MySpace Exclusive: More Track Details & Lyrics Revealed in LIVING THINGS Preview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Nice that you can see so easily that Mike was joking but you're so sure that I meant it deathly seriously. Yeah, to say I was joking wouldn't make any sense, and I'm not saying I was, but if you read what I said, I used that part of the video from Mike to then follow up by saying "It's almost like in Until it Breaks he's going "totally African-American" with the style instead" or something pretty close to being along those lines. Do you see a lot wrong with what I said? Did I offend you? If so, I'm sorry, I definitely wasn't trying to.

I don't see how you think things I'm saying don't make sense. I've read them over, they make sense to me, as well as to others around me who I've asked to read over what I said to see if they think there's anything wrong with it, or if it made sense, so I would know if it was just something I wasn't seeing...but nope, they don't see anything wrong either.

2. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No, no offense taken. ;D EDIT: I understood your initial point but I wrong perceived, in that bit I quoted, that you were referring to something Minus said when you were actually just reiterating your own position.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  3. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Well, I love how Minus reads that couple paragraph post and picks the one sentence that was the least relatable to the main point of the whole thing. (at least one of the sentences). Like cmon really.

And to LPMeteorian, +1 for defending meteora, and I wish I could be the same as you and like all LP SONGS (but sadly I dislike 2)

4. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I was just trying to get at how I was using Mike's 'caucasian' joke from that video to then follow it up by saying that it seems in Until it Breaks he was going very, I guess, non-caucasian. I guess I should've just stuck to saying hip-hop the entire time, I do wonder if the lyrics are a little bit 'too' hip-hop, but again, I'll see when the final song is bumping in my headphones. Minus was accurate on one thing he said in response to me, the lyrics seem more like something you'd hear in a Jay-Z song than an LP song, but again, I know Mike has a heavy influence from that genre. It makes sense to incorporate it, but I'd rather see it used heavily in Fort Minor projects, or collaborations, etc. I'm sure the song will end up fine, this kind of blew out of proportion when I was just meaning to state an opinion/start a 'healthy' discussion lol, not go at each other's throats..

My bad if my wording wasn't the best and thus wasn't easy to understand...I do tend to re-read before hitting "post reply" but maybe I should do it a little more.

5. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Thank you Dementia, that's what I was thinking too with Minus' replies, shaking my head at exactly what you said, and thanks for getting what I meant and the +1.

Which are the two LP songs you dislike? (Don't worry, won't start an argument lol, just curious)

6. minuteforce

I understood that quote right after I made that post and edited, just so you know. ;D It was just that one thing you said but it made sense to me in the end!

7. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Awesome lol, glad it makes sense now.

Have you ever disliked an LP song? Since I'm semi-starting that discussion with Dementia, throw in your input too!

8. Blake

Yeah I find it so weird he goes out if his way to hate Meteora when that wasn't the point of the post. And the fact that he always takes jabs at Meteora on an LP Fansite. He doesnt have to like the cd but just the fact that he goes out of his way too hate on it is beyond me and a waste of time in my opinion.

(and it's High Viltage and Robot Boy that I don't like)

9. minuteforce

A fair few. There's a list somewhere on this board, I should go and look for it

10. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Yea I agree about the Meteora bashing.

I can understand not liking Robot Boy. I've never disliked a song but I'm not biased enough to think people are crazy if they do lol. There's been a few that challenged the streak, so-to-speak, that's why even though LP doesn't ever let me down I can't help but get nervous with new releases, because "the streak" means nothing if it's a lie or biased and I want to keep being able to say it's true.

Robot Boy is a bit repetitive, I'm guessing that's your qualm with it? I personally like when it breaks into the instrumental bridge, all the way through to when the lyrics return. Not to say I dislike the rest, but that's my favourite part of it. Which version of High Voltage didn't you like? I've heard a few, the Hybrid Theory EP original version, one with more rapping throughout, and then the H! Vltg3 or whatever remix on Reanimation (which is one I didn't like, but I don't count that album since it was mixed with a bunch of collaborators to make remixes of existing songs)

11. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Uh oh..hope it's not too many lol..(kidding)

12. minuteforce

I found the list I made from two years ago and realised it's mostly B-sides; songs the band didn't think were good enough to be on their studio releases. I'd say it's still fairly accurate, though, so, going off that list I made and not counting B-sides and remixes, my least favourite Linkin Park songs are "Forgotten", "Don't Stay" and "Somewhere I Belong". :)

13. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

My fave of the three you disliked lol is Forgotten, and I do like Don't Stay and Somewhere I Belong, but I can understand why you didn't. They aren't favourites of mine. The closest I came to not being sure if I liked a song was probably Hit the Floor or Nobody's Listening, maybe Robot Boy, maybe something off Minutes to Midnight like Given Up...but I can honestly say I like all those songs...they just maybe took a few listens for me to realize that lol.

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

How is that making things up? They've stated in many interviews for ATS that they didn't want to make Hybrid Theory Part Three. I WONDER WHAT PART TWO WAS?!

Also, you're missing the very first unspoken rule of the LPA:

NEVER TAKE MINUS SERIOUSLY.

15. Blake

^ depending on the subject, it's too hard not to take you seriously

16. Minus

Then I have succeeded.

It's the internet. Caring is optional.

17. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

lol I'm too new here to know of that unspoken rule...but I will now make note of it, thank you.

18. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

:leo: Not sure if I should take seriously...

19. Minus

Hey, I just met you.
    And this is crazy
    But here's my post now
    Take it seriously

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.