06/01/12: Nürburg, Germany - Rock am Ring 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

i am beyond pissed.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

we can sense the frustration in your post ;)

3. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite if you actually read what I wrote.

I'm saying that airing the stream will win fans over as well as keep existing fans interested.

These streams and free concert videos converted me into a fan that buys the albums and goes to concerts (as opposed to a casual listener who doesn't really know anything beyond In The End and Numb).

In short, blocking streams is stupid because it doesn't hinder sales. Having the music up for everyone only helps the band gain fans that will be willing to contribute to the band.

4. graveguard

graveguard Member

it's our fucking responsbility to let the band fucking know that we want that fucking show. no matter what happened! RaR shows stand for something huge! WE WANT IT! Spam facebook, spam twitter, spam everyfucking LPaccount everywhere!

They can't ignore what the fans want!

#LPRAR2012

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

You do realise illegal streaming of an event that you don't have permission to stream is a form of piracy, right?

You as a fan has how much permission from Warner or Linkin Park exactly? Lets look at Joe. He was ALLOWED to leak LGM by Mike. If Warner wants to sue Joe, he can turn around and say fuck you Warner, here is the evidence that Mike himself allowed me to leak it.

If you were Linkin Park wanting to stream your events by all means, you have every right to. But if you are not streaming for a reason, and some person in the crowd pulls out their streaming device and starts to stream it, that's illegal streaming sorry. And that is when copyright comes into play and thats when Warner will jump on you.

Also my previous post consisted of nitpicking at your meaning of a "fan".

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  6. Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

They weren't suggesting someone should illegally stream it as far as I can tell, just saying LP should allow the stream to gain more fans.

7. Gloomy Mushroom

Why do people take my nitpicking seriously? :kappa:

8. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I was just wondering what I was going to do with all my spare time and thousands of dollars! :WTF:

9. Gloomy Mushroom

:lol: @Nish. Where was that attitude last page?

10. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

It was there all along, I just needed some right timing with the jokes. :D
    Also, I understood what jessiexo was getting at and it's true - streaming a live concert over the internet is the best way for them to reel in new fans, especially considering how good they are live. But I also understand them not streaming it if they're going to release DSP's of it. Patience is key, people!

11. Gloomy Mushroom

If that be the case, various other festivals were streamed why are the fanbase getting their knickers in a knot over ONE (so far) festival not being streamed? It's not the end of the band you guys.

12. witeken

witeken Banned

Where can I find the full concert?

13. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I think it's the status quo being changed. Most of us are used to RAR being pretty much their most awesome performance. Wish, QWERTY and various other things happen that they only seem to do at RAR. It's a massive festival so they try to make it special. Most of us are probably assuming something awesome went down and our imaginations are running wild.

But I agree, it's one concert. Not anything to really bitch over. LP gives us a lot and it's noticed when the fan base feels they didn't get their way. It's funny.

Edit: And looking at the setlist, it was the same. So it's not like we missed anything. LP's fan base is pretty awesome, but sometimes we can act like spoiled you know whats lol.

14. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

When you have a band who performs live as consistently well as Linkin Park do, live concerts become about the atmosphere of the crowd as much as the actual performance. And the RaR concerts have an incredible feel about them (APFMH 2004), it just would have been nice to be part of that, even if it's online, especially with the new setlist. We'll see, we may yet get a recording of it!

15. Tihilp92

Tihilp92 Well-Known Member

Warner_Music_Group_logo.png

MTV WORLD STAGE:ROCK AM RING 2012???

16. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I agree, fuck Warner.

17. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

I'm also pretty disappointed since the Rock am Ring shows are always very special when it comes to the atmosphere & crowd. I mean, fans still talk about the 2004 show and watch that regularly, so the fact that they could give us Rock in Rio, but didn't give Rock am Ring the permission sucks big time! Fail am Ring! XD
    I just hope that they release some videos in the next days.

18. Gloomy Mushroom

You don't handle disappointing circumstances very well I take it. Wow. Extremist much? :unsure:

19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I know. Can we seriously calm down the Warner hate going on? I mean seriously, people swearing 17 times in one sentence and running a WMG logo through paint won't solve anything. Nobody even knows the real story. So we didn't eventually get three pro-shot songs from a festival set. Be patient, maybe some will emerge in the future? Who knows? Just calm down. :lol:

20. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Apparently, the crownd was super disappointing at this show, which is even more disappointing since it was Rokc Am Ring.

Quoted from LP Live:
    I feel bad for LP, but oh well. I'm not sure if I still want to see proshot of this...:/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.