Official Muse Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by The Fortunate One, May 4, 2011.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I love Muse. Infact, I have a Muse T-shirt :)

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

That was a pretty terribly made video, not sure if intentional. Still very excited for the record, hope it's as experimental as LP3/LP4.

op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

Probably using this

http://www.musewiki.org/images/MisaKitara.jpg

http://www.musewiki.org/images/MattDomChrisDevSoundsCS.jpg

and/or a kaoss pad.

Personlly I'm not really liking what I'm hearing. The strings and everything were pretty nice, but that breakdown part is sort of meh.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Sick drop. Vocoder and possibly guitar. I hope Muse has a really different album. They used to be my second favorite band, but after like 7 years of listening to them Matt's voice got kind of grating. I need something to spice me up again.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

There are not enough words to describe how much I love this band. Can't wait for the new stuff.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'm extraordinarily intrigued by the new trailer. We shall see as more information / sounds come out...I have faith Muse will make this album interesting. I'm glad they're going in what it appears to be a very new direction.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Korn did it better, from the limited amount of this not-so-new sound I'm hearing.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Emphasis on the limited, here.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

As much as I despise, nay, abhor dubstep I guess I'm interested in seeing what it sounds like with a Muse twist. As Xero said it sounds like a lot of it is being played ok the guitar which would be new. But I think no matter what the presence of dubstep would somewhat disappointing. And the latter is really best case scenario, seeing as my hatred for dubstep burns with the endless passion.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I'm gonna say there's probably not much dubstep in it. Maybe a lot more breakdowns and electronic stuff, but what we heard wasn't really dubstep or brostep.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Agreed but it's close enough to worry me a little

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I'm not going to write it off based on what little I've heard. But it's Muse, I'll give them a chance and see what they do with it, I just hope it's not generic as hell

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Of course, but my opinion is still the same, based on the limited amount we've heard.

And Pidgeon, Skrillex most certaintely uses a guitar to record, all the time.

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Firstly, that trailer is AMAZING! Really got me excited. :D And the first "orchestral" part sounds a million times better than "Exogenesis: Symphony" imo.

Well, here are my opinions on the whole "dubstep" thing at the end -

1. Technically, this is "Dubstep-Inspired", not real dubstep. People lump every kind of electronic influenced music into the "dubstep" group nowadays, just like they used to lump everything into "techno" a few years back. If this is dubstep, then some Radiohead songs can be called "dubstep" too! :p

2. From what I heard, it sounded like they were using "real" instruments (except the robot voice). Matt probably used the Kaoss Pad for the sounds. Also, the drums sounded like they were recorded instead of being programmed. That sounds really interesting. :)

3. And most importantly, they have been playing stuff like this at their live performances since the beginning of their career! Anyone who has gone to a live Muse performance knows what I mean. They are just bringing those live jams into the studio for the first time I guess. Therefore, I really don't understand why people around the internet are getting so angry, just because someone decided to call this "dubstep".

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    op4blushift

op4blushift Well-Known Member

Eh, I can't think of a single Radiohead song with that "wub wub" stuff over a big drop. Also, I really don't fucking understand why you use the term "real instruments" (pisses me off to no end). It honestly doesn't matter whether or not it was made with a guitar/drums or programmed. It sounds more or less the same as most dubstep/brostep (whatever the hell you call it) drops with the glitchy wub wub stuff and heavy bass. I will admit I'm not completely familiar with the genres, but I find it stupid how some people seem to think that since it was made on guitars/real drums (so called "real instruments") that its suddenly not dubstep/whatever the fuck its called. Also, yes Muse do lots of jams and have even done a Kaoss pad jam before, but none of them are quite like this.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

:lol: in that case I would considerably less impressed and more disappointed by Muse doing dubstep. No matter the amount.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Man, I do love MAP OF THE PROBLEMATIQUE. .-.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

[video=youtube;LueglfVG4cY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueglfVG4cY&feature=related[/video]

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Goodness gracious that "ha-ha-ha-ha-ha" part is grating. Like a bicycle horn going off every 0.5 seconds.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I would have to agree.