Potential First Previews of LOST IN THE ECHO, IN MY REMAINS and I'LL BE GONE

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Nguyen Dinh Duong

Nguyen Dinh Duong Member

Justin bieber with heavy guitar :trollface:

2. Geki

Geki >.

Well, IMO ...

LOST IN THE ECHO - Sounds like heavy guitars and a fast melody.
    IN MY REMAINS - Sounds very moody and atmospheric, it also sounds really dark, like the end of the world or something.
    I'LL BE GONE - Sounds emotional and moody, not sure how to describe it.

3. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Brilliance

I had them downloaded, heard them, then deleted them, and now I'm glad they're taken down so I'm not tempted to get them again :)

In Soviet Russia, websites surf you....(I know this is way unoriginal now but I still never get tired of these lines...comes with the territory as a hockey fan...)

I really don't agree that Meteora has shitty lyrics at all...but I'm sure I'm of the minority of that on these boards

I know for sure what you guys are talking about with shine vs. organic, but I still find it strange to call Hybrid Theory or Meteora 'shiny' when they feature distorted guitars. I know that isn't what you meant, and yeah, Minutes to Midnight had tracks with less doubled vocals and acoustic-style drums, especially on The Little Things Give You Away for one, but I mean listen to By Myself for example and try to tell me that sounds shiny lol. I don't agree that Hybrid Theory or Meteora were 'pop albums with a hard edge', I believe they were alternative rock albums, and if the definition of rock here is what I think it is, then I'm glad Linkin Park rarely goes that route. Metallica comes to mind when I say "what I think it is", and I find Metallica highly overrated, and frankly not very good. Just an example of course.

4. TVTV

TVTV Active Member

These don't sound authentic to me, and it's not because I don't like them. There is a lot of LP music I don't like, which is normal for any artist. But these sound like they're produced with generic software. Not near the sophistication and caliber of something Mike would've spent considerable time and attention on. I can't go back and listen to the preview from the LPTV photoshoot, BID, and LGM and actually think these snippets are from the same album. There is a disconnection and it has nothing to do with genre. It has more to do with the quality of the song writing and, frankly, production.

I feel like the only one disappointed with these snippets, if they are authentic. This sound is dated and incredibly unoriginal. And I always defend Linkin Park.

5. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

As far as production, it's because these are shitty rips. To be honest, these snippets sound like they're more sophisticated than the entirety of Burn It Down (don't get me wrong - I love BID, but it's pretty basic...)
    And I don't see how you don't think In My Remains sounds like it's from the same album as BID and LGM... it feels to me like they're practically triplets...

And songwriting? You only hear like 3 words... :alf:
    I can understand not liking the snippets, but not for the reasons you listed.

6. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

You don't see any connection between Burn it Down and the snippet from In My Remains?...I also don't see what part of Lies Greed Misery is on any different level than any of these snippets...

7. TVTV

TVTV Active Member

I'm sorry I wasn't as clear before. That's my fault.

With production, I don't mean the sound quality or engineering. I mean the drums that were used, the synths, loops. They sound like the classic fake previews of LP songs that always end up on YouTube, weeks before the album's actual release. Mike is a gifted producer and I feel that he would not let this music set as a finished creation. He is better than this.

With songwriting, I'm not necessarily referring to lyrics. Songwriting is also about tying the melodies of the instruments together in the song. This is something the band has also learned to master in their career, particularly with the last two albums. "Robot Boy", "Waiting for the End", "The Catalyst" are examples. "The Little Things Give You Away". This music from these supposed snippets sound regressive for a band that is exceptional at elegant sound design and strong melodies.

I'm sorry if there is disagreement. These are just opinions that I have and I'm only one person in this group of millions of fans.

8. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

No problem with disagreement, that's what discussions are made of, so I welcome it actually...but while I absolutely see what you mean when comparing to the LPTV Photoshoot clip (that was something special to me and I hope it ends up being on the album for sure) and even with Burn it Down...I'm not sure what part or parts of Lies Greed Misery you feel is 'over and above' these snippets. I'm not trying to diss Lies Greed Misery at all, and I have looked at it from your angle, with chord progressions, loops, instrumental usage and style, etc...and I'm still not seeing it with that song. What part of Lies Greed Misery feels..better..for lack of a better term..than the sounds of the instrumentals in these snippets? I of course am just comparing the instrumental work in Lies Greed Misery, since these snippets have no vocals.

Plus, remember that these snippets sounded like the openings of the songs, and instrumentals, loops, etc, can often change throughout a song, especially in build-ups, choruses, bridges, fade-outs that usually tie into the openings...etc.

9. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Is it or me or does i'll be gone sound very much like runaway?
    i know its too early to tell but idk to me it seems like it.

10. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

Even though I liked all 3 previews I kinda understand where you are comin from. I have to agree that the synth loops in them sounds like it can easily be achieved or replicate with any ordinary keyboard. But I trust that lp knows what they are doing and that IMO the decision to use these particular sounding synths could be that they sound right when put tgt with the other layers of sounds on the overall context of the song. I'm sure that in the process of writing each an every song they would have played around and experimented on the different types of sounds before deciding on the final one. One thing that puzzles me though is that I don't understand with the comparison of the sampled sounds and electronics used in older songs such as the loop in poa, the loop in paper cut, the intro of numb, or even crawling doesn't sound as complex as these newer sounds and yet there's something special about them. Sry for the long wall of text, typing using my phone lol . Anyway for those who wanna know how the snippets sound like : think what I've done guitars in terms of strumming and tone with a repeating electronic loop in the background.

11. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

I'll just say it like it is. This record isn't about making 5-6 minute songs that take us on journeys and challenge us. Linkin Park have said it themselves, this is a high energy record to rock to at concerts, a firecracker record in Mikes very own words..and to be honest these firecracker snippets sound amazing!

12. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I hate myself for it but I just listened again on Youtube...and while just like the first time I heard them, I'll be Gone's sample stands out the most...I now really don't understand why people aren't digging the clip of In My Remains...it's my second favourite and almost tied for first...and I say that as someone who's been looking forward to Lost in the Echo more than any other song (as well as I'll be Gone, Powerless and Roads Untraveled though)...

But of course I'm not going to stray from what I've been saying all along...these are 30 second clips of the openings of the songs, with no chorus even hinted at, no vocals...in conclusion nothing much to go on.

13. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Guys, the leaks can no longer be downloaded. It says "Access Denied: Copyright Violation", which implies that the snippets were actually legit.

14. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Guys, the leaks can no longer be downloaded. It says "Access Denied: Copyright Violation", which implies that the snippets were actually legit.

15. Nutt

Nutt Member

Still not listening, waiting until the whole album leaks. From what I've read the snippets sound great , I just hope that they don't have that Major,Happy sound that BID and LGM have.
    Anyway, can't wait for the leak! ^_^

16. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

[​IMG]

17. CloserStep

CloserStep Ash to ashes, dust to dust

The little vocal clip reminds me of his singing in the Dead by Sunrise song "Too Late"

18. thirstydude

thirstydude Member

Exactly what i thought

19. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, a lot of people have made comparisons to Chester's softer vocals on songs like "Too Late" and "Into You". :)

20. Try-hard Chimi

Try-hard Chimi Well-Known Member

Lost In The Echo is sucha beast, Linkin Park suprises again with the album