LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Haha yes I exist here! Had a different name, luckily I got a more recognizable one :p

2. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I found pretending to be a uni student and walk with a random group of them, was my key to survival ;)

3. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

4. Gloomy Mushroom

Are you enjoying the Scavenger Hunt? Hell before our Twitter convo the other night I was stuck talking to Rach (Ravynlee) and she was the only person I talk to from LPF nowadays. So glad to see an old face around!!

5. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Cool Map :D

6. _Depression

I just personally hate the one Derek keeps updating the first post with lol >.>

7. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Heck yeah anything Pre-LP album is fun! Just nothing close to me so it's been fun watching everyone. And yeah just lately I've become an 'active' member haha.

8. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

9. Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

to be honest first thing that came to mind was another brick in the wall hahahaha!

awww! but both versions are awesome! :D

10. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

11. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Cool map for sure...just have to note though. Not that it's a big deal or anything but I always kinda smile and shake my head when I just see Toronto, Canada...Canada is huge lol it's divided by provinces for a reason...clue 4 says Chicago, IL, USA....but it's just Toronto, Canada instead of Toronto, ON (Ontario) Canada...again this is just more an observation not a complaint...

I've been to concerts (LP hasn't done this though, they say Toronto) where a band will just say "HELLO CANADA!" to warm up the crowd between songs...imagine a Canadian band touring in the USA and going to a show just saying "Hello America".....he'd hear crickets....I'd totally do that if I was in a band lol

12. _Depression

Ahh, I should've seen this coming. And yes, I should have Toronto, ON, Canada there, but I actually did it more for aesthetic reasons than practical ones.

In the same way that Toronto, Canada isn't the proper way of writing the name, neither is Sydney, Australia (it should be Sydney, NSW, Australia). But both of these are already fairly long names, whereas Chicago, USA is not (especially compared to Lincoln Park Zoo). Because it was so small, the red subtext looked awkwardly small and the white text awkwardly big. "Chicago, Illinois" would have been better, but I wanted to have country names and Chicago, Illinois, USA is too long again; similarly, I couldn't use Chicago, United States (technically, the USA isn't the only United States of ______ in the world) and Chicago, America was even worse. I settled on Chicago, IL, USA because it gave the subtext a little extra length.

I'll go back and see what adding the "ON" does to Canada's label, but no promises if it's unfeasible.

13. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

No no lol dude it's ok! That's why I tried to point out that it wasn't a complaint. If I'm not mistaken even the original or the "first" (Derek's?) map just said Toronto, Canada. It's just something I see a lot so I commented on it, you totally don't have to go and change the map lol, it's not like it bothers me.

14. Gloomy Mushroom

15. _Depression

No, unfortunately I have to claim ownership of that map too lol.

16. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Oh...haha oops...I thought you were saying you did this new map because you hated the old one...hated your own I guess? lol

But yea no worries about the Toronto, ON thing...do what's best for the map to look cool lol

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Good to see you have returned :D Oh and FYI any cookies Vdalem gives you - DON'T TAKE THEM FOR THE LOVE OF LINKIN PARK!

18. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

You're welcome, guys. Glad you liked the article. It's not every day you get to guest-write for Mike's blog so we tried to make it as good as can be. If it wasn't for the people on our Forums we wouldn't have been given this opportunity, so it's all thanks to the LPA members. :)

Also, I'm starting to get a little worried about Chicago. :lol:

19. Gloomy Mushroom

I really don't know how you guys don't geek out like I do.

LPA <3 (late but it counts)

20. douvine

douvine New Member

Hi what is the timelining in Chicago? Here in Europe it's already 10.29am so when can we expect someone in that ZOO and see next clue refere towards Europe (Amsterdam would be nice)^^:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.