Artist Direct: Linkin Park Make a Landmark Rock Record With LIVING THINGS

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

What a ridiculous over the top written article!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

LOL!

And about VICTIMIZED, I mentioned earlier on the shoutbox that its description as "intense / violent / brutal song" fits something that Mike said on Q Magazine, that Chester really commits and connects with a song on a really high level, and said something like "sometimes he would have to take a minute because he connected to the songs in such a visceral way... He then would come back and finish the take". I think this could be one of those songs.

Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

OMG i cant wait any longer D: sooo hyped up after reading that preview!!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here...but ArtistDirect gave Gold Cobra a 5 out of 5. Take that as you will.

Nonetheless, the fact that such huge praise is being heaped on this album, and other magazines have yet to say anything bad about what they've heard, is making me cautiously optimistic. I've never quite been totally scared like some people on here have, but the firecracker record/3-4 minute songs did give me pause for a moment. It's good to see that my fears are apparently unfounded.

Can't wait for this record next month. Even though it wont have any 5-6 minute epics like ATS, it seems like it didn't lose any of it's creative spirit which is great. I want this band to continue to push the envelope, and looking at this it appears that they have.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Oo That article rose my excitement level extremely.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

Did anyone else get Jizz all over their screen? OH MY GOD.

Me right now -> :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (w00t) (w00t)

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I agree Derek. I think the record is going to be awesome, but you cannot write a review like that and take it seriously. Of course, people here will go nuts over a review like this and that's exactly what they want. Give everyone a 5 out of 5 and they'll keep coming back for more. Shows very little journalistic integrity imo.

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG cant wait for VICTIMIZED

niklp

niklp Work hard , dream big

D-A-M-N ! that's why i'm a linkin park fan.....Lp is a genre of music that kicked everybody ass in the past 10 years,everyone is talking so good about this album and i'm almost sure that they will kick my mind in the balls with almost all new album's songs ... nothing else to say ...LP 4ever.....bieber who?

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

And who said that nu metal was dead? Gold cobra was highly praised from lots of people, and Staind's last album was highly praised

tho i did not like Gold cobra imo its ok

wilson_r

wilson_r Member

Agree with Derek - like I said this article has me seriously excited, something I wasn't after hearing Burn It Down! However, the continual positive reviews surfacing across the net are starting to excite me more and more! Also as I said AD do generally give LP great write-ups! Quite interested to see what out and out rock magazines give the album as this could be the telling factor on which way this album has gone...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'd say my opinions about Gold Cobra here, but I'd be starting a war so I will not :).

limpbizkit are actually decent musicians when you listen to their instrumentals. They just have an arrogant douchebag on lead vocals that completely ruins their artistic intregrity. If all the members of limp (including the recently fired ones) did a group without Fred, they'd be brilliant.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Pretty much everyone with a common sense/over 16 years old.

I liked the article though, even if it looks like it was written by someone who loves LP maybe a bit too much. Judging by all the reviews we got so far, the songs sound very different from one another.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

By the way the page was updated with the review of POWERLESS.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

True, but I tend to read all LP related articles with my analytic glasses on. Ignore the adjectives, read the descriptions - and even by that standard, there's a lot to get excited about in what they've written.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I'm so pumped right now. Can't fuckin wait! I really like the track descriptions.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Wow.....

I can't wait for the record. AND for Victimized now. Just think about it: who would have imagined LP would write one of their most brutal, if not their most brutal, song right after ATS?

Off-topic: also, Gold Cobra was a decent album imo, I think LB could have come back in a much worst way than they did with this record :lol:

Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

For anybody asking, he didn't leave POWERLESS out, read the FULL article on the website itself. He states its an amazing closing track and has a John Williams kind of feel to it, however he did leave TINFOIL out.... mhhhh maybe it is a Hahn track :/ still not sure why he'd leave it out. I mean, the album was fully finished on 1st May so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.