? No? Well, THAT'S the point.

Interludes like Wake or those in ATS merge with their respective follow up songs and serve as an extended intro for them, and that's why they work, also that they are short enough, none of them are over two minutes.

9. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

But they HAVE played Cure For The Itch and Session live several times. Also, I doubt they'd put a 4 minute instrumental. That IS pushing it.

10. Andreina

I said 4 minutes to throw a number, basing on Mike's statement that the tracks were on the "3~4 minute mark" .. But who knows. Anyways, we already got more songs than ATS so it's already a win for me.

11. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Shorter songs = more songs to play live.

12. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

No need to be subtle, that was me. And I alone. I overreacted and it's okay to call me out for it.

@AkirraKrylon I'm sorry, I am the one who blew up. I took your post the wrong way and misjudged. I guess I felt your post was an attack on my opinion and that it was not needed. I didn't set out to try to convince anyway or to "Argue" that they were anything other than opinion. Just as I said before, in hindsight I see I may have took your post the wrong way. Gomen.

13. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Its all good, man. No worries. I didn't mean to be harsh either - I perhaps should have maybe chosen my words a little better, my bad on that ;)

Back on topic, I hope the shorter songs and the 'energetic-hit-you-in-the-mouth' structures surprise you Ryo and you end up liking them.

In my opinion, if you mix the ATS creativity with some high energy fast paced stuff it could really work well...lets hope LP delivers the goods.

14. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well, it's true just because songs are short does not mean they are bad. Jornada del Muerto and Fallout come to mind.

15. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

I remember 2 years ago when we knowed the lenght of ATS was 47 minutes all people went mad just like now, screaming and bitching for a 60 minutes album. It went worst when that 18 sec empty spaces track was anounced.

This time i expected the album to be shorter than ATS, but i got this feeling of abandonment; i mean (personally) ATS is the best LP album so far not because is the longest or cuz being a concept album, no it is the best because it is the most creative work from LP.

2 intros, and the first one is fkin badass; The requiem instantly drops you into the album, it´s so atmospheric with the moaning and the fake/alien girls voice, wow.
    When they come for me and blackout are songs that maybe we all dreamed since the days of meteora; i like that when first time listen, those 2 songs were unpredictable almost like an adventure.

The only thing i want from living things is that it contains the same amount of creativity, with burn it down we didnt get that, but there still 11 other songs.
    Btw i consider BID to be the son of Robot boy (sound/music) and waiting for the end (structure/lyrically).
    I think i am nostalgic.

16. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

36 mins? That's longer than your mom lasted. :kappa:

17. Andreina

Um, that's Mike's voice :WTF:

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  18. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Oh no you didn't.

19. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I like your thinking.

20. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

By the way, my mom said it is still full price. Doesn't matter if you only lasted 3 minutes out of 36 minutes. :kappa:

On topic: I'll wait for the album before I judge it.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.