New LPTV: Album Cover

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

I love the album cover, so it's interesting to see how they picked the cover in the first place but as far as I could tell they made alterations to the art shortly before releasing it. I'm actually a bit surprised that they were under a rush to get the release date in time. I do wonder how much further back the release would have been otherwise.

2. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Can't wait till the eventual Part 2 where they discuss the track listing and the song titles!

3. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

There isn't going to be a "Part 2" because they didn't clearify this as "Part 1". Nevertheless, there might be another LPTV where they discuss them, soon, but not as a "Part 2" of this LPTV.

4. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I know this is ultra late, but I really wish we'd see a close up of some of those other images.

Secondly I'm now a bit worried, they said they had a tight deadline, I hope that doesn't mean, they are rushing the album.

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Nope, they are not rushing the album, they've always been really tight with deadlines, just watch some of the Making-Of DVD's, they had trouble in Meteora because Chester got sick, they were really stressed during A Thousand Suns, it's natural, the last few weeks before a record must always be stressful because there is a lot going on and to be wrapped up, and might not only happen to them but with many artists.

I don't think you should be worried, because many music journalists and radio people have listened to the record by now, and there is YET to be a bad word about the album, LIVING THINGS hasn't receive ONE bad critic on any song to date, and that actually makes it really interesting and exciting.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  6. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out, but the song in the video sounds a lot like the song "There She Is" from the Portal 2 soundtrack because of the harp sounds and chords.

7. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You're right!

8. YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I agree. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, Mike does say in the video that the release date for the album was the one they wanted, so I don't think they were pressured to finish the album sooner. iTunes was just pressuring them about the album name/tracks part.

9. Andreina

I was going to write this in my post as well but I didn't, and I agree. The date was one they WANTED, not one they were rushed into.

10. Eventide

Eventide Banned

Hahaha! He is so stoked on his meal!

11. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Oh okay, that actually makes me feel a little better, maybe I wasn't listening properly when I watched the video or something, lol that is typical me.

Yeah I remember the band being a little stressed the ATS DVD, my memory is terrible these days, so I can't remember exactly why, but I think that was the first time I saw Mike even slightly stern.

And yes the 100% positive reception so far, has got me pumped even more.

12. Andreina

Yeah there were some pretty tense scenes in there, it almost felt awkward even when you know you're not there.. And there is a part where Brad turns away the camera and asks to stop filming. They were stressed at one point :lol:

I'm really confident and pumped about it, I really think a masterpiece is coming.

13. David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

14. Wolf6950

Wolf6950 Active Member

15. David Vereker

David Vereker Banned

It's one other LT song

16. Wolf6950

Wolf6950 Active Member

hmm, it seems the others are being removed or something :confused:

17. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Holy coincidence, Batman! I'd laugh if someone was playing Portal 2 in the background and we've all just interpreted it to be a new song haha xD

Just because the album cover and song titles were rushed, it doesn't mean the content of the album was rushed. Based on all the reviews it looks like they pretty much got the music spot on and that's the important thing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.