Potential First Previews of LOST IN THE ECHO, IN MY REMAINS and I'LL BE GONE

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I love these snippets, even after a few listens.

I realize you can't judge the entire song by 30 seconds (not to mention the absence of vocals), but knowing the chord progression is definitely a good indicator of how the song will go. Linkin Park typically always opens up with the chorus riff, so what we're hearing will likely be playing behind the vocals in the chorus. There's so much energy here. I love Lost in the Echo for its epic feel, and I'll Be Gone sounds absolutely beautiful. The one that took me a few listens to get on board with was In My Remains, but I can hear a lot more depth to this now that I'm home on my own computer, so I'm liking that one too.

Just give me this album please. kthxbai

2. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Am I in the twilight zone here?...are people seriously saying they like or don't like these songs based on 30 seconds of the opening where there's no vocals apart from 1 second at the end of I'll be Gone?...

Dude! seriously! It isn't even possible to judge a song based off of this. If you don't like what you're hearing of I'll be Gone, don't worry!

3. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

You realize that they're judging the snippets not the songs right?

4. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Yea I do, but what is there to judge? Instrumentals in the first 30 seconds? There's no chorus, no vocals, plus even instrumentals change throughout a song often. I don't see anything to judge, thus my confusion, and it's one thing to say "Oh I like (or don't like) the instrumental work here" but many people are making it sound like based off of these obscure snippets that they already do or don't like the song. It's not everybody though.

5. PaFJ

PaFJ Member

LOVE THEM ALL ! OMG CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE ALBUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

6. nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

I'll Be Gone sounds pretty cool. I think the little we've heard of Powerless is still my favorite though.

7. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

I'm really digging these snippets, especially IMR. Can't wait for the album.

8. Idk what to say...

9. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

Well looks like no leak coming today...I knew it though..I don't think it will leak until Monday...NEED to hear the full LITE

10. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

And when it leaks, I'll be gone...

...(no song-reference-pun intended, I swear...I just don't want to read people's reactions to full songs...going in fresh!)

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Monday is one day before the first release day, so I think it will leak before then.

12. PaFJ

PaFJ Member

I think Living Things will be sth like 'Dope Stars Inc."! Does any one know this band? Just listen to first 30 sec of 'We Are The New Ones" from this band, its somehow like Lost In the Echo.

13. jsantoslive

jsantoslive Well-Known Member

I hope so but idk...how many days before ATS first release in Australia did it leak? Pretty sure it leaked on the 7th and came out on the 8th in Australia so...

I still think it could leak late tonight or tomorrow just by the snippets bc I believe whoever leaked those has the album..bc if they came from amazon it seems like all the snippets would have leaked

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  14. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I find it interesting that LP felt they "went bonkers" with the electronics in ATS

AND THEN THERE'S THESE.

I'm not complaining though. I love the electronic side to LP. It's interesting that it's taking such an upbeat sound on this album.

EDIT: Why do I feel like this sound makes logical sense coming after Breaking The Habit?

EDIT: EDIT: Also... I feel like this is like LP collided with Lights/Crystal Castles. Which is a good thing. A very good thing.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  15. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

Torn to click or not... i might read everyone's comments to hold me over

16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

These snippets are no longer available through the links included in the original post due to copyright violation.

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Maybe it's just the incredibly bad quality of these snippets, but is it just me or does this album seem to have a very raw sound to it...almost kinda like the EP? Not as shiny as Hybrid Theory and Meteora's mixing?

18. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I think LGM agrees what you said. I've always felt that way listening to LGM.

19. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The "shiny" of HT and Meteora can be attributed to Don Gilmore.

20. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So examining the toolbox, I am seeing this album to be:

ATS' Atmosphere and Electronics
    MTM's Organic Sound
    Hybrid Theory's Energy and Guitars
    Reanimation's Creativity

Am I right? :awesome: