LIES GREED MISERY REACTION THREAD

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Jayhov, May 24, 2012.

vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

when i heard it this came in my mind
    [video=youtube;tQmEd_UeeIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmEd_UeeIk&ob=av2n[/video]
    what the hell linkin park? (no pun intended lol )
    LP is becoming a boy band,when they play this song live,Brad,Pheonix and Joe will be the backup dancers :kicking::kicking::kicking:.
    Joke aside,i don't dig it,chester screaming in the end was like a cliché,have low expectation from the album now,even though i love Tinfoil.

I'm listening to Waiting for the end and other A Thousand Suns tracks, and here's the difference between them and the two new songs.

All the full-length tracks from A Thousand Suns, even Robot Boy, sound so much more polished and full comopared to Burn it down and Lies Greed Misery. There's amazing melody, structure, and that epicness in them. That's what's missing from the songs we've heard so far.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Meh.

I like Mike's delivery, verse lyrics are pretty good, but the grinding Wubs are fucking obnoxious & irritating. Chorus lyrics & melody is meh, bridge is meh & instrumentally it just goes nowhere.

Bleh.

[​IMG]

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

wretches and kings meet blackout :)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It's been clear since day one that LIVING THINGS would not exceed the ambition behind 'A Thousand Suns' . This album will be fast, fun, and harken back loosely to the elements in which they've experimented with in past records.

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

Holy SH@# I like it a lot ...I just can't decide which one I like better!!!

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I'm going to wait until I hear it with the whole album. I originally had that "WTF is this!?" moment like I did with "The Catalyst" and I love that song now. So, as of now... I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I'm sure it will grow on me.

U544

U544 Active Member

I really like the verses lyrically and musically (the positive vibe is overwhelming) but the chorus is more or less "okay" and lacks the (positive) energy of the verses. As for the bridge: The screaming is kinda awkward and doesn't fit to the rest of the track as it's feels too agressive and destructive. Nonetheless I dig the track itself aswell as the "Fort Minor"-feel it has.

RipGore

RipGore Banned

ACTUALLY, I think it's Wretches and Kings meets Lying From You. That synthetic stutter step melody in the intro reminds me of the Lying From You melody. However, the synth sound from Lies, Greed, Misery sounds more guitarish and distorted than the synth sound from Lying From You. I believe LP took note of the Lying From You instrumental and they got creative with it of course.

Also, as most people think, the chorus of Lies, Greed, Misery sounds very similar to the Wretches and Kings chorus. LOVE IT!

LYING FROM YOU
    [video=youtube;4tazTLSMIU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tazTLSMIU0&hd=1[/video]

LIES, GREED, MISERY
    [video=youtube;JDUVYd9c-qI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDUVYd9c-qI&lc[/video]

Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It's like a better version of Wretches and Kings, or something. I dig it, but I'm hoping I'll like it anymore when we get the best quality.

TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Yeah wheres Joe at!

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I enjoy it a lot the more I listen to it. I really wanna go crazy to this song live! :awesome:

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

mind..blown.. wasnt expecting so much awesomeness.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

It's only crime is being too short.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mike's verses and flow are awesome. Love the heavy electro sound, this is what we were promised with ATS but never got: "heavy without guitars". The chorus lyrics, though not poetic, capture a rawness that's been missing from LP's music for quite some time. I also like how the bridge is in contrast to the intensity of the rest of the track and how it erupts into Chester's scream. The instrumental is interesting because it sounds unlike anything LP's done before and like I said, really uses electronic elements to punch you in the gut. Overall, really solid track which strengthens my belief LT will be LP's greatest.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I give the song a C+/B. I like it but don't love. Like another poster said it feels empty. It seems like LP is content with making good songs rather than pushing themselves towards greatness. This doesn't mean I don't like BID or LGM but it's a step back from the majority of ATS.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

copy/paste from news thread:

This. I don't like where LT is going. :/

I guess I appreciate how off the wall LGM sounds, especially compared to BID. But that alone isn't good enough to make the song good in my books.

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

It's definitely a step back from ATS. The band definitely isn't coming close to their full potential with BID or LGM and it's very disappointing. I'd give BID a "C+" grade and LGM a "D" grade. Hopefully the rest of the album is a lot better because so far it's replacing Meteora as my least favorite Linkin Park album.

CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Umm... it's not a great song. But it's a fun and cool LP track. Reality kind of hits you once you get past those 5-10 first listens of "wtff this is awesomeee @#$@#%^."
    Although I think it's heavy and cool, what someone above me said is true. They seem fine with just grinding out typical LP with a bit of a twist as opposed to writing songs that will maybe lead them to one day becoming "legendary." This is by no means anywhere near anything legendary. This album will probably not satisfy you if you're looking to hear something breathtaking and innovative. (but what the hell, when do you look for that when listening to LP most of the time.) It seems they were excited (maybe too excited) with how quickly the album came together and of course they liked it. At the end of the day, it's what the band wanted to do and we as fans must at least respect that. We don't even know what half of the album sounds like yet. They most likely had a build up of withdrawal from the older style and sorta needed to make this album to get it out of their systems. I think that's a cool way to take a break after working (I think) 2-3 years on the workload that was A Thousand Suns. This is just them saying "Fuck you guys, fuck the critics, let's tear this album up and fuck the mosh pit up." One thing I love about this track though is the sounds that make it up. That guitar bit that's chopped up at the breakdown gives me weird chills, like nostalgia of hearing their voices (nohomo) again with a bit of old style sorta gave me a trip back to the past and almost brought me to mental tears, if you will. (LOL.) Anyway, wow yeah. Let's wait and hear the whole album. Their sixth one will most likely be something ... idk... great hopefully. These guys have potential, I hope one day LP does really make it to the top and make something "amazing." Meh, we shall see in due time. This track gets a 6/10 because fuck you. :)

Edit: Fucking love that Drum & Bass - esque / breakbeat drumming at the end of the song!! fuckk yehhh DNB. <333

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I was like WTF when the chorus came in at first. When they played it again I was like, ok this alright. 3rd listen, :awesome: