The Avengers

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Moridin, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Yes. Although I guess that's a SLIGHT spoiler for you. My bad. But yes, they make a REALLY big point of selling the fact that he learned how to control the transformation at the end of that movie.

Which makes me shake my head at all the discussion above about "WTF HOW WERE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW HE COULD CONTROL THE TRANSFORMATION LOLOLOLOL"

2. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

It's OK :lol:

Amazing how some of you expected something to the degree of TDK.

Different directors and different styles.

Not supposed to be Gone With the Wind or Seven Brothers for Seven Brides FFS.

3. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"Post number"?

4. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

**spoiler**

I went into the film knowing that he had learned how to control 'Hulk'. However, with the tantrum he pulled on the carrier, it made the ease of his second transformation a little "what the fuck."

No shits sherlock. The direction they went for was made evident since Thor hit theaters. Some folks are just a tad bit disappointed at the fact that they did not go the route of the first Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2 (minus the horrid cgi on TIH and IM2).

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

What?

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  6. shinformant

shinformant Banned

Maybe it should only be held to Marvel conventions seeing as it's a Marvel film/franchise, but you're very much mistaken if you think the medium as a whole is shallow.

You're right that it shouldn't be that hard to understand how Banner's transformations work here though. Him losing control on the carrier is the exception, not the rule and at that point he's clearly under more emotional duress than he is anywhere else. Look at how things like anxiety and panic disorders work and think of it as an extreme parallel to that.

7. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I think Banner losing control on the Helicarrier was more of him being injured, maybe? When he is put in physical harm, Hulk apparently takes over whether he likes it or not. Such as when he says that he "put a bullet through his mouth and the other guy spit it out". But I know that since the end of the Hulk movie he was supposed to be able to control him.

8. shinformant

shinformant Banned

Could be. If it took over when he tried to kill himself that also goes with my theory about how he keeps his emotions in check, that and the line about being angry.

9. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Loki's staff was messing with everyone's mind in that scene on the Helicarrier, making everyone more agitated, suspicious & insecure then they already were. Hence the big argument. Banner even picked up the staff like he meant to use it but didn't seem to realise what he was doing. Combine that with being blown out a window by an explosion and you have a very unstable Hulk-out.

10. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

11. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

12. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As mentioned, I didn't enjoy the film as much as some of you but I'd be lying if I didn't say I had fun and wanted to see it again. Need the Blu-Ray nao!!!

13. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Watched this film for the third time, this time in IMAX 3D. Definitely worth it.

14. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

I've already pre-ordered the combo pack (yay 3d included and I don't have a 3D tv lol), and my movie store.

You get 3D Blu-Ray, Digital, Blu-Ray, and T-shirt woopie! XD

15. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

AVENGERS US POST-CREDITS SCENE.

[video=youtube;MFq-whW-A6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFq-whW-A6U[/video]

16. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

haha that was hilarious!

Now Avengers has been out for a bit, how do you guys think it stacks up with the rest of Marvels output?
    I reckon mine is something like this:

Iron Man > Avengers > Captain America > Thor > Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2 > HULK