LIVING THINGS Track Times Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

:O!!!!

SOMETHING TELLS ME THAT VICITIMIZED IS GOING TO BE LIKE THIS!

[video=youtube;FFuSwEZMEDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFuSwEZMEDs[/video] !!!!!

Emiltayeb

Emiltayeb Well-Known Member

yea , but without the clean guitar maby

lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

I just want to point out that I have NO idea how the rest of the ablum is going to sound... Thought I had a idea after hearing BID, then LGM threw me for a loopin in both a good and bad way, but it has me thinking that maybe LGM is the "new experimental" out of the box track and BID is the more "conventional structured" track. My point is, maybe these two tracks are the indicator that there will be so much versatility on this album... If you listen to them one after the other, besides the instrumental behind them, it doesn't even sound like it's from the same album...

Soooo who knows what LP has in store for us with the rest of the album...It just may be the most diverse album they've ever put out

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Victimized is short 'coz you wouldn't be able stand one more second due to it's heavyness .

Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Short, but going to be awesome :D.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hey, I just met you
    And my brain is twitching
    YOU HAVEN'T HEARD SHIT
    So quit your bitching.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

:ditto: Till now, I love BURN IT DOWN and LIES GREED MISERY. TINFOIL and UNTIL IT BREAKS sound awesome as well. I'm sure VICTIMIZED is gonna be mind-blowing.

Kameiko

Kameiko Ketchup Face

Should I hit you or hug you.
    I am still debating.

XD

SAMEEEEEEEEEEEE! Well still trying to form an opinion on LGM I am just like MEH.

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Looks cool! I'm not quite sure why people are surprised or shocked that Victimized is short. If anything, that gets me even more excited about the song, as it would suggest they've packed something brutal into that short space of time.

People say they wanted the heaviest track on the album to last longer. In my opinion, it sounds like people are expecting this to have a slower, Black Sabbath heaviness to it. Slow, winding, crushing, grinding, grimey, heavy powerchords slowly dragging bodies across the floor. I imagine it's a much faster paced assault of a song.

The short track time (if it's real) actually gets me excited for it. It's something that I've wanted to do in my own music for some time (if I had the creativity of Linkin Park :p ) - to just create a short minute or so of totally off-the-wall, extreme, noisey, fast aggression. No need to drag it out for four minutes, otherwise it gets boring and the energy tires by the end. It's a short, non-boring way of presenting something brutally heavy.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

For someone who started off with Only HT.....

This doesnt bother nor faze me at all. I have faith :)

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Gotta agree with this. Like Mike said, POWERLESS was so long at first that it sounded boring. If you can make a good song under 2 minutes and you still feel it's complete, no need to try and make one with 4 or 5.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Agreed very much. I did a couple of songs too that were quite powerful and weren't longer than 2:30 maximum. What is your opinion about the pad/lead that surfaces in LGM during the second repetition of the second chorus? I noticed by your lates comments about FLAC/MP3 that you have a fine ear (audiophile maybe?) so I wanted your opinion about that. It really bothers me the mixer didn't give it space into the chorus to avoid repetition and add some variety, also it sounds like it has a great melody.

EDIT: It's more evident on the right channel, in case you dunno what I mean. And my problem with it is that it's far too low in volume. Would you have put it louder or do you think it's ok as it is?

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

Wasn't expecting to see everything to be under 4 minutes, dang.
    I was thrown off about Victimized seeing it's length too, but, then I realized I love a lot of songs that are even shorter. (Fast punk)
    Also, think of it this way, if you shave off the 20-30 second instrumental intros to songs like One Step Closer and Faint you get a time that's like, 2:10-2:20.
    I think Victimized will be fairly interesting, the question is how much of that 1:46 is a filler. If it's thick beginning to end like it's been described, I'm not disappointed at all.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

also u should think what u can expect. For example I have to say that for example faint is a good, short, uptempo song which, in my opinion shouldn't have been longer than that. In deed there are many sons where people say it should've been longer...but who knows it with this one? Maybe the song is good as it is (length-wise) also ...people bitch around with the short playtime but honstly I would rather have an shorter album that has songs I like from beginning to end, rather than 60-70 minutes of music of which, let's say 50% sucks

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Hey Storm, hope you're doing well man!

I guess I'm not so much an audiophile (I'm always careful not to put audio quality before my enjoyment of the music), but because I use great headphones (Sennheiser HD650 - you can hear incredible detail on these things) and I work as/aspire to be a recording engineer and mixer, I think I've managed to develop a pretty good ear for detail.

I know what you mean about the lead during the second chorus, it's quite buried isn't it? I'm a massive fan of Manny Marroquin and was very excited to hear he was mixing the new LP record, but I'm slightly underwhelmed so far. That might be because I don't like the mixes that much, or it might be because the very heavy handed, crushing mastering takes a lot of the clarity out of the choruses, and makes them a bit mushy. One thing I would say about Manny Marroquin is (in my opinion), he's not so much a mixer that spends loads of time carefully carving out spaces for instruments - I would say he's more about getting a cool "vibe" out of tracks. Sometimes it works brilliantly, but perhaps it's not suited to something with as many layers and complexity as Linkin Park!

But yeh, that lead you mention is really buried under the noise of everything else... I still love the song though, and that's the main thing. Just... not too sure about the mixing/mastering :)

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

Freaking weird lengths for sure.

tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;qT4vlB_FxGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT4vlB_FxGo[/video]

Just an example. 1:45 and heavy as fuck.
    Be patient guys!

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Why do people always keep bringing that argument?

There are dozens, if not hundreds of albums that are consistently good through 60-70 minutes of music.

MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

I really don't mind VICITIMIZED being 1:45, seeing that I wasn't really looking forward to it. I'm happy that POWERLESS and LOST IN THE ECHO are the lenghs they are, maybe should be a little longer. Overall not bad lenghs, back to HT and that other nu metal album time (And by time I mean lengh of album not era).

20. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

BMTH is a pitiful band... >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.