LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. regulusplusone

regulusplusone Well-Known Member

Exactly what I'm thinking. Someone's getting sued!

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

WOW.

I just listened to the whole thing.

This album is f*cking freaking amazing. And to be honest, this is the first time I'm saying this after a new LP release.

With MTM and ATS, I was disappointed at first. This album just blew me away with the first listen. It's energetic, it's weird, but weird in a good way.

Lost In The Echo is....I don't even have words, I was smiling all the way the first time I heard it.

Castles Of Glass and Skin To bone and Until It Breaks....This is what I wanted ATS to be. I usually prefer LP more heavy stuff, but those 3 songs were magic.

And now, Victimized.....If LP ever made an entire record with this style (well, with longer song), it would instantly become my favorite record! And I'm being serious. This song represent what I've always wanted LP to be. Heavy, but weird as fuck at the same time.

The only song that didn't really amaze me is In My Remains. This one is maybe a little bland.

All, in all, this record will probably become my second favorite from LP, after HT. I can already tell I'm gonna enjoy this way way way more than ATS, MTM, and Meteora.

Wow.

3. KaitoKid

KaitoKid Lyricist

I won't listen now.

4. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

WHYYYY must VICTIMIZED be so short?! Haha me and my friend went through every track and this album blew our minds! This makes up for ATS (just my opinion since I know 90% of this board loves it) But dang this record is crazy good! Can't wait to pick it up!

5. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Good man haha, the positive side of leaks.

Speaking of which, still haven't listened to it yet. I'm just skipping past all the positive feedback and trying to read into what could possibly be bad about the album based on the "meh/crap" reviews. I suppose it's a good thing when you read through pages and pages and can't find many of those haha

6. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I haven't even heard Victimized yet and I'm still pretty sure I can already say I never want to see a full record of its style, based on the talks about it. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against hard/heavy music, but one of LP's strengths to me is the variation throughout a record, so by the same token I don't want 12 ballads either, or 12 of anything.

So far the sounds of people's reactions is making me think my looking forward to I'll be Gone and Lost in the Echo the most are seeming like I was telepathically onto something, as everything I keep hearing is just making me more excited for them. I'm a little disappointed in the things I'm hearing about Roads Untraveled though, I was looking forward to it and nobody seems to be really praising it, so I hope I end up disagreeing.

7. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

When I'm saying a full record with that style, I'm thinking about a full record of heavy and weird stuff. So basically, a lot of experimentation and genres, but presented in a heavy way. I would never want a record with 12 similar songs, obviously! :)

About Roads Untravelled, it's really a beautiful song. And still upbeat at the same time. I can't really tell more about it.

8. nroc

nroc Member

How many times that word "Promise " appeared in this album ?

9. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm listening to it right now and I'm glad they're this energetic with their songs. I love how much they're experimenting with this album, but at the same time it seems like a sequel to Hybrid Theory, which is unreal. So far, album is fantastic and that's an understatement!

10. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Thank you lol, I needed to hear that about Roads Untraveled, and I appreciate you not saying anymore than that. You're cool in my books.

Really don't mind comparisons to Hybrid Theory. I like all of Linkin Park's albums for their own reasons, and it's not even so much the sound or style of Hybrid Theory, but that album captured me in a way no other has so far (yet I still don't know if I'd flat out call it my favourite...its/I'm weird). It could probably have something to do with the fact that it was their first album...and the first time in my life I knew I had a clear favourite band was when I heard that album front to back...so no album can duplicate that, by default, thus not really said album's fault...

11. superdupercop

superdupercop Member

I'm just...listening to All these songs right now...I'm crying. This is all I've ever wanted from Linkin Park, and a lot more. I really cannot believe it. This is how any senior in high school wants to start off his summer.

12. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

Linkin Park have done it. This is their legacy album and I'm not messing. They're in their prime right now and with this energetic and melody-powered sound, they're going to create some viscously beautiful songs. Thank you Linkin Park for bringing everyone along on your journey through alternative-nu metal-electronic-supacalifragalisticaspeladoscious-rock HISTORY. This CHANGES EVERYTHING... Too much rock for one hand. Two thumbs way up!

Except one little thing...I don't notice BBB anywhere really in the album. He must be really mute... :( maybe next album, Brad.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  13. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Castle of Glass and Until It Breaks... Holy S***. Those songs are the best on the album no doubt in my mind.

14. ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Oh so THIS is what Linkin Park is! What a fantastic album. 1-8 might be the best start to any album by any band ever.

15. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

This is so weird...you're all listening to brand new Linkin Park which is like Christmas morning for me and here I am listening to Evanescence lol...I guess trying to distract myself as I continue to try to wait 10 more days while voices in my head whisper "Do ittttt give innnnn to non-existent peer pressure"...

16. Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

The first few piano chords of ROADS UNTRAVELED remind me of enterlude by The Killers.

17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Lost in the Echo- 10/10
    In My Remains- 10/10
    Burn it Down- 9/10 (was 10/10 before hearing the rest of album, but this song is easily the worst track on it. It stands out so much as being the worst song.)
    I'll Be Gone- 10/10
    Castle of Glass- 10/10
    Victimized- 10/10 (Mike's part are so good!!!)
    Roads Untraveled- 10/10
    Skin to Bone- 10/10
    Until it Breaks- 9/10 (has its ups and downs)
    Tinfoil- 9/10 (Good for instrumental)
    Powerless- 10/10

18. CheddarTrollington

CheddarTrollington New Member

I hope I don't offend anyone on this thread but I think I'm the only one that just can't get myself to like Brad's part in Until it breaks....I don't know why I just hate it :/

19. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Has it been reposted somewhere legal yet?

20. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

^ Trollington, I c w u d t

ATS ~ LT
    MTM
    HT
    (In the abyss)
    Something never existed.

LT exceeded my expectation.