LIVING THINGS Track "TINFOIL" Confirmed as Instrumental Interlude

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Guys, just because the structure of the album is the same as hybrid theory does not mean it will sound like hybrid theory

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

The similarities structure-wise between this and Hybrid Theory really are staggering. Same length, track list formatted the same way, and this is their "back to the roots" album, so to speak. Although, I just don't want any songs under 3 minutes (I'm looking at you, Faint, Bleed It Out, One Step Closer).

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Did you guys not read the interview where it still has the artistic direction of ATS, and does not lose that? sure maybe 1 or 2 songs might sound somewhat HT and Meteora ish, but the album will not be HTP3 even though its structured the exact same way

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about it sounding the same, just the length of the songs themselves.

lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Been meaning to get this off my chest for a while now:

Sorry but LP can make whatever kind of music they want including length of songs. It's their choice not yours. Quit telling them what they should do and just enjoy the damn music. If they want to make HT 3 or ATS 2 then so be it. I will support them and buy the CD either way. I'm a true LP fan not a keep ATS or go back to nu-metal idiot.

"I am not a robot, I am not a monkey, I will not dance even if the beats funky...."

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Here's hoping TINFOIL is more like Lockjaw and less like Session.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Being a "true LP fan" doesn't mean you can't have preferences; we have feelings around here. ;)

Anyway, no-one's saying the band can't do whatever they want. We've got a right to have and express opinions, that's all.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I've read all the interviews and similar articles posted on LPA thus far. Only one has said that, and all the rest don't even mention it. In fact, most of the previews state the songs are in the same vein as "Burn it Down."

My fault, I forgot we're not allowed to have opinions besides ones that conform with your view of what a "true LP fan" is or isn't. I'll be sure to submit my opinion to you for approval next time. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter to me whether they take risks or not. As long as I enjoy the final product, I'll be happy.

lilj4425

Kind of like how people get bashed on here for liking Meteora more than ATS?

minuteforce

Yes, and vice-versa. We celebrate our differences and discussion is more than welcome on the LPA message board.

lilj4425

Fair enough and agreed. :) I apologize for going off on you even though I still stand by my statement.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Holy fuck, get off your God damn high horse. I'm guessing since you posted right after me you were directing that towards me, and I'd like to simply establish that I was not holding any standards for the band, just stating what I was hoping to see.

Jesus Christ.

lilj4425

It wasn't directed at you Ben. If it was, I would have quoted you. My post was directed to the general fanbase who keeps telling the band what they should do instead of letting the band do what they want to do.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

You didn't quote anybody.

Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

All this stuff about "true fans" is completely annoying. It bothers me when people say "I'm a true fan and I'll buy anything LP puts out!". Seriously... :facepalm:

minuteforce

You're not alone. :/

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Great display of debating in some of the messages above..

Other than that, I was wondering if it would be correct to state that Linkin Park can make anything they want as long as they continue to grow as musicians, producers and human beings?

HT was great and so are all the other albums in my opinion but the one thing I can make out of each new release is the leap of progress that the band made. So, (partially) returning to their roots just can't be a bad thing if you ask me. They just get better and better in what they do, old style, new style, or the giant-eargasm-mix-it-all-up-and-explode-in-your-brain style.

Can't wait for Pinkpop and the album release!!!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Well that explains it. It means that the other tracks may truly be between 3 and 4 minutes, considering the album lenght is 37 minutes.

LOL what Jeff said is exactly the opposite :lol:

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Okay, so the album has the same track list layout, songs, length of Hybrid Theory and now has an interlude.

This album wont be a risk. This album won't be ''genre busting'' like ATS.

This album is a collective album of old and new trademark flairs. If you love ATS and if you love HT, then you should have no problems here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.