LIVING THINGS - One Night Only Live Performance Coming to Movie Theaters on June 25th

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 1, 2012.

INK12Many

INK12Many Well-Known Member

On the MTM event, the one I attended only had 14 people. Awkward at first, but then host made us all sit together in a group and had a good time. Had to be the one with guts to start singing along, brother joined in and the rest followed. It was a great time.

Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

Oh no...I didn't even think about the fact that it's in a movie theatre, awkward! Maybe mine will be full since it's the only one in the state. :unsure:

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Hopefully the album will leak beforehand.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Another loss for people outside the U.S!
    I shouldn't complain really, we Aussies get June 22nd album release instead ;)

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Will be going to this :) I have a buddy who can get me in for free.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I will be going. If there is a ticket for it somewhere in Colorado, I will be going

LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Pavilions 15 in Denver, zip code 80202. Here's the list: http://www.fathomevents.com/upcoming/alllocations.aspx?eventid=1098

Anybody know (somehow someway) if they might bring this to Canada? I'll entertain the idea of driving to Buffalo for this, but before I do that...

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will show extra footage from the Living Things studio sessions like they did with the MTM release

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Hey, anyone who went to MTM one, are these events same price as normal movie ticket?

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

There will be a Special VideoStream with the Highlights of the show at June 25th on the Telekom Street Gigs Website @ 20:15 CET. The show will start June 5th @ 8PM CET I think. I don't know if there will be a LiveStream or just that VideoStream of the Highlights.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

http://loudwire.com/linkin-parks-berlin-performance-theaters-june-25/

After the performance, the footage will be edited into the special film that will air on June 25, which just so happens to be the day before Linkin Park’s ‘Living Things‘ album comes out. Perfect timing!

Although it doesn't say anything about studio footage, it definitely seems as if the live performance isn't the only aspect of this event.

INK12Many

Where I am from in CA. No it wasn't. Regular Movie tixs are $10.50
    And this event was $12.50.
    I remember at the time the MTM event was $3 more than a regular ticket.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Sweet, there's one about a half hour drive from me. Definitely checking it out.

LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Do you happen to somehow remember if the Minutes to Midnight event was offered in Canada back in 2007? I don't think it was because I didn't even know about it, and it's not often I totally miss LP news...obviously I would like this one to come to Canada...I get the reasoning and not wanting to release it everywhere when they're not even sure of success, what with 2007 shows having 14 viewers at some, and that's why it's only participating theaters in America...but I'm still kinda sick of America pretending we're on a different planet...

P.S. Go Kings

INK12Many

I vaguely remember reading some posts back in '07 where there wasn't any in Canada. I was more involved in the forums on LPU back in '07 before I lurked more here at LPA so I can't be sure. But I do remember many being bummed about certain areas not having a screening. The low count could be a reasoning for this, why they only have it US. I am positive this would get more viewers outside of the US, I'm sure of it.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Is this event really worth it?

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Can't know for sure. In hindsight, the 2007 one definitely was. Studio footage that was never shown anywhere again.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I love how they've improved the theater selection for this. Back in 2003 I remember the nearest theater was an hour and a half away. I wonder why my closest regal theater isn't doing it though.

*crossing fingers for this again*

INK12Many

I guess it all depends on what you want from it.
    Do you want to see the show on a big screen? Maybe the extra footage perhaps? Or it could be the crowd in the theatre that have as much excitement as you do? For me that was my answer for the 2007 one. Literally the only other person I know that has this much excited & fan for LP is my brother. So when I got the chance to be with a group that has this much or at least more than your average listener was something I enjoyed that day. Sure it was only 14 in my screener but that was enough to have a good time after everyone felt comfortable as the film progressed. It was there where I found out 3 people went to the same show I attended. And one other who was going to another show in the future. Kept in touch with them after, until the social networking change from MySpace to Facebook. Lol
    Anyways, it just depends on what you want from this. I'll enjoy knowing if some of the same people show up and see how we are since '07. You could try and ask how well the tickets are selling to give you a hint in how many will attend the show nearest you?

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I'd definitely say it is.