LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dvdbos

dvdbos Member

Almost 2 AM, third listening.
    I have to say, LGM feels a lot better in the album than it felt by itself. It's "part of it", you can feel it.

Masterpiece.

2. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Think some are missing the point of Victimized or they over-hyped themselves. For a track that is just over 100 seconds, it is just a clusterfuck of a song. To jam that much into something so short and still have it flow is a pretty amazing accomplishment. I relate it to when you have something profound and detailed to say on Twitter. You want to jam as much shit as you can into 140 characters, but sometimes you have to get creative and that can be even harder than articulating yourself fully.

3. MicCarrera

MicCarrera Well-Known Member

A: LOST IN THE ECHO - Nu-metal LP had a comeback with this song, made my want to jam so hard to it. Good memories, good times.
    UNTIL IT BREAKS - Mike's verses are legendary, exspeically the 2nd verse, plus Brad has an amazing voice. The singing between the two verses were good, but sounded out of place to me.
    CASTLE OF GLASS - Thought this song would be the worst, but it's maybe the best. The instrumental behind the vocals are epic with the wonderful singing and lyrics from both chester and mike.
    BURN IT DOWN - Best 1st single in an LP album ever, with a chorus so can sing over and over again.
    VICTIMIZED - I was playing AC II when I was playing this and made my want to attack people and free run like crazy. Better than I thought, love mike's verses. Too bad it was 1:50
    I'LL BE GONE - Sounds like Numb a little bit. I was not expecting this one to be my favorite song off the album. Chester's voice is legendary with one of the best intro's I ever heard.
    IN MY REMAINS - Was debating weather it was an A or B, decide a B because of the way chester sings the lyrics, plus the intro is one to remember. True guitar in this song.

B: LIES GREED MISERY - Dubstep sound, somthing I hate but they did not a bad job at it. It was a little too short, but I don't really care. Mike's verses are alright along with Chester's lines.
    SKIN TO BONE - A different instrumental to it, definently unquie, with okay lyrics that repeat throughout the whole song. Not a song I will be jamming to over and over again.

C: ROADS UNTRAVELED - The instrumental and vocals get kind of bland after a while, but if this is the worst song, it will be the best worst song an LP album has had.

Unheard: POWERLESS
    TINFOIIL

Great ablum so far. Rated it third best LP album till I found I'LL BE GONE, then my favorite LT song changed it. Still need to listen to POWERLESS though.

HT>LT>M>ATS>M2M

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  4. theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

mike shinoda swagged the fuck out on lost in the echo wth shit goes too hard.

5. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

What's with the Lost in the Echo love? It's just a mediocre HT LP song. Nothing too special.

Now the rest of the album is proper freaky. So many awesome elements mixed in together. I LOVE the folk element of the album. On some of the songs you'd think they were an actual folk band.

One thing that is still suffering, however, is the lyrics once the songs' get heavier. Also the usual 'repeat one line louder and louder' to break down a song in the middle is not exactly the best song writing technique.

But overall, it's an amazing album.

6. Gabe Newell

Gabe Newell Banned

VICTIMIZED=QWERTY takes a shit on Bleed It Out.

7. rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

LOST IN THE ECHO: 10/10 - Top 5 LP Song, hands down.
    IN MY REMAINS: 9.5/10 - Like and army falling one by one by one.. god, that almost made me cry.
    BURN IT DOWN: 9/10 - No need to describe..
    LIES GREED MISERY: 9.5/10 - No need to describe..
    I'LL BE GONE: 9/10 - Chester sings really nice on this one.
    CASTLE OF GLASS: 9.5/10 - Dont have much to say. I just love it.
    VICTIMIZED: 9.75/10 - I loved it... omg.. heaviest LP song ever.. in 2 minutes they duly delivered it.
    ROADS UNTRAVELED: 7.5/10 - This is one kinda gets annoying, I think it just doesnt have the energy. Maybe it will grow over time.
    SKIN TO BONE: 8/10 - I dont know... too much AAAAHSSSS and repeating ashes to ashes and dust to dust.
    UNTIL IT BREAKS: 9/10 - It's not ~OH MY GOD WHAT A HELL OF A TRACK~, but I like because it is kinda experimental, a lot of genres put together, and Brad singing beautifully
    TINFOIL: x/10- Nice intro.
    POWERLESS: 9.5/10 - Great, great great.

This is are my first thoughts, and they might change as time goes by...

Overall, 9.5/10

Great album, as someone already said, I can too see an Emmy on the way.

8. super_sebi

super_sebi Just like that.

i'm also listening it for the third time and i'm not tired :D

9. skyzlmt

Take out the vocals and this is what I assimilate the songs to.

Roads Untraveled ~ Tools of the Trade (FM)
    In My Remains ~ What I've Done
    Powerless ~ Gear Up (The Raid OST)

10. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

EPIC ALBUM..... i am so happy....

as i said yesterday i predicted that we would have it in 2 or 5 days....
    also.... i said about LOST IN THE ECHO........ would be the song of the album..... ( know tha i heard it , i think i am right ;) )

11. rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

Damn, I cant fckn stop listening to Brad on Until it Breaks...

12. Outlaw

Outlaw And so it begins...

CASTLE OF GLASS IS FCKING BAWSSSSS

13. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I can't get to sleep by this album. brad will help me lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  14. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Since everyone is ranking their favorite LP albums, I guess I'll do one too! From the most favorite to least favorite:

1. A Thousand Suns-Ethereal album. Not everyone got it, specially those that grew up on Hybrid Theory but an album like ATS comes along seldom.
    2. Hybrid Theory-What can I say other than it defined a genre and was the height of nu metal
    3. Living Things-Was not expecting it to be good honestly after BID, but surprised by the depth of the songs. Not a "bro rock" album at all.
    4. Meteora-Despite many "purists" hating Meteora, it had some great moments such as in Lying From You, Breaking the Habit, and From the Inside.
    5. Minutes to Midnight-Too many songs that sounded like too many other songs by other artists. Except for BIO and Given Up very few unique moments. But this album was a necessary step towards the new sound of the band.

15. kwill

kwill Well-Known Member

My reactions to each track:

1) LiTE - Absolutely incredible. It's got everything; every member contributes! I had my hands in the air when this track was on. Will be an all-time classic, right up there with In the End and Numb.

2) IMR - Ditto. Chester's vocals are excellent here. I absolutely loved the "Like an army falling one by one by one part."

3) BiD - Still love it just as much as ever. It sounds even better when surrounded by its other song-friends.

4) LGM - Same as Burn it Down.

5) IBG - Kinda poppy like BiD, but that doesn't stop it from being incredible. I love the vocals, guitar, and everything else. This one is excellent.

6) CoG - Beautiful. I was afraid that this song would be slow and sluggish throughout, but it really impressed me. Definitely not as creepy-sounding as I hoped it would be though, but that's OK. I don't remember much of this one, so I have to listen again.

7) Victimized - I was really nervous going into this one, because my sister, who had listened to the album before me said that it the only song she didn't like from the album (and she loves the heavy stuff). I listened, and I loved it. It wasn't as heavy as it was hyped up to be would be, but I loved it. The only problems are that it really sticks out like a sore thumb between the slower tracks before and after it, and it still feels way too short to me. Either way, this song has a permanent home on my workout playlist. Fuck Yeah!

8) RU - Why didn't the reviews talk about this one? It's absolutely beautiful! I loved the piano and chimes and Mike sounds so good here. The lyrics touched a deep place in my soul, especially the closing line and the line mentioned in the preview (too lazy to write them out).

9) StB - Wow, Mike is singing again. Anyway, I don't know why, but this track gave me the creeps. It sounds so dark and evil. :p Anyway, I adore the beat and the vocal melodies, and everything else. Amazing.

10) UiB - I can sort of tell that this one was made up of 4 demos, and they don't really fit perfectly, but IMO, that's what makes the song special. I'm tired of these VCVCBC structures, so this was an excellent change. Awesome track, rapping was beast, singing was beast, music was beast. Like CoG, I have to listen to this one again with good-quality earphones to fully appreciate it (the sound system on my computer is really bad :( )

11) Tinfoil - Great instrumental! Not much else to say.

12) Powerless - What a perfect end to a perfect album! This song was gorgeous to beginning to end. Toward the end of the track, I was practically laughing at how good the song and album were.

10/10 for the album. And I don't throw around 10s so easily! :D

(I know this sounds fanboyish, but I love it. This album could very well change music history.)

16. super_sebi

super_sebi Just like that.

in a few minutes i probably fall asleep but the songs are so f*ckin' good and i cannot stop listening to it :/

17. skyzlmt

On my computer: not bad
    On my home theater: nice
    On my Bose car speakers: oh my fucking god

The opening of Until it Breaks hits hard! In Stereo and UiB are 1,2 in terms of thump

18. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

Regarding LP's lyrics...Roads Untravelled is definitely the best LP song lyrics wise.

19. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I found a 320kbps fortunately since -stupid- iTunes wouldn't let me hear nothing, and yeah, I'll reserve a little review for someday, but I already can say, my fear got vanished since song one, BEST ALBUM yet. Can't stop smiling whenever I hear Until It Breaks, the verses of Mike are fucking crazy, flow and lyrics, the bass and all. Finally he did a few tracks in here to low down some motherfuckers saying he is a bad rapper.
    Instrumentally I was pleased by the second half of the album, Roads Untraveled is a gem, so is a Castle of Glass with Mike's incredible vocals, which I love to hear alternated to Chester's after half of the song, that's genial. I find a hard time saying which song is the best to me, Living Things is a huge surprise. LGM sounds better in the whole thing, as someone pointed out. Great beats everywhere.
    Chester nailed pretty much every song in new ways, and the screams on Victimized, well, most brutal yet right up there with QWERTY and the Wish cover.
    Only 2 listens yet, and it grew on me already.

EDIT: About Victimized, is not the "death metal" part being the most brutal to me, I think when Mike raps, THAT part of the instrumental is sick as fuck. Of course Chester completes it.

20. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

Just said this on the shoutbox.

Deep down I was really worried about this album. Worried that they actually did cave under the pressure, the pressure that they've been under since MTM, to go back to their old sound.

I'm so glad my worries were wrong.