LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

Its crazy that they got Brad singing. He's not even half that bad

2. WhoisPaul?

WhoisPaul? Member

Until it Breaks is such a weird song, individually I like the different components but all together its very weird

3. Drytf

Drytf Active Member

I don't get why so many people consider Roads Untraveled the worst song on the album. I know it depends on the tastes, but damn, the song is gradually growing 'till the end of it, with an EPIC ending.
    Anyway, this is the best LP album with Hybrid Theory.
    Lost In The Echo - 10/10. (The good old days uh?)
    In My Remains - 10/10
    Burn It Down - 9.5/10
    Lies Greed Misery - 9/10
    I'll Be Gone - 10/10
    Castle of Glass - 10/10 (It surprised me. When I first heard the preview on the video, I thought "This is nothing like Linkin Park", but after I heard it, I loved it!)
    Victimized - 10/10 (One word: damn...)
    Roads Untraveled - 10/10 (My explanation above)
    Skin To Bone - 9/10
    Until It Breaks - 9.5/10 (What I mess of a song. There are so many styles in this... Brad on the end = mind blown)
    Tinfoil + Powerless - 10/10 (BEST ENDING ON A LINKIN PARK ALBUM!)

Overall: 9.99/10

I want to thank Linkin Park for this amazing journey (not only the album, but the build-up to the album, all the puzzles, scavenger hunt, etc.. I've had the luck to see them live a few weeks ago (Rock in Rio) and it is one of the best bands ever, if not the best. We can't really describe something like LP. It's sad the way the album leaked...

4. Dissociative

Dissociative Well-Known Member

now that I think about it - this would've made for a great album closer

5. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

I'm just listening to powerless and I think that works perfectly as the album closer. It's the first time LP has actually tackled the subject of wanting to help someone but not being able to. It's probably the best album closer, I think. But I agree Roads Untraveled could have been substituted there and it would have worked great.

Also re Victimised...I actually really love Mike's signing in the verse. I kinda wish that got made into a whole song

6. misery

misery Well-Known Member

The second half of the album is so wonderfully weird, especially for LP. Really enjoyed it all for the most part (still a little iffy on "Skin to Bone"), but Powerless made the hair on my arms stand up.
    Time to start my second listen-through!

7. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

What IS like Linkin Park last few years? :awesome:

8. TheDudeFatJay

TheDudeFatJay Well-Known Member

Lost In The Echo : 10 out of 10 - I definitely feel the HT/Meteora vibe on this one. A really nice bassline and synths.
    In My Remains : 9 out of 10 - This was more MTM but has a nice electronic vibe from the ATS era.
    Burn It Down 9 out of 10 - Well, you already know this one.
    Lies, Greed, Misery - 9 out of 10 - A really playful and uptempo beat with a touch of M.I.A on the chorus.
    I'll Be Gone - 10 out of 10 - The strings are beatiful! Owen did a wonderful work on the strings in this one and the chorus is really good.
    Castle Of Glass - 9 out of 10 - The atmospheric sound in the beginning almost sounds like Session. This was the folk inspired song and it's really good! It's really cool to hear Mike and Chester sing together throughout the whole song. People may think '' folk? wtf? '' but they still keep a electronic vibe to it so don't worry.
    Victimized - 9 out of 10 - Yes, this was the one i was actually most excited for. It's the most brutal one on this album but even Blackout seems more brutal to me then this one. Though i think this one will be fucking awesome to hear live.
    Roads Untraveled - 8 out of 10 - Back to the MTM era but has a really heavy big drum beat going on and great harmonics. Also has this xylophone but with a very '' toyish '' kind of sound to it.
    Skin To Bone - 9 out of 10 - Mike has a really nice distort effect on his voice aswell as the bass. Has a very experimental feel to it like ATS. Everytime Chester starts to sing the chorus it almost feels like you are being taken of the ground and starts to float because so many layers of sounds starts to go of at the chorus.
    Until It Breaks - 10 out of 10 - Nice dub/dancehall feel to the beat and it has this experimental twist to it. When Mike goes to he's second verse the beat changes up a little bit but it still keeps a dark atmosphere around it. And Brad's also singing!
    Tinfoil - 7 out of 10 - Not as great instrumental as Cure For The Itch and Session since it really doesn't develope further. It's just a simple loop going on and on with some little changes as it goes on. But still great and simple.
    Powerless - 10 out of 10 - As the piano begins you already know that this one is gonna be the last bang and it just screams epicness all over it.

My overall score for this whole album - 9 out of 10. It's really great, and i love it. There's something for everyone. Those who only love hybrid theory and meteora don't have to worry about this one. They really went back to their roots on this one but still keeps to maintain the experimental atmosphere from ATS but also their older albums. The only thing that i might wanna complain about, but that's mainly because im a music producer myself and i've studied it also for many years is that they seem to have a very similar kind of pattern going on in all of these songs. Short intro, verse,chorus,verse,chorus,bridge,chorus and outro. And the outro fades out a little bit too fast for me to get a grip of it and think '' alright, time for the next song ''. But hey, this is just my opinion and i will still buy this one when i get my hands on it!

After listening through this a couple of times already i had to switch up the ratings a little bit!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  9. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

5th listening...I need a break of this awesomeness!! I have to study =/

10. dvdbos

dvdbos Member

Was the leak a itunes mistake? Or was it deliberate to let us listen to it for a couple of hours?

11. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

LOST IN THE ECHO and I'LL BE GONE take it home for me. These songs beat the shit out of me, and I loved every second of it.

12. nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

Sweet! Skin To Bone is the song I've been looking forward to the most just based off of the descriptions we had.

13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

You and me both, brother. I'm very happy with this album. Numfar! Do the dance of happiness!;
    [​IMG]

Don't worry Shinoda, I met your challenge without even intending to.
    [​IMG]

Got somewhat drunk & made a night of it. You'll have my money this time next week.

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This.

Mike if you're reading this, I'm so sorry for not waiting till release. But I want to thank you and the rest of the band for continuously making music that defies genres and makes me proud to be a fan. I will be buying this first thing on release date, and will encourage my friends to buy it too. You guys are first class.

15. hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

I think the singles should be the following after Burn It Down (no order)
    Lost in the Echo
    Lies Greed Misery
    I'll Be Gone
    Castle of Glass

IMO.

16. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just died and went to heaven.

17. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think I'll wait the day of the release to review it, like that I have the time to absorb really well the sound and see what is ALWAYS great and what might fade a bit after a while. One or even five listens are not really enough, specially with experimental stuff, is always wise to give it time.

18. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier

ATS was new for Linkin Park. LT is new for music.

KETCHUP AT IT'S FINEST

19. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I'm definitely in love with LOST IN THE ECHO! <3
    Electronic, Rock (guitars), screams, great melody, and Mike's best rap since Meteora, I think :)

The first part of the album is pretty good, the second is more... meh... strange

20. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

i love this album just as much as ATS. But i do hope they make another ATS lol....