New LIVING THINGS Track Premiering 5.24.12 On BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

I agree with it being different and unique but sometimes unique doesn't mean it is a good thing. In this case the song lacks that emotional depth because the angry lyrics and cheery music conflicts and thus losing its magic that past lp songs such as numb from the inside or even given up has.

When u listen to a sad song and it makes u feel sad or angry with an angry song, then those songs are good songs because you felt emotionally connected to it. With lgm on the other hand, it's like people are complimenting the song just because of being able to hear mike rap and Chester scream again. But to me, when I listened to lgm, it just lacks depth that makes it inferior when compared with the lp classics.

2. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Maybe it's that voice in the back of our head's

3. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I've been checking back every five minutes or so, and tonight's Zane Lowe show is up for listening again now.

4. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

I loved BID, good enough for me to repeat for a long period of time, but LGM was alright. The dubstep really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and actually like it. The raps were pretty good too, but I just couldn't put i all together and really get into it. I will listen to it quite a bit still, but it defently isn't one of my favorites. At least it was only 2:24, so other songs are longer :). LP4LIFE

5. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Based on early reviews of the songs (though that's always iffy, I'm pretty sure they nominated Lies Greed Misery for a single, and I definitely don't) I think you'll really like I'll be Gone, Lost in the Echo, Castle of Glass (maybe), Powerless, Roads Untraveled...those are the songs I'm most excited for as I think they represent the best chances of similar appeal (not sound, just appeal and overall goodness) as Numb, Leave Out All the Rest, Burning in the Skies...

I hope I'm right lol

6. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Song fucking sucks. Don't like the way Chester sang/screamed ( the lies! greed! misery! just sounds too fun for a track that should have been darker. i don't care if they're trying to be different, its NOT working in this song) and Mike rapping sounded awful. This is the type of track, if i weren't an LP fan id say " man LP is getting weak/boring". Song is a lot like Blackout in the sense that the beat/flow sounds cheery, but the screams/lyrics aren't. It just feels off. I can see this song really appealing to angsty teenagers though. Talk about 1 step forward 2 steps back.

I'd love to get an acapella of Chester's at the end and put that on something more appropriate. Missed opportunity.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Quick, how do you record an internet radio broadcast?? I know I sound like a mega nerd but Shinoda mentioned my name on it!

.....hey wait, BBC Radio One is playing Annie Mac whoever the hell that is...

8. Danny LP

Danny LP Member

LGM=happier version of faint which is a good, very good thing.

9. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

have u seen mike's latest tweet
    lol
    It's going to be really funny when Joe from LPA uploads the file, & you guys all find out it's a 2 minute mp3 of Joe Hahn on the toilet.

10. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Listening for the 5th time now, trying to see if I missed something; unfortunately there is not much to miss here... I like the songs where you can still discover new stuff the 100th time you listen, maybe a hidden pad on a hidden channel, or a side FX to fill the sound, here is just all in your face, simple and unevolved.
    I hope the band had fun doing this stuff, 'cause that is all what matters in the end.
    For my point of view, I'm glad Mike is back for more but even his performance doesn't hold up on this... thing. For comparation, some tracks in DBS sounded much like filler songs to me, such as the the 4th track (don't recall the title) sounds like My Suffering and this chorus sounds like both of them and even tho I am not into DBS to feel anything toward those songs, I'm extremely disappointed a LP song with this kind of sound made it to the album. LGM is as simple as the title suggests, not any less better nor memorable than the best interlude on ATS, 'cause this track is a pure filler with no substance to the core.
    LGM tries to hypnotize with its powerful bass but doesn't work on me (remove the bass and tell me if you still like the track).

11. m_macdonald

You must be listening to the live radio broadcast (Annie Mac is on after Zane Lowe). Listen to the show again from the Zane Lowe page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkth

:)

12. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Artists have been contrasting upbeat instrumentation with depressing lyrics for ages...

There are songs that make me feel quite happy, but their lyrics are depressing as shit. Example: Your New Twin Sized Bed - Death Cab For Cutie

It doesn't mean the song is unsuccessful per se. Just not your style.

13. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Thanks dude. On it now...trying to find a way to record it and immortalize it lol

Edit: Totally just heard Shinoda say my Twitter handle...I'm a freak of nature for this but whatever, I'm geeking out...I'm getting a freaking hand-spun, signed CD...I'm so excited...I don't mean to rub it in any faces, sorry, just excited...

14. m_macdonald

No problem man! Enjoy

15. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I LOVE everybody who says they don't like the sound, distortion and basicness of the music itself. You are listening to a radio rip probably through your crappy iPhone or computer speakers. The one thing I love above all else with LP is the added dimension they give to their music. I can listen to a song 50 times, then out of the blue, I'll hear something I hadn't heard before. Most times it's something simple, but it's amazing how I discover these little easter eggs within a song that get buried a bit. If you learn anything from this, wait for a quality rip FFS.

16. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

This. I don't like where LT is going. :/

I guess I appreciate how off the wall LGM sounds, especially compared to BID. But that alone isn't good enough to make the song good in my books.

17. hybridsoldi3r

hybridsoldi3r Member

JOE! LEAK THE SONG NOW! WE WANT ALBUM QUALITY NOT RADIO RIPS!

18. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ehm, a 120 euro headphones and a Xonar Asus Essence STX sound card BUT on a semi-low quality on YouTube of course. Though is not difficult to hear already that this track doesn't contain those "easter eggs" that I like so much to find too...

19. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

...see that didn't take long. I'm already singing along to Lies Greed Misery, aggressively, even head-banging a bit...maybe I shouldnt've divulged all of that...but oh well

20. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

This song fucking sucks. I've heard it like 10 times in a row now, and i'm a fan of ALL their work before this album so far..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.