Reminder: Linkin Park Performing at 2012 Billboard Music Awards Tonight

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

The problem isn't with Chester's voice, but the problem is the lack of effects that is missing on this performance. If they added something like Delay and Reverb to Chester's vocal, it would sound much better. That's why I think that the problem is the mix, like alot of people said here.

2. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

I am usually a pretty harsh judge, but I thought Chester sounded just fine. Pretty darn good, actually. Yes, his tone has certainly changed in the last 12 years, but age, experience, and training will do that. If you want to last in the game, you really need to prepare.

The mixing was atrocious, but that's to be expected from an awards show.

3. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Enjoy the electronically charged album called Living Things. The amount of people who seriously still think it's going to sound identical to the HT/Meteora days are just in denial.

Just like they were for Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns...

4. Why are some of you guys so critical? That was a great performance with awful mixing. Especially the fact that it is their 3rd time performing this song.

Oh, and one reason why chester's voice sounds weird sometimes is due to the sidechain of the vocals. It sounds very compressed and not natural because of it.

EDIT: The side chain dissapears after the first chorus.

5. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Mixing was so bad.

6. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

Any news about the BID video??

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

FYI, it definitely was the mixing. I played this same performance through a sound system (meaning you hear a little more of the crowd etc) and Chester didn't sound like he was struggling at all. It was actually pitch perfect in most spots. Even in the chorus.

So the flat award show mixing was to blame. It had no depth and made Chester sound like he had no oomph, when he was actually great.

8. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

LMFAO. Yea I know I can't spell but im not in school right now so idgaf. But I really don't mind the new stuff and wouldn't complain if Living Things sounded like it, but it would be nice to hear some Shinoda raps or a some heavy instrumentals, or maybe even some chester screams (dont need to hear those as much though).

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Stop kidding yourself. You don't mean "heavy instrumentals" because there have been plenty of heavy instrumentals. You want distorted guitars, rapping, and screaming.

10. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Metrola must be that record they made but then accidentally deleted it from their hard drive, so they came out with that shitty Meteora album instead.

11. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

And people dissing on Meteora again. At this point, it becomes very boring and unecessary.

Anyway, yep, solid performance but the mix is kinda meh. Synth in the intro is way too low, Mike's hamornies too loud, and the entire thing sounds...flat.

12. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

^ Yeah, that.

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

As long as the nu-metal diehards keep reacting to it, it will never get boring.

Also, *unnecessary

14. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

To be fair at this stage the bitching about meteora is as annoying and childlish as wanting LP to go back to its roots and make HT3.

15. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

No one was bitching. Simply made an opinionated statement. Someone reacted to it and because of THAT, it's an issue. Again.

16. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Back on topic, people.

17. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

18. MicCarrera

Actually no. I love hip hop rap, not a huge fan of rock. I know there have been heavy instrumentals like part of blackout, no more sorrow, mayb W&K idk, but I want some Fort Minor, beat heavy stuff. And its not like I'll complain or anything if there isnt any. Also I not a huge fan of screaming anyway, can't stand screamo stuff. I perfer he sing, but occially do some yelling. I love LP, not nu-metal old LP or experimental idk what to call it LP, but LP.

19. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:facepalm:

-------------------------

I actually enjoyed the performance. Mike rapping in a suit was pretty sweet. :D

20. MicCarrera

Sorry I had one last thing to say lol. But yea the perforance was amazing. Chester definently brought it, and ABC definently screwed that it. Maybe Linkin Park can get their popularity back (after the a thousand suns downfall of fans).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.