05.18.2012 - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I hope whoever went had the time of their lives because that may be the best set-list I have ever seen.

2. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool setlist indeed. Good to see that they brought back some old songs.

3. vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

i hope they keep this setlist when they come to Europe, it's perfect.

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That verse from Until it Breaks sounds like Fort Minor. Fucking pumped! Also, that Beastie Boys cover was amazing!

5. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

This.

I'm finally going to see them live this year. After seeing and hearing some of this setlist, I'm pumped.

Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent = Amazing

TINFOIL = Awesome Show Opener

Sabotage over Bleed It Out = Perfect

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  6. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Ok, so I just woke up a couple of hours ago to discover all of this :D Looks like an amazing show!

Very cool to see With You and Runaway back (even if only for one show). Honestly did not expect them to return, what a nice surprise! Some might not rate Runaway as a song - it's true, there are better songs, but it'd still be fun live (especially if it was unexpected/a surprise).

I think the LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent Medley is brilliant. I especially like SOTD played in a different key and at a slightly faster tempo - really nice! For me, I don’t like a live LP show to spend too much time at slower, moodier tempos. But this is an excellent way of presenting these songs, a highly enjoyably way to spend 6 minutes of a live show.

I think POA had an energy to it that I haven't heard in a long time. There was something really tight about the guitar riff and the drums, just something very punchy and cool. Maybe it was the intimate venue - it sounded like a tight hip hop song, rather than the huge, lumbering, arena track that it was during the MTM touring cycle (both are great - just different).

One Step Closer - I might have misheard over the noise of the video, but it sounds like Rob does a short fill during the intro just before the band kicks in - sounds cool!

Bleed It Out - The first verse had an accent/swagger/flow that I’ve heard once or twice before from Mike during this song - it’s a slightly more animated, wide-eyed, frantic sounding flow. Another example I could point to would be Bleed It Out/Reading My Eyes/APFMH (Munich, Germany, 2011), during the APFMH verse. It’s cool when he does that.

And Sabotage... oh man... amazing! So much energy! I’m sure it’s just a temporary tribute piece to MCA, but I’d happily see it stick around for a while. And I liked Bleed It Out at the faster tempo too!

I’d happily see this set continue, although I’d still like to see When They Come For Me and Lying From You rotated back into the set at times.

7. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I think the thing I'm most excited about is that they've brought back "With You"!

8. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

So, the song that we heard on the last LPTV episode was ''Tinfoil'' indeed.

9. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Man, that Sabotage cover there was epic. Just watched it.

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Tinfoil is amazing!!!!

They nailed sabotage!!!

The Medley is genius!!!

With you was amazing!!!

11. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Tinfoil gives me The Requiem vibes alllllll over the place, but with the backing of something like Session.

With You and Points looked straight out of 2001 which is EPIC

The Waiting for the End intro AND outro were pretty sick

The medley was also done brilliantly

And Sabotage was insane!!

I do believe it's time to introduce a Bleed It Out Super Medley: RME/BIO/NRL/APFMH/Sabotage/Ext Outro. My mind would never recover from being blown so hard.

12. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

UNTIL IT BREAKS just that one verse before WFTE was EPIC! Such swagger by mike and that's what I'm looking forward to allot on this new album is just hearing Mike being an MC again. Overall from all the videos I've seen on youtube it was a great gig and one that was worthy of the diehard LPU.

13. Biel

Biel Banned

I can see it too dude, just see how mike is smiling with the old songs, my theory is: They still LOVE play the old songs like Runaway, With You and POA but they take these songs from the setlist, to not be the same and same stuff in almost all shows i guess for sometime they wants be so far away from the HT songs for any reason, but im really happy to see my favorite band in this earth getting fun again and giving all of their energy to the crowd, really im happy.

This !

and also i dont understand, why you guys are so pessimist, i mean why they should keep all of the old and new stuff on their setlist and play more than 25 songs?
    now LP have 5 albuns, is almost impossible with all of the LP music (90% of all of their music are so amazing) play "just" 21-22 or 25 songs, anyway im fuckin excited to this album cycle and also i hope they come to Brazil this year, we will rock them like in 2004 baby \m/

14. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

They should rotate Runaway with WTCFM, NSM, or FTI.

Or you know, just replace it completely. :) THEN it'd be perfection.

15. @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

This was the first thing on my mind. I used to love this song live and my feelings haven't changed. Now, if only they would bring a show closer to me so I can enjoy it.

16. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

this setlist is just sick!!! With You and Sabotage? Wow! Hope that`s a little indicator for the Upcoming Shows.

17. Biel

Biel Banned

This, or with Wretches and Kings.

18. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

You read my mind.

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Don't forget the drum solo also :WTF:

20. Sicknode

Sicknode Breaking The Habit

It's 11:50 AM (EST). I don't go to work until 2:00pm. I had all intentions of sleeping in today. So I end up waking up around 7:40-ish to check to see if any videos were uploaded(Which I knew there would be). Ever since watching the videos I haven't been able to go back to sleep! Fucking amazing videos!:awesome:

:chuck: Chuck Norris Approves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.