06/05/2012 - Berlin, Germany - Admiralspalast Theater

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 4, 2012.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tomorrow Linkin Park will be playing the Admiralspalast Theater in Berlin, Germany as part of Telekom Street Gigs that will be filmed live to be shown on select cinema screens across the US for one night only on June 25th. The intimate show had limited ticket availability and was mainly available to LPU members only. This will be the band's first time back in Berlin since October 20th, 2010 where they played the O2 World as part of the A Thousand Suns World Tour. This marks Linkin Park's fourth consecutive performance in Germany on this International Tour cycle with their latest at Nuremberg, Germany Rock im Park on June 3rd, 2012.

Linkin Park kept up with the same setlist at Rock im Park, however one notable highlight was a marriage proposal on stage during Bleed t Out and Sabotage between two fans. A great moment and we wish them nothing but the best in the future! As this isn't a festival date we could see a change in setlist for this show, with Linkin Park playing something more accustomed to what we saw at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA on May 18th. The premise of this show is similar to that of the Minutes to Midnight Promo Show which took place on May 11th, 2007 at Webster Hall, NY. The Webster Hall show was also filmed and was streamed on AOL.com and broadcast nationwide in US theaters on May 14th. You can watch the full Webster Hall show via YouTube below.

[youtube]eI_kfH7cfBo[/youtube]

What they'll play is pure speculation at this point but chances are it could be a shorter performance than what we have seen at the festival shows and the setlist could be changed to reflect this. Even though the concert is being filmed for the promotion of LIVING THINGS, it's not very likely that we'll see more tracks from the album than what we already have. However, this will be the first performance of LIES GREED MISERY out of a festival setting if they choose to play it so expect a great crowd for that one. Overall it should be an awesome show, the intimate venues always are and it will be a great experience for any fan attending.

Once Linkin Park finish this show they will head to Bucharest, Romania to play an Arena show at the Romexpo the next day on June 6th which will be followed by another festival date in Nickelsdorf, Austria at Nova Rock Festival on June 8th. You can view all Linkin Park tour dates and details in our LPA Tour Section.

SETLIST:

01. Tinfoil
    02. Faint
    03. Papercut
    04. With You
    05. Runaway
    06. Given Up
    07. Blackout
    08. Somewhere I Belong
    09. New Divide
    10. LIES GREED MISERY
    11. Points of Authority
    12. Waiting for the End
    13. Breaking the Habit
    14. Leave Out All the Rest / Shadow of the Day / Iridescent
    15. The Catalyst
    16. What I've Done
    17. Crawling
    18. One Step Closer
    -------------------------------
    19. BURN IT DOWN
    20. In the End
    21. Numb
    22. Bleed It Out​

Are you heading to the Admiralspalast to see Linkin Park? Feel free to send us your updates and pictures to @LPAssociation! Also, you can let us know if you're going and discuss the show in our Forums.

HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

That's Great :)
    Did anyone film the proposal? And how did they get the permision to?

LizziCloverman

LizziCloverman The one that ruins any sausageparty

I'm going! I'll have my second battery for my phone with me so i can keep you guys updated! :)

LizziCloverman

could be that he asked adam or something. just guessin'

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Good preparation! :D haha

Also, cause this is being used for the Living Things movie event, is there a possibility of more new material being played? I know it's not likely but wouldn't be much of a stretch to imagine that they might preview some new material.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I hope they prepared a new setlist for this show... then that would be awesome..

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't get it... This concert will be played in cinemas on June 25th, right? Would that mean they are going to play more new songs? Or maybe just the ones played at the HoB show...

calessi

calessi Beat My Drum

i suppose we dont get the film in europe because we get the album a day earlier than america we have release date still on official site for the 25th america still 26th but australia is showing up as 22nd is that correct?

calessi

calessi Beat My Drum

anybody any earlier?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Why should it be a shorter show?
    It starts at 8pm and ends 9:45pm. Nothing shortened at all.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

:nowherenearberlin:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Hmmm. Let's hope at least all of the LT songs that have already been played live in some form or another.

Tinfoil (Intro)
    Until it Breaks (Waiting for the End Apache Intro)
    Burn it Down
    Lies Greed Misery

To be honest filming it as a LIVING THINGS concert doesn't make much sense when most songs are HT and MT and there's only 2 LT songs.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It might not be, I never said it definitely would be. When Linkin Park played Webster Hall it was slightly shorter than what they would play at an arena show. Also, going by past Telekom Street Gig events, Jupiter Jones played a much shorter set than what they play at arena events. I was merely pointing out that there's a possibility it could be. It may be a full set for all I know, I was just trying to cover every possibility.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

This will be on my birthday, wish I could be there! Everyone who's going, have fun :)

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

How about WALL OF NOISE outro? was it a B-SIDE for LT?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You know our twitter handle right? Send us an @reply now and we'll follow you so you can DM us the setlist...in the small possibility it's different than it has been :).

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Like I posted in this thread:
    There will be a Special VideoStream with the Highlights of the show on 25 June @ the Telekom Street Gigs Website @ 20:15 CET. The show will start June 5th @ 8PM CET I think. I don't know if there will be a LiveStream or just that VideoStream of the Highlights.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Hope lost in the echo get play

LizziCloverman

ok done. i'll do my best to get you as much information as possible.I'll sacrifice myself for you, i'll might have to flirt with the securities. HELL YEA! xD

wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

Will be there too. I hope for a full set. Very excited :)