LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinkinMark

LinkinMark Hater.

Yeah but I waited outside the wrong BBC studio centre for hours....

2. BlackChester

BlackChester Well-Known Member

Joe is still on the train I guess. NO official leak yet ;)

3. gustina05

gustina05 Well-Known Member

No yet, he just tweeted this

Hi all, Joe (@losthopefate) here. On my way home. Expecting to leak #LIESGREEDMISERY in 3 hours give or take. Thanks for the love & support!

4. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Has he said what he's going to name the mp3 though?

5. Bob92LP

Bob92LP Well-Known Member

LGM is awesome!!!

6. gustina05

No , I don't think so, but surely LPA will mantain us informed ,on twitter or here

7. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

What is going on with this thing about Mike's password and a song leaking?

I haven't kept up with this forum in a bit of time...

8. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I knew it...I knew the scavenger hunt reward would be something significant and sure enough it is. Mike meant it when he said 'huge payoff'. I'm getting a hand-burnt, signed copy of the album...I consider that significant...I don't mean to rub it in anyone's faces, sorry, I'm just excited...I never "win" stuff...

9. gustina05

Well ..we all gonna get jealous of that for sure haha but congratulations to you :) :) :)

10. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Thank you :). I almost didn't want to post that because I'm not the type to rub things in, and I've been on the other end of stuff like this and it's not fun. I wish everyone could get the same, I feel kinda bad...if it helps any this totally puts a crimp in my plans..? lol I was going to drive out far from home to buy the album so I could blare the full album on the car ride home...I may still do that, keep this one sealed and buy another...not sure yet...

11. Aarona4

Aarona4 Member

I know Joe gets to name the upload what he wants, but what if we use this as chance to help promote Music For Relief and/or Power The World. I understand if LPA admins want to promote the site, but this could be the sites chance to be selfless and try and help in a more meaningful way.

Just a thought.

12. Bob92LP

Bob92LP Well-Known Member

Nice thought :)

13. gustina05

Yeah! to keep that one sealed its a good idea :) enjoy it!
    and the rest of us, we will have to wait until june, but sincerely, for now Im happy with the video and the new song, SOOOO HAPPY!

ok now im off to work, I've been all day here haha. it has been so fun, and you guys are amazing. good day for everyone :)

14. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I wish I threw my girlfriend's Twitter handle into the mix for the mentions in the scavenger hunt finale today...I'm upset with myself

15. Aarona4

Aarona4 Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I was at JANM and my fiance recorded us opening the clue and called the number, but I forgot to include her handle.

16. jordanW241

jordanW241 Well-Known Member

Eventful afternoon but well worth it... so glad I didn't decide to stay at home and revise! Thanks to all those who were there for a great day, hopefully I'll see some of you again at a show or something :) A signed CD for taking part is just the icing on the cake really, it was honestly just an awesome experience in itself and it was nice meeting some new people :)

In terms of the song, I actually really like it, aside from its length. Can imagine people going batshit crazy to it at a concert. I guess I understand why those who aren't too keen on dubstep-like sounds don't like it because it feels heavily influenced by that :p I think I prefer it to Burn it Down, but maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase seeing as its a new song, so I'll save full judgement until I've given it a listen a few times :D

Regarding the lack of depth or 'hidden sounds' etc., I don't really think that's the direction Linkin Park are headed for with Living Things. I agree that one of the best things about ATS is that I'm still finding new sounds in some of the songs 2 years later, which is awesome, but it seems that Living Things is a fast, punchy record rather than a scenic journey which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The songs are just going to be renowned for different reasons, and that's what I like about LP, every album (bar Meteora) is refreshingly different imo. I definitely think this is going to be an album of crowd pleasers, I don't think anyone can deny that Lies Greed Misery is going to be absolutely insane live :p

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Official leak :lol:, sounds funny.

I'm waiting here patiently ^_^ .. BTW you're not here yet Joe but amazing job you guys did today, and you actually traveled all the way there and you came back with no less than an original LP track to premiere it EXCLUSIVELY on the LPA, I knew I would be right when I rallied you guys about finishing this Scavenger Hunt in style, exceeding expectations! :D

18. jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I'm with you on this one! I can't wait to get mine!

19. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I just tried to DM/PM (whatever lol) you, but even though I'm sure I clicked submit, it's not in my sent folder...did you get a message?

20. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

For everyone asking, Joe is on his way home with the official rip, probably about 2 hours away or so. Last time he texted me he was at 6% battery life on his phone and trying to conserve it, so I probably can't get in touch with him to get a more accurate ETA.

Patience is a virtue.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.