LIVING THINGS Release Day Challenge.

Discussion in 'News' started by JJ, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I'm sure I will and same to you.

Nice sig also, it's always nice to see another Rasmus fan on the forums.

2. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

For those that don't know this yet, Mike answered many questions on the comments section of his blog.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2012/06/06/living-things-release-day-challenge/

Some great comments from Mike include "It’s not about downloading, it’s about waiting. Just wait to smoke your crack. Or whatever" and in response to a certain fan that has nothing better to do than complain about LP every album cycle, "You’re silly."

3. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I didn't read that message he sent after the leak of Minutes to Midnight...what did he say?

4. Nathanleedavies94

Nathanleedavies94 Well-Known Member

This challenge is going to be so tough!! 18 more days!! xD

5. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Indeed!! :D

6. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

He said that they put so much effort into the album and they way that it is presented (artwork and all) that he'd rather people wait until it is released to hear it, but if they're gonna listen to the leak, they should at least listen to it in the right order.

I remember him posting that on LP.com

Some chick got mad and said that he's just telling everyone to buy the album. Then Mike pwned the shit out of her. It was rad. I hope there's an archive of it somewhere.

7. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

I think I'll get it from the US ~2 weeks after the release. I thought about it. And I'll just buy it a second time on Amazon, so I get my CD on June 22 or even a day earlier. I won't listen to a leak. I don't know anybody who is a big Linkin Park Fan like me (in real life). So I'll just listen to it alone in my room as I always do. Many times. With the booklet in my hands. ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  8. (BG)

(BG) Well-Known Member

I think he said that the best would be if we could watch the making of MTM too, cause its much more than a new album, you have to understand that why and how its made

9. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Ah ok...thanks for the info. I'd like to read that girl's comment and Mike's response but I probably never will...nothing wrong with Mike saying "at least listen to it in order", that isn't hard, just play your leaked files in order...how she construed that as "just telling people to buy it" is garbage...

Side note, I have lpassociation.com favourited but my browser still needs a few letters before it suggests it and saves me from typing the rest, and now it's become second nature for me to type 'lpass' and it's after the second 's' that my browser brings it up...I wonder if the admins here might take offense to that...I don't mean any lol

10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It happened the EXACT same thing to me :lol: but with the constant repetition on my chrome (I don't have LPA on favorites) I only have to type "LP", give it some time, your browser will get it.

If somehow Chrome brought back the ability to pin pages on the home tab, I would put LPA there but it doesn't work anymore (I accidentally removed two favorite sites and never figured out how to pin them back on)

11. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

No can do Mike. Sorry :lol:

12. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

+1

13. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I'm in between of acting like I haven't listened to the leak when I really have or being a complete patient turd and rub it into everyone's faces that I have listened to the leak when I really haven't. :lol:

14. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

So how'd you like the bridge in "Lost in the Echo"? That part where Chester slides from that harmonious melody to shrieking and then back again was really mesmerizing, wasn't it? And that riff, goddamn.

15. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

:facepalm: It wasn't even a try.

16. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Actually, maybe I will, seeing i paid extra for the LPU membership and shipping (37 pound in total.) I'll be buying a LIVING THINGS T-Shirt today for another 25 pound... LP have enough of my money, imma listen to the leak, sorry guys.

17. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Well... That is not really the point. But if you think so...

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Coming out on June 22 in my country... so happy! :shankyshank:

19. witeken

witeken Banned

And do you know why you need to listen in right order? I give you one example: At the end of LOATR you can hear an pre-song intro to bleed it out. But it is removed on the single of LOATR.

20. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

Aww, I feel so happy for Spraypaint. He finally got the response he deserved.