06/01/12: Nürburg, Germany - Rock am Ring 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Linkin Park will be playing in Nürburg, Germany tomorrow for their forth show of their international Summer Festival Tour. The band will be playing the famous Rock Am Ring festival for the fourth time in their career, the first being June 3rd, 2001. Rock Am Ring holds a special place in fan's hearts as it has been the birthplace of several exciting additions to the band's setlists over the years, including the mysterious "In Yourself" interlude, the band's highly praised cover of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, and many other memorable moments.

[video=youtube;MEOzvEmNqaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEOzvEmNqaI[/video]

The band will be heading to Rock Am Ring fresh off of the recently played Skive Festival in Denmark where they played the same setlist that they've played for the last three shows (with the exception of LGM being added in Rock In Rio). This may remain the case for the rest of the tour, as many fans will remember a statement made by Pooch in the LPU chat a month ago where he stated the band was likely to only play 1-2 songs from LIVING THINGS this tour, with the breadth of the new material debuting live after the release of the album itself. Therefore, because of this it is uncertain as to whether or not revolving setlists will be introduced during this tour. This may be the setlist the band sticks with until they begin their US tour later this summer.

Also, unlike in previous years, Linkin Park's performance at Rock Am Ring might not be streamed this year, due to licensing restrictions. For the past few dates this tour, Linkin Park's label has refused to give approval/permission for the band's performances to be streamed, and with no news yet of a stream and less than 24 hours to go, it is unlikely that we will be witnessing the band's performance this year. However; Rock In Rio was approved the same day so anything is possible. Until then, we will be sharing coverage with Rock Am Ring fansite Ring Rocker for coverage on this event (including setlists, pics, and potential video) and we will let you know if anything special happens at this show. Will we see something unique this show? Only time will tell.

Live Stream Update: Linkin Park have agreed to have 15 minutes of their performance air at 2:30am CEST. You can watch via the live stream link below.

Live Stream Update 2: It appears the schedule has changed once again and will now be 30mins from 2:00am-2:30am. Remember, this isn't a LIVE stream. Linkin Park play from 11:20PM - 1:00AM CEST. The stream below will play highlights from the performance.

Rock Am Ring - Live Stream
    Alternate Link & Schedule

2:00AM CEST | 1:00AM BST | 8:00PM EDT | 5:00PM PDT

Once the band have played Rock Am Ring tonight, they will have a day off before playing Nurembourg, Germany for the famous Rock im Park 2012 on June 3rd.

Are you heading to Rock Am Ring to see Linkin Park? Feel free to send us your updates and pictures to @LPAssociation! And visit Ring Rocker for information on Linkin Park and other great acts at the show. Also, you can let us know if you're going and discuss the show in our Forums.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Don't understand Warners problem with streaming. I hate them.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Hope that everyone who's going will have fun! RAR is always amazing.

Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

He says "talk shit to me, no" instead of "talk slick to me, no". Does that mean there's gonna be an explicit version of the song different from the radio version? Or do you think it was just to spice it up?

Although I'm not sure if saying shit would make it explicit

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

Well my friend told me that it'll be streamed online,http://www.orionmusicandmore.com/2012/rock-am-ring-livestream/ ,don't know,it'll be streamed live or not.
    I want pro shots of just two shows,rock am ring & rock im park,setlist is good,but slow songs are missing,they've messed up with outro of B.T.H,& Outro of W.F.T.E
    02.06.2012 Köln, NW,Germany
    LANXESS arena,TV total Autoball EM 2012

superdupercop

superdupercop Member

haha i just saw Wish again just for the sake of it....and holy shit. that shit is dope.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It's Linkin Park, it's Rock Am Ring, they deserve at least a full proshot film of the performance. Stream will be a huge bonus though.

The Wish cover.... Speechless.

Geki

Geki >.

LP's Rock AM Ring shows are ALWAYS epic and usually a highlight of an album cycle for me... I think this show will be kick ass just like the others. I hope we at least get 9 songs like we did for the '07 show, if not the entire show like we did with RAR 01 and RAR 04. Also, it's listed on the DSP site... Does this mean we will finally get a Rock AM Ring DSP?!?

Anyways, that's interesting about the ''talk shit to me'' instead of ''talk slick to me'' line in LIES GREED MISERY. I really always thought it should have been shit instead of slick, maybe the version we did get was edited? Who knows...

Arun1910

1:47 of that video, Chester has a god damn stage fit hahahaa

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

RaR '04 has to be one of my favourite concerts of all time. I really hope this'll be up for a stream!

Arun1910

I found some acts being streamed, None of them being LP.

Friday 1st June:
    18:00 – Lamb of God
    18.25 – Cypress Hill
    18.45 – Killswitch Engage
    19:55 – Gossip or Guano Apes
    20:05 – Kasabian
    20:30 – Soundgarden
    21:40 – Evanescence
    22:00 – Machine Head
    23:00 – Gossip or Guano Apes

Saturday 2nd June:
    18:00 – Refused
    18:30 – Morning Parade
    18:40 – The Rifles
    18:50 – The Ting Tings
    19:25 – Enter Shikari
    19:40 – Tenacious D
    20:20 – Peter Doherty
    20:45 – Boyce Avenue
    20:50 – The Stranglers
    21:05 – Billy Talent
    22:20 – Keane
    23:00 – Metallica
    00:10 – The Hives, Maximo Park

Sunday 3rd June:
    18:00 – Dick Brave and the Backbeats
    18:40 – Dropkick Murphys
    19:50 – Caligola
    20:00 – MIA.

RAR2012-1.gif

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Fucking top notch. That's what I am hoping for.

Sohail Abbasi

Sohail Abbasi LP LIVE FREAK

[video=youtube;gVd2ezWFKqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVd2ezWFKqY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

enter shikari at rock am ring
    :)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It says "Linkin Park" in the picture you attached :3

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

The Enter Shikari show is streamed??? It wasn't in the schedule when I saw it last. This might make my day!
    Getting a livestream for LP at Rock am Ring would be so epic! I really hope they work this out, since it seemed to have worked for Rock in Rio. LP's RaR shows are the most memorable ones and I bet the band knows that, so even if they can't decide it themselves ( I guess it's up to Warner, right?), I hope they do their best to make it happen.
    You can get updates about the Rock am Ring livestreams and TV broadcasts by tweeting @swr3 or @dasding. They tweet in German but reply in English if you ask them something. Yesterday they replied to someone that there's no decision about a stream for LP yet.

EDIT: SWR3 just tweeted again that at this point there's no stream happening. They pointed out though, that it could change every minute. So no new info.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Okay so every fan boy/girl is going to rape (maybe bombard me is better?) me when I say this, but their NIN cover sucked and as much as I appreciate other people's opinions on this matter, I much prefer the original. The Beastie Boys cover was the only song that they have covered that rocked.

Also we all know Warner sucks big time with their streaming. Sigh. Warner depresses me at times. :alf:

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Let's hope this whole concert will be streamed. LP at Rock am Ring has always been epic. However I doubt we'll get to see anything...
    Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward to the whole RaR coverage this weekend. (Enter Shikari, Cypress Hill, Billy Talent,Die Toten Hosen and Metallica being my most anticipated acts)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

With that song in particular, I would indeed have to say that no-one does Nine Inch Nails as well as Nine Inch Nails ... except maybe The Dillinger Escape Plan. :*

Personally, I was happy with Linkin Park's cover, though.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

And Linkin Park. Hehe....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.