LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

Jeez, no bitching, no hating, everyone loves the album! that is epic!

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

22066251.jpg

3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

They already did. It's called LIVING THINGS. This album is as experimental as ATS. It's just shorter.

4. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

The boo birds will come out eventually. Since they are in the minority at the moment, the honest opinions will come in a wave shortly because people don't want to get squashed in the love fest. Think the diversity of the album as a lot of people muzzled.

Add 90 seconds for extended intro/outro to each song and 3 more interludes and ZOMG ATS2!!!!!

5. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

For me the singles should be:
    Burn It Down
    Lost In The Echo
    Castle Of Glass
    In My Remains
    Powerless

6. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

My thoughts exactly. <3

7. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

LIVING THINGS: beautiful, melodic, energetic, experimental, uncompromising, chaotic...

8. Drytf

Drytf Active Member

LOL I know. But that wasn't something I thought I would see LP playing/singing.

BTW, don't forget that I'll Be Gone has Owen. Maybe they're going to make it a single because of that...

9. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

This album is very weird but its better than ATS

10. Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

I think he means more of a concept/album album and I agree. I love living things but I hope LP does another concept record full of songs that take you places again (not that LT doesn't have these, it's just the concept part that I want again in the next album).

By the way In My Remains has an amazing verse-singing melody. So beautiful and BID actually really follows up well on this as CHester sings almost on the same pitch as in IMR.

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Absolutely. I hold my hands up, I was pretty pessimistic after hearing BID & LGM, but the spirit of ATS persists through most of LT (as far as I can tell after only 6 or so listens).

12. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

I want LP to make a really heavy rock album next, without any of the angst lyrics for all u nu metal haters, just pure hard rock

13. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Anybody have any details on the speech clip in the beginning of Victimized?

14. Mario007

While I love LP and they are my favourite band, I don't think they can make a heavy song without angsty lyrics. If they can get rid of that bad habit and the building up consisting of one line repeated louder and louder they'll be absolute legends.

15. lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Better than ATS, most definitely. Better than Minutes to Midnight. Only by a slight margin better than Hybrid Theory. However, Meteora is and will always remain my favourite Linkin Park album.

Favourite songs include Lost in the Echo, In My Remains, Lies Greed Misery, I'll Be Gone, Castle of Glass, Victimized, Skin to Bone, Tinfoil/Powerless

16. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

It's possible it can be done, look at old hard rock bands.

17. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Did you not LISTEN to Living Things?? This album is the least angsty the band has ever been! This songs carry far different themes from the alienation and "I hate myself" themes from the past 4 albums. They speak about finally letting go and moving on with one's life into the brighter side. Even Victimized holds true to this. Barely, but it does.

18. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Listening in now. Lost in the echo is SICK!!

19. Mario007

Hey, if anyone can do it, it's LP. They proved that they can reinvent everything about everything.

Almost all songs that I would define as heavy on LT have angsty-sounding lyrics or lyrics whose sloppiness makes them sounds angsty (referring, mainly, to the sung lyrics here)

20. linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

I totally cheated and got SKIN TO BONE and UNTIL IT BREAKS (even though I promised myself I wouldn't listen to UIB until I got the album in my email..I couldn't wait). Here's my very weird and very unique descriptions of them:

SKIN TO BONE makes me think of some outlawed imprisoned Persian princess who has to like dance as some kind of a servant for the guys who imprisoned her. That beat, the chorus (which totally reminds me of WTCFM), I don't know. That's just what I think of. Totally hot though. Love it. Can't help but move my hips around to it.

UNTIL IT BREAKS is very...weird. But I can't stop listening to it. I knew it would be a HUGE song on the album, and it definitely is. I still don't know how to feel about Chester's part "Give me the strength of the rising sun..", because it seems very misplaced to me. It just happens. Mike's verses in the beginning, the way he just spits it everywhere and the really hard, rough beats in the back reminds me of that group Death Grips that he always talks about, but so much better. I can't stand the stuff Death Grips have done, it all sounds like a joke to me. But Mike knows how to do it right, and he definitely did it. Ten fold. And, Brad's part at the end is *gorgeous*. I never once thought that Delson could have some vocals in an LP song and have it sound that beautiful. He's got an amazing voice, dude. I think he should use it more often, I love it. Sounds reminiscent of a lullaby or something, it's very peaceful and sweet and stuff. Good vibes. And I mean that verse that was used for the WFTE intro for the last handful of shows is brilliant. I couldn't help but memorize the whole thing already. The way Mike says" I get iller I deliver while you quiver in your pants" just gets me every time. He sounds so sick. Love it.

I'm definitely saving the rest of the album for when I get my email, but I legit cannot wait much longer. Thank gosh it's only like 10 days. :]