LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Lost In The Echo is easily the best.

2. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Are you sure it isn't out until the 26th in Croatia? I would think it'll be out there on the 22nd, or at least the 25th.

3. KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

TOTALLY agree, thank you. It's got everything, rapping, screaming, heavy guitar, sick beats, beautiful melody, high energy, it's epic on another level.

4. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

Roads Untravelled avoided much attention in the build-up but its definitely one of LP's best songs ever. Not even saying that in a mad happy hyper reaction way either, i just think it's incredible. Victimized, on the other hand, got way too much attention and hype. its made what is a good short song a damp squid on the album. i was waiting for it to come on, when it did i was like "oh, mmeeeehhhhhh"

5. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Am I allowed to say this? The whole album is up on Spotify for anyone who can't be bothered with trying to find a download link.

6. LPSteelersFan

LPSteelersFan Well-Known Member

One thing... how did not one person mention that Brad sings on one track? Not one reviewer mentioned it. It's only today that we learned out about it. Either way, that was a pleasent surprise. He sounds great. Fort Minor, Dead By Sunrise... Is Brad next?

7. PaFJ

PaFJ Member

Victimized , LP's heaviest track ever ?! the reviews of Victimized just ruined the song for me! I expected something like metalcore :)) believe me Given Up is way more heavier than this song!

8. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

After several listens i'll rate the songs!
    Lost in The Echo - 10
    In my Remains - 8.5
    Burn it Down - 8
    Lies Greed Misery - 7.5
    I'll Be Gone- 9.5
    Castle of Glass - 9
    Victemized - 8 (loved it though!)
    Roads Untravelled (Snuck out of no-where) - 9.5
    Skin to Bone - 8
    Until it Breaks - 9
    Tinfoil/Powerless - 9
    Overall - 9!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  9. Shikshak

Shikshak Well-Known Member

Metalcore is heavy? what's wrong with this world

10. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Chesters' part reminds me of Refused, except nowhere near as convincing.

11. Dissociative

Dissociative Well-Known Member

you're missing Skin to Bone

12. SkinToBone

SkinToBone New Member

Victimized is the worst song on the album by far, I loved Roads Untraveled and Castle Of Glass. This album is really all of their albums put into one. People who are saying "this is so different!" don't know what they're talking about. Everything in this album we've heard from LP before, and that's not a bad thing, it's actually a good thing.

13. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

So fucking amazing!!!

14. Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

I don't know about anyone else but castle of glass was the most beautiful song on the album.

15. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

abso-fucking-lutely amazing...home from work and listening to a fuckin masterpiece...im fanboying right now and i can just tear up in joy....Lost in the Echo is so....wow i cant believe this album, its amazing!

16. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Upon first impressions... that was unbelievable. THAT felt like a fucking journey! Lost In The Echo was far and away to the best song on the album on the first listen. It just had EVERYTHING. That song is the pure essence of Linkin Park. I can also definitely say that the last half of the album is worthy of contention for most far out Linkin Park yet. We had MASSIVE amounts of folk rock, sea-chanty tunes, etc etc. Although Victimized fell flat under my expectations (brutal sure, but not heaviest track) it will surely be a BEAST live. Everything else not he album is going to take a LOT more listens to sink in, but there's not one track I dislike on the album.

Powerless was the perfect way to end the album. It felt stripped down and vulnerable after the impact of the rest of the album. But I finally understand how Linkin Park classified this as an uptempo, "cheerful" album. The songs aren't about loss anymore, they're about moving forward with life - which hits me much harder at this point of life than any "poor me I'm gonna cry" song they've released.

And can I now say that the A Thousand Suns worshippers should go eat their own words? All this pessimism over an album they hadn't even heard yet. And now it's out and more experimental than anything previously. There's your "natural progression"!

Linkin Park: Thank you for an incredible fifth album. This IS your definitive work.

17. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Linkin Park has surprised me with yet another album that shows their creative abilities. Point being, this is a fantastic album, and in my opinion, it's just as good as A Thousand Suns.

My ratings:

Lost In The Echo: 9.6/10
    In My Remains: 10/10
    Burn It Down: 7.3/10
    Lies, Greed, Misery: 7.5/10
    I'll Be Gone: 8.6/10
    Castle Of Glass: 10/10 (this song is now on my top 5 LP songs, I love it that much)
    Victimized: 7.7/10 (I expected better than the descriptions made it out to be, but as this, it's not bad)
    Roads Untraveled: 8.7/10
    Skin To Bone: 8.0/10
    Until It Breaks: 9.3/10 (points for Brad singing! He made the last part of the song very atmospheric and hauntingly beautiful)
    Tinfoil: 8.5/10
    Powerless: 10/10 (Another great album ending)

18. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Well I was def one of those ATS "worshippers" that thought BID and LGM didn't feel like a natural progression. The songs work better as part of the whole album but I still stand by the thought that they released the two worst, least ambitious songs first (which was my hope after hearing LGM). It's saying something that those are the worst songs since they aren't terrible, just not great.

19. F1st3R

F1st3R Well-Known Member

Heard the album once and I must say, I love it! I love that Mike is singing on a lot of songs, since I think he has an awesome voice. The only song that didn't catch me was Victimized kinda, but maybe after some more listenings that will change ;)
    PS: I think In my Remains is my favorite but can't really say

20. super_sebi

super_sebi Just like that.

i wondered who is singing the song :D