BURN IT DOWN Video Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

where's the scene in the mall?

2. DefyTheEye

DefyTheEye Well-Known Member

wouldnt it be cool if LP brought in a new director, new vision and did like a story video, kinda like what 30STM does? joe hahn videos are kinda meh lately. this one was just a continuous circle shot with visuals put in afterwards, yay....errr not

3. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Really like it! The flame thing in the end is awesome!

4. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

i couldnt watch it.so unlucky.

5. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

When will MTV post their 30min interview, they said it's coming along with the video premiere?

6. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

for those who dont know, the video can also be watched on lp's website. the video is okay. nothing special. the effects are great but i think their biggest mistake was to try to do many things at a time. we saw in the "making of" video that they were mastering the song and making the the video on the same day. it still has an effect on the output if nothing else. they should just take their time to put out stuff. i dont blame joe's creativity as he has made great videos for lp in the past.but i feel sad to say that it lacked the energy. overall my ratings : 6/10

7. Wolf6950

Wolf6950 Active Member

8. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

9. thejoshuaway

thejoshuaway Omer Joshua. An LPU member with a future. sort of.

""Linkin Park - Bu..." is no longer available due a copyright claim by Warner Music Group.

Thanks a lot, YouTube. -,-

10. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

very bad. tbh. every music video after The Catalyst has been bad, I think Mr. Hahn needs to improve himself

11. Tonilpx

Tonilpx Member

Someone warns pro Joe Hahn that the clip was bad !!!

I expected more, this clip will not going to be very successful

effects flash, video and slow rotary already tired ..

12. Malvar

Malvar Well-Known Member

13. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Already downloaded 1080p.

What I like about the video is that frozen effect while the camera is still moving, I don't see that very often, however one of those scenes kinda cuts the flow of the video so it's doesn't look that smooth.

I liked it overall, but I can't say it's my favorite video. I'd like to see LP in the hands of a director like Joseph (K)ahn or Jonas Akerlund, or a return of Nathan Karma Cox as Co-director with Joe.

Wondering what the next single could be but signals point it could be LITE or even LGM.

14. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Have Romanek direct a single.

15. theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

Psh get Spike Jonze to direct it. It's a good video, better than what a lot of bands do, but the whole special effects no story line thing is starting to be a bit much. Linkin Park is probably one of the biggest bands in rock right now, they should be leading the way for how things like videos get done. Look at someone like Kanye West. Wether or not you like him every video he does makes the attempt to be huge. Like with Dark Twisted Fantasy he released an actual movie with it. He's about to do the same in a month or so with his GOOD music imprint. I'm sure most people on her would agree that LP is a better creative force than 'Ye yet outside of the music they don't seem to be caring about pushing to many boundaries. Seriously, how cool would it be to see a Linkin Park inspired film. Have Joe Hahn really put his directing chops to the test. I know though that they kind of rushed this album, so stuff like that is somewhat not plausible, but I really think it would be a huge success for them if they started doing cool things like promotional films.

16. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Love the video. It's not overtly complicated, nor does it need to be. The 1080p version is excellent. What intrigues me most about the video is the ceiling of the room they are playing in... love the blue energy effects at the beginning and the way it looks once the flames start. Considering that the roof was added in post, I think they did an awesome job with it :)

17. Stacy Yu

Stacy Yu New Member

Chester is dancing!Chester is dancing!Chester is dancing......So sexy!XD If include lightning maybe will be better? Just my opinion. Anyway, good job LP!

18. Private Donut

Private Donut Well-Known Member

I still very much like the song...the video is kinda meh. It didn't keep my interest and it reminded me a bit of the "New Divide" music video.

19. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Weren't there only two videos after The Catalyst? And I thought Burning in the Skies was their best one because it told a nice story. Iridescent was kinda dumb, in my opinion. It was just a bunch of random things.

20. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

This!! Blurs and obscuring our view of the performers to try to make it look more creative does not a good video make. I think the special effects are cool though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.