LIES GREED MISERY: Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    gustina05

gustina05 Well-Known Member

I have to say... the video doesn't have to be awesome, its just for the lyrics, with the same design as the BID lyric video... yes , Gust video its great, and he gave the lyrics a lot more "weight" and protagonism, I really like it. but I think maybe...LP wasn't thinking that this had to be a great thing,just wanted to add some stuff for us, so we can see a little of the artwork before the album is out..and in the album, we are not getting figures in 360°. so, whats better to have an entire song to appreciate every detail of this? I think its fun trying to figure out if its a person exploding, or becoming a tiger or a lion or whatever, and WTF were they thinking when they created this haha.
    just my thoughts. great computer art.

Spaedin

Spaedin Well-Known Member

Yep. :ditto:

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

i sense this song to be the next single..i mean its getting alot of hype...if it isnt the next single, it could end up atleast charting lol

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

It's most definitely a person with outer layers stripping (see: exploding) away from them. When the video starts, the person has their back towards the screen - you can even see fingers at the end of the arm on the right side.

stringsibanez

stringsibanez ...

If you look closely at the "head" portion of the 3D figure, it appears to be a white tiger... or in the very least, it has the fangs and snout portion.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

yeah, another thing, when Wretches and Kings was released, there was never a lyric video for that song. for LGM, and promotion, and reviews saying it is one of the best songs, I'd be shocked if it wasn't a single

Delta Epsilon

Delta Epsilon Active Member

Well that's very grown-up. If you don't agree with someone, there's probably a better way to dispute their point of view instead of instantly dismissing it as 'complaining'.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes. I think the right response is to point out that it's simply not a big deal :*

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

A lot of people wonders what it represents. Nobody sees the face of some abstract animal on the top part of the figure, with eyes-nose and sharp teeth?
    The top green led light is placed over what the eye is supposed to be.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I sure hope it's a single, I'm getting tired of hearing shitty pop songs about how I'm supposed to "throw dem hands in da air" every time I turn the radio on! Give the mainstream a kick in the face with some screaming Chester :cocainefan: lol

Also, after watching it on full screen, I think this is what it would look like if one of the band members (I'm gonna go with Phoenix here)broke out of a statue of a lion. Cause I can swear I see a lions head at the top of the body, plus the exploding bits, plus the person underneath with his arms out. Seems legit.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

How to Explode a Tiger with a LIE: BURN IT DOWN, SWALLOW A GREED AND SUFFER ALONE. It's done. A Tiger will show you how to break points sounds, after all, you did it to yourself.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

After watching both versions of the lyric videos, I'm going to go with the fan made one. With the "official" one, you don't get the energy of the song.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So I was half right with the "No-Know" deal... Anyways.

Onto the whole "this video is "meh"" issue. I think the biggest thing that this video was trying to convey was not only the official lyrics, but also, showcasing more of the album art. I'm a big fan of the album art so far and seeing the new image here is really exciting for me. I have more of a look at how the artwork may play out now.

Onto some random thoughts on the artwork:

The one thing that is sticking with me is during the Scavenger hunt, the clue that led us to Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo said "This is where living things come to life." What I notice here, like others have pointed out, the "plaster" this time is of a Lion/Tiger. On the inside, was the glowing signs of a person looking less like a sculpture and more like a living thing.

Perhaps the deconstruction of the "plaster" is a metaphor of the daily facade that we put on every day to fool others into thinking that we are something we are not... Thus, shedding this facade, we show our true selves.

Linkin Park has said in the past that they felt more "themselves" and "comfortable" with writing this record. Maybe this was meant to mirror that?

The video brings a lot more questions to the album artwork rather than a deeper meaning to what LIES GREED MISERY means. I don't think that was the intention of the video. Just like the lyric video to BURN IT DOWN, the video was intended for two things; The official lyrics and artwork. Albeit, the artwork for BURN IT DOWN was for the EP/Single. Nothing more than that.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
    Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Gust's version kills this.

Venom

Venom Member

I may be fighting with major mental challenges, but I was firmly convinced, that the line "I would rather live and let be" was actually "I would rather live in Land B". God, I'm stupid :D On the lyric video, I'd say it's alright. It's a good image, the rotating really brings out the details, which is great, but I didn't go crazy for the video. I really do hope LIES GREED MISERY is not one of the best songs on the album, because I still don't really like it. 20 days and we'll see.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I hadn't actually detailed the figure on the screen as I was paying more attention to the lyrics, and wow it's very interesting, also the body has a language itself, like some energy is pouring out of it (and suffering the transformation, seeing the lion's face on the top).

That on a 3D sculpture, would be an excellent work of art.

It's safe to assume that we could get a different "figure" for every member of the band as all of them were body scanned, after seeing them on the LPTV episode, I hope the booklet is badass.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

As said by Rolling Stone, "Metallica fans LOVE to complain."

And I'm a little perplexed. Some "old LP" fans hate it, some believe it's a return to the old rootz. And I was really befuddled when I saw this comment while watching the Burn It Down video:

"METEORA IS BACK!"

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Guys, its just a lyric video. ;)

Does anyone remember the WFTE lyric video released before ATS? That wasn't "spectacular".............

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Gust his lyric video is waaaay better. It does more justice to the energy of the song while still being a lyric video. Although the 3d model they used now looks cool (is that a tiger head?). I wonder who's model they used for this...

If Minus would read this, oooh boy..

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This video is pretty cool, but Gust did an amazing job on his one! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.