LIVING THINGS Track "TINFOIL" Confirmed as Instrumental Interlude

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    dgd138

dgd138 Active Member

No matter what choices and songs LP produces, we as fans, will thoroughly enjoy it. Is that a better proposition?

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Mr. Hahn is in the house! :D

I like CFTI and Session very much so looking forward to this one!

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Every time I see people discussing the content of the new album, there's always one or two people who talk as if they know exactly what's on there and what it's going to sound like.

Makes me laugh

Vdubster

Vdubster Member

Agreed :)

bublo Bej

bublo Bej Member

excellent !!! I was hoping for an instrumental on this album

Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

[video=youtube;Yd-pwn1qN2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd-pwn1qN2g&feature=relmfu[/video]

4:28 - 4:32

Something tells me that's TINFOIL, kinda has a HT sound to it. :rolleyes:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I like that bit, I do think it sounds cool. :)

lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I think that's an early demo of "Robot Boy".

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm super furious about the people who are worried that the album will sound little bit like the old style. SO WHAT ? Why did you become an lp fan at the first place ? 1st place was all about HT and meteora ! You loved them at the beginning, you should have no problems. We don't wanna hear the "we grew up on the old style" coz it's part of you ... yes they don't want to get back to their basic roots again , with the spiky hair and the metal style ... but as Chester said "it would be fun" if they mix it with who they are now.
    ;)

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Not all of the fans became hardcore fans because of HT or M or both. Me for example, became LP fan only after MTM. Why? Because I was surprised that LP could change and accept to move away from what made them so successful to try something new.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

TINFOIL instrumental..! I suspected it from a long time ago xD

So are people really assuming this album will sound like HT because it has the same structure? It's not about the band doing an HT Pt.3, I think it could be considered a "signature" thing by the band, even though they only did that on the first two records, it's just the way they do things and maybe their view for an ideal position of an instrumental track is before the final song.

There have been loads of articles around here and none of them say that the band has gone back, but taken that energy and made something new and fresh combined with the experience of A Thousand Suns, these guys learned a lot and I know they will put an interesting twist to the music because they are really creative and even though they wanted to embrace their earlier roots, the do NOT want to repeat the sound like a carbon copy.

So, chill about it, and just wait until you listen to the thing. It's amazing how can some people be put off just because the album has 12 songs and an instrumental on the 11th track, like it gave away any clue of whether the album will be good or bad.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Here's my two cents on the whole deal. I'm not worried about the album sounding like the early stuff. I got over that fear a while ago. It's not what the album will SOUND like that is bothering me.

My biggest problem with Hybrid Theory is that the album is SO formulaic. Every song is around the same length, features the same "up's and down's," big choruses, a bridge at the 2 minute mark, v/c/v/c, and so on. It's more or less one big pattern from start to finish.

My worry is that Living Things will follow that same bland pattern. Again, it's not the sound of the songs I'm worried about, it's the way the songs and the album was constructed.

LP is definitely giving a nod to the past with a 37 minute 12 track album featuring an instrumental as track 11. My concern is that they fall back into the same boring patterns in the album structure as well. A cool sounding song doesn't stay exciting very long when you can predict everything that's going to happen next.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Uhh ... what?

Anyway, Xero21's post above says it best. Some of us were worried about the band regressing rather than continuing on the course they've been on since their career began. A few of us are still worried. It isn't 2001 anymore, and - pay attention here - we just hope the band can keep it fresh and current by delivering something that's surprising to us as listeners and music fans. :)

It's important to understand that everyone's concerns are different. Some of us aren't much interested in hearing the band return to relying so heavily on simplistic powerchords, others are afraid they won't find the lyrics in the new songs as interesting as those on "A Thousand Suns" and others still are worried that the arrangements used in the new songs won't deliver any exciting surprises. On the other end of the spectrum, of course, there are also fans who are concerned that the new music won't resemble the music on "Hybrid Theory" or "Meteora" enough for their liking.

It's additionally important to remember that, in this fan community, different opinions are and always have been welcome, and people have a right to express these concerns. One of the best things about LPA is the community's openness to a wide range of opinions, whether or not that's obvious to you. Ultimately, the band does whatever they want to do, and we are cool with that. That's the reason we, as fans, support the band: so they continue to have the opportunity to do whatever they want to do.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
    Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, I must say.....I completely agree with this post. Which surprises me, since I'm more of a "Cool to see LP not ignoring their past" member. And since HT is one of my absolute favorite albums ever, and my favorite LP's one.

But...well, I'm still a little afraid LP went back to the formulaic structures with Living Things. I prefer the sound of HT over the sound of ATS, but I prefer the structures of ATS over the structure of HT. If Living Things sounds energetic but formulaïc, it will be kind of a disappointement, and people will link energetic LP with formulaïc LP// soft LP with creative LP. I don't want that to happen, because an energetic album can have complex structures.

Personally, my dream would be to get a very heavy album from LP, but with the experimentation level and the weird structures from ATS. I guess I would like to see LP going the NIN route, aka staying energetic and creative at the same time.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This. Couldn't say it any better.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Definitely not an early Robot Boy demo. Robot Boy was around since 2009, plus the sound isn't even near it.

Yesterday while going through my ATS demos searching for that one I thought the exact same thing. That could possibly be Tinfoil. It seems that it was an almost finished track, as it was shown right after Wretches & Kings and Blackout.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this but Living Things is an EXTREMELY important album for Linkin Park. I'm not saying this as if I have any secret information from the band and I am not claiming to know how the album will sound, HOWEVER, I DO believe Linkin Park want this album to reach the number 1 spot on the billboard top 200.
    The reason I say this is because there is a record for most consecutive number 1 albums and the current holders of this record is Metallica and The Dave Mathews Band. They both have attained 5 number 1 albums in a row.
    Now, Linkin Park have 4, beginning with Meteora, followed by Collision Course, then Minutes to Midnight, and finally A Thousand Suns. If Living Things reaches number 1, that will be dope.
    I just want to post this so that everyone can please help spread this because I want everyone to join together and get Living Things to number 1.
    My fear is that after the polarization of the fan base caused by A Thousand Suns, a significant amount of fans will not purchase the album. And secondly Maroon 5 is coming out with a new album that same day and they pose a serious threat.
    Please everybody, can we make this happen! If you read this whole post thank you, and help spread the word!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm sure the band will still get to #1. Burn It Down is already performing far superior to the majority of the singles from ATS. It'll sell, trust me.

And as for the formulaic fears, I do know that Mike went out of his way during The Raid Q&A to say that the album was NOT formulaic, so we'll see.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I wouldn't say Linkin Park writes albums to be at #1, they just happen to be because of the huge fanbase and how good they're albums are (IMO), also.. The Maroon 5 thing also plays a part but I can imagine what a huge chunk of LIVING THINGS have already been sold due to the preordering campaign, I can't put figures on that but they must've been quite a lot, and also some fans are waiting to buy it on the store when it comes out because they want to save on shipping fees, etc.

I don't know how LIVING THINGS will perform on the charts, but as I'd like to think they will reach #1, it's gonna be difficult to battle with M5's more radio friendly hits, and young audience (fangirls) who are also eagerly waiting to buy their album.

I don't think LP cares about charts, but it'll be damn good if they got that boost.

20. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Collision Course counts? It was only an EP, so LP have only have had 3 STUDIO albums that have debuted at #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.