LIVING THINGS: Song Descriptions So Far

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ree, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I'll update this when I get the chance. Been pretty busy. If anyone wants to post the descriptions in here then that would be helpful because I can just edit them in to the OP. It doesn't let me watch the MTV First interview so I can't add that in. :/

2. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So excited about Victimized!!

3. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I used google translate to translate the article. Hard to read :lol:
    "Living Things" first appeared a new Linkin M discarded, VMAJ appearance and tied up the world's fastest, but will be released in Japan on June 20, it is a large power-up shout transcendence of Chester!Speaking of Linkin Park, it is also a mixture lock guru beyond the genre, such as heavy rock and hip-hop, nu-metal is of course, attractive voice of Chester Kankyu It'll work either choice. Force of the scream / shout is not there is something particularly extraordinary, so you can enjoy smoked in a new Gattsuri is this shout!Although I hear the scream, etc. "Black Out" in the previous work, this time not Soredokoro ~Tsu! That song is "Tea placer Vic" the seventh track. When I heard for the first time, in good song Katcho was tempted to put the guts pose involuntarily, yet the amount loud voice called "the largest in the song of Linkin Park's" Until now Chester itself, overwhelming the number of times Scream! Whopping 17 times that number smoked in! ! ! ! ! !There was also Atekushi also be interviewed when I was allowed to interview this is the audition the next day, that I went to audition again to count the number of meeting this shout actually. In situ, can have uncle of journalist famous Italian can bust a dance in the meeting audition, while listening on headphones a new Linkin, like the fist one "and Linkin Park!" To music with large even on this day but It would have been overwhelmed by the crazy or to enjoy alone, or with the air Catering scratch, (sweat) ... did I forgot to count the number of security placer completely Scream of Vic... So, you know the number of times this scream, in charge of Linkin, we have again to Jukucho Michi-to counted. Thank you! ! ! !It is this secret that ... obviously this scream from an unexpected question, in an interview is not that popular Meme "nose of Chester (Chester's Nose)" was the material and the Internet that big nose of Chester in the neighborhood, and occasionally I also have something to neta microphone, it was after I asked the person with respect to muster the courage to neta "nose", after the end of the question of a street.姐 D "that the nose of Chester, Do you mind if I ask?""I say." Chester姐 D "is not completely neta has become, How is it yourself?"Chester "I think very interesting! (Laughs)"姐 D "I started to say Mike (Shinoda)?"Your number one says Hmm ... I wonder who Chester ", the beginning might be me. It is an accident. In other words, Let 's laugh to gag masochistic the shortcomings of the look did not like his own to say maybe. Be interesting? will. 's why I think it was like that. though, if you do not have this huge nose to me, such as voice did not publish now? ""I see!" 姐 DI think that most sinus and then we will all have to thank the many parents and Chester ", about the nose ... this is my voice. 'S it is thanks to this nose, too.I forgot I was when I was joking with anyone anyway, the hole in the nose of this I'm not'll get started with two fingers Out of my way "And "was the secret of the charm of voice is what I like instrument. Did not notice the nose. Certainly." 姐 DAnd Chester "It 's fun also to communicate with fans something Twitter as social media. For example, the official site of Linkin Park on the other hand be telling to lay out the facts of the band, a personal account on Twitter my' s in (@ chesterBe), writing or copper nose "of Chester" or "! find the culprit. someone" was a dark fart, comment on the social situation seriously "Sometimes I was, so I sat on top of the ball yourself. Te pain also" is I or you also. It got closer to the realistic feel such a thing, I'm over that character independently of Chester nose. What I'm not made the account "@ ChestersNose" So I'm on twitter also. (On the nose of Chester is the way some people 7,000 followers ※) "... Was that. I myself, did we first big nose of Chester so What? A mouth I thought, Chester is so small anyway face, your own is not so maybe they think so unnecessarily.

4. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Working on this now. I'll add it to this post once I have it all together

Edit:

IN MY REMAINS

antiMusic: A big, semi-orchestral ballad.

Chester (MTV First): This song took a long time to finish too. It started off as this really simple song, and it came together quickly, but its progression froze for a while. It turned out to be this rocking, four-to-the-floor track with a big payoff.

CASTLE OF GLASS

Mike (MTV First): My vocal performance on the first part of that song...pretty much almost everything you hear in the beginning of that song was the very first demo.

UNTIL IT BREAKS

antiMusic: Perhaps the album's biggest surprise. Begins with a dub-y, raggae beat, and then ends with a choir-y outro.

Mike (MTV First): Until It Breaks is built just from pieces of scrapped demos. We basically packed those end to end to end; there were like 4 different demos that weren't going anywhere individually, but when you put them all together it made something really interesting. It's supposed to feel really jarring and weird, and for me it was a really fun song to make.

POWERLESS

Chester (Rock In Rio): The only slow song; a beautiful song.

Mike (MTV First): Took the longest to write. It was a really old demo, TINFOIL is the intro of it, and it turned into this epic 6 minute long thing, but it was kind of boring. It was too long, so months later we chopped it down to size. It probably took 9 months or even a year before the song was actually done. The last day of recording, we were still working on that song. Rob came in and recorded a new idea, and it made it way better.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Updated with everything in this quote. Thanks Xero!

7. HY8R1DTH30RY

HY8R1DTH30RY Member

Why'd you do this to us now we can't wait!

8. Ree

Thanks, Xero! You're awesome.

WTF @ that Japanese article translation. :dafuq:

9. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

LOL 姐 means 'sister' in Chinese so Chester姐 would be........

10. Delicious Dave

I know right? :lol: Biggest what the fuck for me was

''I'm over that character independently of Chester nose. What I'm not made the account "@ ChestersNose" So I'm on twitter also. (On the nose of Chester is the way some people 7,000 followers ※) "... Was that. I myself, did we first big nose of Chester so What? A mouth I thought, Chester is so small anyway face, your own is not so maybe they think so unnecessarily.'' ahahahaahahaa :lol: my god

11. Ree

^ Lmao, I lol'd so hard at that part, hahaha

Can someone translate that translation? :leo:

12. Delicious Dave

LMAO :lol: yes please do :)

13. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Does any one else get a From The Inside vibe from In My Remains? IMR has been both described as a "semi-orchestral ballad" and a "heavy rocker" along with multiple sources saying it has a big build up, that is how I would describe FTI.

14. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

"I'm over that character independently of Chester nose. What I'm not made the account "@ ChestersNose" So I'm on twitter also. (On the nose of Chester is the way some people 7,000 followers ※) "... Was that. I myself, did we first big nose of Chester so What? A mouth I thought, Chester is so small anyway face, your own is not so maybe they think so unnecessarily."

I can translate it to Covenant Elite language.

"Blarg blarg blargy blargently bleek blarg Blester blarg. Blarg honky blarg blarcount "@Chestersnose" blargy blarg. (Blargy blose blarg Blester blargy blarg blargenblaouzand) blarg blarg. Blarg blargy blarg blat? Blarg blarg, Blester blarg blarg blargy blarg blarg chicka honk honk."

I had to spend seven hours to translate that.:kappa:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  15. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I get a deadmau5-y vibe from the start of it.

16. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

My post was from before the snippets were leaked, I actually get more of a The Raid vibe from it based on the snippet.

17. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[​IMG]

18. -NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

Guys, I translated a new review of Living Things with short song descriptions. Highlights : Victimized is electro (?!!!), Skin to Bone is the most original song and the ballads aren't so great.
    source (French TV M6) : http://www.m6.fr/m6music/news-m6mus...c_linkin_park_et_review_de_living_things.html

Translation :

Lost in the Echo : Big intro song. Mike Shinoda has a lot of presence. The atmosphere is electro !
    In My Remains : A new electro song. Very lowd and melodic. The chorus is heady !
    Burn It Down : 1st single, between new wave, rock, metal and electro.
    Lies Greed Misery : Another electro song, sometimes it sounds like Skrillex.
    I'll be Gone : The album slows down a bit with this song, it’s more mid-tempo and totally epic.
    Castle of Glass : A song in the tradition of A Thousand Suns.
    Victimized : A very electro and up-tempo song. The most violent of the album.
    Roads Untraveled : a nice piano ballad.
    Skin to Bone : An epic song, with an almost 80’s chorus. It sounds like cartoons from the 80’s. Original.
    Until it Breaks : A compex and dense song. There is some dub and then hip hop elements. There is a lot of changes in the rythme and climat. It's A UFO !
    Tinfoil : A calm and electro instrumental. It’s the « Powerless » intro.
    Powerless : A power ballad in the pure tradition of Linkin Park. It’s an ideal song to conclude the album.

Most of the album take less risk than the previous A Thousand Suns. Linkin Park is more conventional, but with a lot of electro.
    Big guitars and melodic chorus from the first albums are here but the band knows how to stay audacious, even surprising (« Lies Greed Misery » or the indefinable « Until it Breaks »).
    Fans won’t be disapointed, newbies will find a good mix between old and new Linkin Park. A little disappointment : ballads aren’t as good as « Shadow of the Day » and « Leave out all the Rest ».

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  19. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm starting to wonder if the author knows what "electro" means.

Thanks NodA!

20. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think it's less the author and more the translator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.