LIVING THINGS RELEASE DAY CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by 3DU4RDO, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

Mike just posted in his website... http://mikeshinoda.com/2012/06/06/living-things-release-day-challenge/

lp-lt-release-day-challenge.jpg

Imagine opening your birthday presents by yourself, alone. Imagine having no one to look in the eye, sharing the excitement of each new thing.

Now imagine opening those presents, surrounded by the people you love. There’s something better about sharing an exciting moment with other people.

Growing up, when one of my favorite bands released a new album, it was an event. I used to leave school at lunchtime with my friends to drive to the store and buy it. We would rip open the packages and put one in, and listen to it together, eating lunch in the car. We would shout over the music, rewind our favorite parts, play songs over. It recently occurred to me how sad it is that so much of that experience has been lost. Albums leak, release dates are spread out over the course of weeks, and often, people hear an album alone, on pathetic computer speakers. True, they tweet, text, and chat about it, but the magic isn’t as magical.

Our new album LIVING THINGS comes out in the US on June 26. It hits the shelves in a number of other countries on June 22. And it’s no secret that the album will likely leak a week or two prior. We want to issue a challenge to our fans: make the LIVING THINGS release date a special event for yourself.

When the album leaks, ignore it.

You’ll only have to wait a few days. Then, at midnight of the release date in your country, listen to the album from front to back. If you can, listen to it with friends. Have a party. Drive somewhere. Enjoy yourself. If you decide to download the album leak rather than purchase the album, fine. This challenge still applies to you. This is not about downloading, it’s about deciding to have more fun.

However you get the album, document the day. Take photos of you buying the album and putting the CD in your car, downloading it and listening to it on your iPod, streaming it and playing it on your stereo. Tweet your photos to us @linkinpark with the hashtag #LIVINGTHINGSRELEASEDAY. We’ll retweet our favorites.

We want LIVING THINGS release day to be as special for you as it will be for us. Challenge yourself to hold out, and we’ll all share in the excitement together. For the record, I’ll be celebrating on the 26th, so if you want to celebrate with me, come find me on Twitter.

@m_shinoda

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I'm too weak to accept this challenge. As soon as the leak hits I'm on that shit like fly.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Totally not gonna do it. However, I am gonna ride around town with the windows rolled down and my ATS shirt on as soon it leaks.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Yeah

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

I think it's a cool idea...

But something is confusing me... What happened to the iTunes stream one week before (June 19th) ?? Is that going to happen or not?

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

As I said on LPL, I've pre-ordered my copy of the album. They have my full support and money already, if the album leaks in decent quality, I'm not going to feel bad about downloading it.

However, I'm right there with Mike as far as the "experience with friends" thing goes. I was just thinking about this a few weeks ago. I'm disappointed I didn't get to listen to A Thousand Suns with anyone else for the first time, because it was such an experience. This time, when I first get my hands on the album, whether that's from a leak or the pre-order, I'm going to get a couple friends together before I listen to it.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Challenge accepted.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Basically this lol

[​IMG]

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

This will be the hardest thing ever, I know I'll end up giving in. But it's worth a shot!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Yeah, me too... Hearing ATS for the first time was a beautiful experience and I was sad because I didn't have anybody to listen to it with. "Happiness is real when shared."

Sadly, LT won't be any different, because none of my friends care about LP like I do... :foreveralone:

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

When I purchase a new album, I don't want my asshole friends trying to speak over my music and talk to me.

I purposely listen to a new album alone in my car or on my iPod the first time. After I got a chance to listen to it on my own, THEN I'll worry about listening to it with my friends and family.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

PFFT, A week or two before release leak? WAITING 2 weeks for release. PFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Well thisll be challenging but I'll give it a shot

Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

Challenge Accepted!
    It's gonna be the hardest task I've ever done, I'm gonna have to lock my self in a room where there's no internet access, because I will be very tempted to listen to at least one song!

EDIT: I all ready planned this like a week ago as well :p

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I will download it when it will leak, because I don't have money to buy it. And I will listen it alone because none of my friends like LP, they don't even like Rock music.

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

MUST...FIGHT...PATIENCE! I've already pre-ordered the album!

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I will listen to it alone, because I don't want my friends to be all shouting "this music sucks, let's have a drink instead!!!" during the whole thing :lol:

But I will maybe try to listen to it for the first time when the sun rises... Freaking weird I know, but I would definitely like the atmosphere/vibe of that ahah

At the end of the day, not sure if I'll resist when it leaks anyway.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Haha.

Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Me when it leaks

backpain-1292835351.jpg

But seriously

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'll wait as I always do for the hardcopy and ignore leaks. I'm going in line for the CD and blasting it on my friends open top Jeep the whole album through while driving around aimlessly. Going to be so boss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.