06/03/2012 - Nuremberg, Germany - Rock im Park 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Scofield_

Scofield_ Member

Not only Chester should drink a bottle of whisky, all the 6 should do It. I'm just imagining the scenario, and It would be pretty fun. :p

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I was slightly worried by the reaction they got at RaR but then again, all other concerts seemed to go off, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just say that RaR had a bad year :p Weren't they playing sometime after midnight anyway? Could easily put it down to the crowd being tired. The proshot video I posted in the actual RaR thread showed the crowd a bit more enthusiastic than the phone video. I just hope the band gets crowds that match their own enthusiasm in the coming shows!

superdupercop

superdupercop Member

In terms of live performances....Live In Texas, Milton Keynes, and RaR 2004. Now that's where it's at. Those were unbelievable. I think it has to do more with the diluted tone of the guitars....they're using amp modules to emulate their guitar tones at this point, just because they've used hundreds of different tones from different settings on different amps run through different settings, and can't have them all on stage. So the "power" behind LP's old crowd energizing guitars have been watered down and the energy isnt there anymore.....and I think the guitar work of old LP songs are what really define that big sound. And of course, they're not using, or ever are going to use that same tone, so I doubt LP shows will get any better than this from here on out. At this point, Linkin Park isn't an act that anyone can listen to, they can't just go anywhere and play to anyone anymore. People have to have an ear for them.

Not to mention, Mike is more classy than gangster now, singing and behind a keyboard more than rapping, and Brad isn't jumping around as much, and Joe isn't going completely crazy like he used to, etc.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

We shouldn't worry so much. Linkin Park still get paid :p

I agree with whoever was talking about the guitar tones though. Man, it's sad to hear them these days.

Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

See this BIG fan here!

*sarcasm off*

Have more trust in this band. It's just one bad concert (with a very bad crowd). Do you didn't see Burn It Down Live at the TV Total Autoball? Didn't you see the interaction at Rock In Rio? Man, they're just rocking at all.

And here's one question for everyone who saw them at RaR:
    Would you make so much action if the crowd's bored before they heard your music? It's surely depressing to see this guys in the audience...

Cure4thItch

How does what I said imply that I'm not a 'big fan'. Who are you people?! And why does this bother me so much!?!?
    I was number 1 fan before being number 1 fan was cool, mannnnn.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

I have to agree with this. I mean, for example, the APFMH performance: They extended the bridge, Chester kept repeating it, like he wanted the crowd to react, so it looks like to me the band was trying to get some energy back, they were trying to interact. You don't have to talk directly to the crowd to be considered as interaction. There are plenty of ways of doing so.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

Why do you have such negative attitudes toward the band?
    "It's sad to hear them these days"
    You let yourself pull down from these bad feedbacks. You believe in them, for no reasons.
    That's the point.

You don't have to be a number one fan, but as a fan, you should have appreciation toward the band...

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

What now is there a live stream of Rock im Park. YES OR NOT

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I think people need to calm the hell down.

Zay

Zay Active Member

There is generally no live stream or tv coverage of Rock im Park.

Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a proposal tonight? I want to see this!

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

About the instagram pic, if I was that girl... I'd DEFINITELY say yes too :lol:, Linkin Park show, being on stage? What a guy. Wishing the best for them!!

Cure4thItch

I love the band. I love their music. HOWEVER as a musician, I can appreciate the technical aspects of their work/performances and hold some level of nostalgia over their previous guitar tones.
    I flew across Australia to see the band play more than once, I think I'm well within my rights to talk about this kind of stuff.

Caniba

Caniba Well-Known Member

i am uploading Lies Greed Misery at the moment.

Caniba

Caniba Well-Known Member

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Geki

Geki >.

LP needs to turn up the guitars at their shows like in 2007, that was awesome. LP uses way too much electronics now, that's why they sound the way they do live now. Everyone seems to absolutely love the fact that the band is electronic now, so why are so many people complaining about the live sound? Any time I say that MTM is my favorite album and I love rock music, people tell me ATS is way better. But then they complain that the show isn't as energetic and heavy. Wtf?

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

You can still think ATS is better but also know that their live shows and sound aren't, arguably, as energetic or heavy. They're two separate things. I'm not disagreeing with you completely, I also think that their guitars need to be cranked the fuck up some more. But it looks like energy-wise, they've improved greatly from ATS. This set is killer, and in discussions about Living Things, they've said before that they wanted to write songs that would be fun to play live, and wouldn't bring the energy down during a show. BID and LGM are both pretty good live songs.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Be funny if the guy was oooglay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.