LIVING THINGS Track Times Revealed!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

This...

This album is meant to jump out of the gate and hit you in the mouth. Over and over, and over again and over! ;)

It will be energy packed with moments of soft melodic awesomeness (I'm looking at you, Castle Of Glasss).

Victimized is going to be like taking a punch to the jaw and immediately falling down rather than going through a 12 round fight only to lose by decision.

2. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Seven minutes!? Only seven minutes!? Are you serious!? Plus, this album is only half an hour long! Where is my two hour record!? :rick:

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I have a feeling Victimized is a bridge song. Just a quick "fuck you in the face" before going right into the next track.

4. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Yup every 18 months a new LP album will released, so that means in the next decade or so we will be getting 6 new records,
    And by that time it will be time for LP to call it quits.

5. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Just poured through the thread. Totally fine with track times. I like longer songs but could care less in the end.

Also I think this was mentioned earlier and never answered: on iTunes, for song previews, songs less than 2:30 get :30 previews, longer than 2:30 get 1:30 previews. So only :30 of VICTIMIZED and TINFOIL will be on there for preview.

6. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Time for LP to...call it...quits..?...I don't understand this...is this a different language is this...is this a dream I don't want...to believe it's even...Mommy please make him stop...my ears are bleeding *covers ears and sings "Raindrops keep falling on my head"...

...TELL ME HE DIDN'T MEAN IT :dafuq:

7. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Will be interesting to see how CASTLE OF GLASS transitions into VICTIMIZED though :D

8. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Lol what i mean is that by the time the next 6 albums come, LP will be old think about it they will have a combine of 11 albums in that time frame. Chester will be in like his late 40's.

9. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

10 bucks says someone on Youtube eventually puts something up called "No Roads Left Untraveled"

10. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Good point, because according to MySpace it is going to go from Ambient (CASTLE OF GLASS) into Metallic and what is apparently Linkin Park's heaviest song yet (VICTIMIZED) to a piano-driven ballad Heartbreak (ROADS UNTRAVELED).

11. street soldier

street soldier Active Member

Dear Derek:

Today, I was @ Warner Music México for the LIVING THINGS listening party!

The album is pretty amazing... but 'Victimized' is THE SHIT! I can't even figure if it's Mike or Chester doing distorted vocals in the very beginning! Sounds like a 'Death Grips" track but with balls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnsI67bHpmk

Can't remeber pretty well the song title, but I guess it was 'Roads Untraveled'. The track was really disappointed. Is very catchy, but Chester sings a verse kind of The Kinks' track "House of the Rising Sun"... same words, same melody... very folky. Reminds me 'Shadow of the Day / With or Without you" thing.

Tinfoil merge into Powerless.
    Mike Shinoda are improving their vocal skills and making new experimental things with his voice. They are using a filter to distort their vocal range to do it deeper.

Roads Untraveled + Skin to Bone are a new anthems. It's Chester and Mike singing together an entire song for the very first time!

LIVING THINGS is really the Hybrid Theory. A journey through all LP's discography.
    Mexico's presale starts Tuesday in mixup. We'll get a limited edition poster as a gift.
    A week before the release of the album, iTunes will host for free the entire record.

12. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Depeche Mode are all in their 50's and still going strong... same with The Cure.

13. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

WHY IS NO ONE ASKING ABOUT WHAT ELSE HE HEARD. MY BOY, YOU SHOULD WRITE A REVIEW OF EACH AND EVERY SONG.

/ALLCAPS

14. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Aside from Victimized and Tinfoil, I'm satisfied with these lengths. Reminds me of the good old HT/M days. I generally dislike their long songs

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  15. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

...huh? I've never heard of this user so I don't know if he/she is trolling or not.

16. street soldier

street soldier Active Member

LOL, i'm no trolling. I'm here @ the LPA a year before you.
    This is the poster we'll get if we do the pre sale (start Tuesday)

540004_392025700835766_155565477815124_1061021_2027563702_n.jpg

This is the number 8 of 1000.

17. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

lol I knew what you meant, I just don't like thinking about it...trust me, I know all good things come to an end, I was just thinking the other day about how I just want to enjoy the LP ride while it lasts...but I don't need the news to confirm for me to know that somebody probably got shot or stabbed today lol, if you catch my drift...

Not mad at you for saying it or anything though...that's just reality...although I do hope they can be like U2, Depeche Mode, etc and just kind of...keep going...but only if they can keep producing quality, and I believe they have the talent to go for ages...as long as fans stop demanding screaming out of Chester as he approaches age 50...think longevity people, no more Chester hospitalizations...

18. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

What did lost in the echo sound like

19. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Poster looks legitimate...but look over your post about the album. You called Roads Untraveled disappointing, then mentioned it again as a new anthem lol, seemingly in a positive light too.

I hope I'll be Gone isn't what you really thought was disappointing/folky, etc...

Edit: Changed my mind, I think you think the folky one is Castle of Glass

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  20. Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

Wow, a Living Things listening party..
    I prefer to hear the album itself. Don't trust reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.