05.26.2012 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock in Rio

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

The new SIB intro is straight stadium status. Loving all of the oldies. It seems like they're definitely feeling that old energy again and actually enjoy playing the older stuff.

Edit: And the Catalyst is so damn epic live. Seriously.

2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

That's right, one thing i noticed the NEW INTROS to some of the LP's CLASSIC give the energy back on the set because revising the song make the classic songs FRESH and INTERESTING.... i hope they will revised other MTM & ATS too.. WTFE is awesome also..

3. Geki

Geki >.

Anyone know where I can get the entire show but in separate tracks? On YouTube or something? I don't want the entire show in one big video.

4. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

Great setlist, A Place For My Head is back! I hope this is the setlist also for Rock Am Ring!

5. box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

Just watched the concert, OMG that was amazing, all the extended intros and outros were crazy

6. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Here you go

[video=youtube;W1_O3fr74N4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_O3fr74N4[/video]

7. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

enter.jpg

YT CUT THIS PART

8. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

This guy :awesome:

9. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

Watched the concert, highlights are:

- A Place For My Head
    - Runaway
    - From The Inside
    - LOATR/SOFD/Iridescent Medley
    - The Catalyst
    - Crawling
    - In The End
    - Sabotage, etc...

Great concert!

10. nroc

nroc Member

Seeing so excited you are, will only make me sadder.
    YouTube, you're so out of reach.

11. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Yoda?

12. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Reminds me of FTI tbh

13. Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

What was Brad playing on? (on LGM)
    The M-AUDIO thing, not Native Instruments ?

14. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

LOL in the medley it's "LOATR/SOTD/Iridedescent". :kappa:

15. InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom Active Member

That really was an amazing performance. This concert had the best setlist in years! Pure energy from start to finish! I hope Chester won't get too tired because of this... :D

Seriously, the setlist is amazing. Beginning the concert with A Place for My Head was really unexpected but I loved it. With You was amazing! It's one of LP's greatest songs and it's great to see it make a comeback. I hope they keep this kind of setlist. I love Linkin Park, but in the last couple of years there was something lacking in their concerts. There were always some parts in every concert where the whole thing just slows down way too much. Making a medley out of Leave Out All the Rest, Shadow of the Day and Iridescent was a genius move and if they want to keep their setlists energetic they will probably keep this medley for the rest of the tour. I love these three songs, but if you would play these songs seperately, it really slows down the crowd. Most people are there to rock. Through the medley they can still play these beautiful songs but the concert doesn't have any dragging moments. The slow songs are all in one big medley, so that medley is like the beautiful moment where the crowd and the band can catch their breath and relax for a moment :)

So yeah, I loved the concert even though the mixing and overall quality was pretty bad. But that's not the band's fault and I'm sure if you see them live in person they sound way more amazing.

Lies Greed Misery sounded kinda weird on Mike's verses. There were like barely any instruments. I'm not sure if that's the mixing's fault or if the "dubstep" sound doesn't really happen at live performances of this song. Anyway if they fixed Mike's verses and make the instruments as noisy as they are on the album, LGM is an amazing live song.

I loved the intros and outros! The Waiting for the End outro was awesome, did they ever do that on the ATS tour?

Overall: Fucking kickass concert, I hope they keep the energy till I finally see them live. Even though they messed some things up, like some lyric-messups in Runaway, Somewhere I Belong and Burn It Down, but they aren't that used to playing these songs so that's okay :D Oh and Joe completely failed at the In the End outro xD One of the greatest (recorded) LP concert in years! Can't wait for the Pinkpop Festival, that one will be proshot, too, right?

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  16. Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

great show, but fucking atrocious mixing! seriously, the last part of BID was the worst, couldn`t hear Mike at all, despite the fact that he was rapping. The Image Quality is nice, but the sound......seriously...

17. punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

This is what I've gotten so far from Until It Breaks intro... I don't know if anyone could add/edit to what I have here. Mike rocks it so hard on some parts I can't catch it when he does it live. @.@

//

This is something for your people on the block
    Back out in ??
    Give you what you need like papa, muchacha
    Separate the weak from the ??
    ?? / I creep hard on imposters
    And switch styles on a dime, quick with it
    Y'all quit trippin, I don't have time for your crying
    I lined up suckers, make your mind up
    Are you in the firing squad or are you in the line-up?
    Bang bang, little monkey found playing
    With the big guns only get you slain
    I ain't playing, I'm just saying
    You ain't got a sliver of a chance
    ?
    ?
    So shake, shake down, money is the breakdown
    You can play the bank, I'm a play a bank takedown
    And no mistakes now, coming to get ya
    I'm a Banksy, you're the Brainwash, get the picture?
    It's like that

18. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I think there's already a thread for that.. You might wanna check in there.

19. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Yeh, good question, not sure why Rob has switched to regular over-ear headphones over IEMs. My guess would be they offer him greater isolation (in order to hear click tracks etc) than the IEMs. For example, perhaps he doesn't require as much volume when using headphones as her does when wearing IEMs. Alternatively, he might find headphones more comfortable or he just prefers them.

Brad doesn't wear headphones though, as I understand. He simply wears ear defenders with regular ear plugs underneath, and relies on the on-stage monitors/wedges to hear the band's performance. That's my understanding.

20. pkennethv

pkennethv New Member

I don't know for certain, but from the looks of it (the "headphone" itself and the look of the cable coming from it), I strongly suspect Rob is still using IEMs (the cable looks like the same ones from Ultimate Ears) and the "headphones" are simply ear defenders he puts overtop of the IEMs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.