05.26.2012 - Lisbon, Portugal - Rock in Rio

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

How could I forget about Benfica? :facepalm: ha ha..! The classic FCP v. SLB.. Yes and Chester took the hint very well, he said something like "I don't know what this is but it pisses the fans off ha ha"

It was a great show, and congratulations on your role for Roadie of the Day! I hope to see some pics soon of the M&G as well :)

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I love how the new intros and outros add a whole new dimension to the old songs. It's almost like hearing new material again :D It bridges the gap until I actually hear new material haha

3. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

That was a great crowd. I like the new song though. That is what I'm looking for. They nailed it live. Good.

4. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Still watching the whole concert, but two things are set in my mind: LGM is an epic live song, and the Walls of Noise outro for "Waiting For The End"...was PERFECT.

5. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Is it just me... or was this one of their best recorded live performances? They seem insanely strong here...

New intros/outros kick ass!

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's just you. The mixing was terrible and there were a few missteps. Chester's BADLY botched note at the beginning of Crawling, for example. Or whoever the hell was messing with the drums for 4 songs straight.

Also, Somewhere I Belong.

7. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Still better than Road to Revolution.

8. chazz_duran

chazz_duran Member

Live In Rio was really big thing for me... Just from the beginning, till the end it was amazingly energetic, powerfull and well played gig... I love the fact that Chester sounds really great and he's screaming again like many years ago... Setlist perfect, band perfect... Sound engineering not good :/

I wish to see them in same shape in Poland on 9 June...

9. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Holy shit. Chester's screaming is on fucking point. LGM sounded really bare but I'm sure that was just the mixing of the live stream.

10. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Need
    DVD
    cover
    now

11. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

12. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

And "New Divine" :rolleyes:

13. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I noticed Mike's Keyboard setup during NEW DIVIDE... i think there is missing something?... that device or sensor thing like he did during ATS Tours.

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, the theremin that he used during the last tour is no longer there. Hahn's also replaced the nanoPADs he used to use with something else to trigger samples with, I can't tell what it is

15. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

you're right.... but that theremin was cool, what is the reason why Mike did not used it anymore? i like Joe's setup and replacing those PADS made it more convenient to use...

16. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

it was brilliant, probably the best day of my life. Going there with my gf, mom and a lot of friends, getting to meet the band which was a dream I always had for 8 years now...and then this amazing show, way better than 2008, simply perfect imo. perfect setlist, perfect voices, well perfect show! I'm still tired as fuck xD

17. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

Aaargh they took it down! :(
    Anyone have some of those other links handy?

18. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Ah! That would make a lot of sense yes. That would allow him to use the IEMs as before (and possibly not need to have them as loud) with the added isolation of the ear defenders. That could well be it.

I know, the theremin has gone, it was cool! But as far as I recall, the main place he used the theremin was during When They Come For Me, and it would seem that it won't be appearing on this tour. Joe's nanoPADs were mainly for triggering cue points and making stutters/glitches during the speeches (Savio and Oppenheimer) and since they aren't being used this tour, they're no longer needed. He's still using the touch-screen Jazz Mutant from last tour for triggering samples and it'll be interesting to find out what that new piece of kit he's using is! :D

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It's not just him, I think it was o ne of their best concerts ever. Sure, the mixing was terrible but their actual performance was one of their best ever

20. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I went to the show but only now had time to come here.

It was a great show, without a doubt the best LP show I've seen live to date!:WTF:
    Great setlist, great energy, great crowd. Loved the old classics like With You and Runaway.
    I was like an hysterical child during the whole show!! It was amazing.:awesome:
    Hoping a better ProShoot source of the show will surface soon (Sic Radical's one has the annoying hosts talking during the intro, and the YouTube one has a shitty image quality).

The streaming and TV mixing was terrible, but live it was amazing. Chester's voice was great, and even Mr. Hahn's samples and scratches could be heard clear as water!

Last edited: May 29, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.