Living Things vs A Thousand Suns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Money Maker Mike, Jun 16, 2012.

?

Living Things or A Thousand Suns?

1. Living Things

68.7%
  2. A Thousand Suns

31.3%
    Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

This. This all the way. This is why I like Living Things more currently. ATS has a definite vibe and mood. A constant atmosphere. But the energy and shifting styles of LT just blows me away.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

LIVING THINGS kills ATS. Not even close!

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Album-album wise surely is ATS, but LT proved to be a very decent album too.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

ATS is a literally a SLIVER of a half of a quarter of an inch above LIVING THINGS for points of creativity and risk taking. Also because of Jornada.

That being said, LIVING THINGS is spectacular and a great album to listen to casually whereas ATS isn't really an album I can listen to on the train in the morning on the way to work...just doesn't work like that at least for me. I can see myself listening to LT on the way to work everyday.

Really really really close....I love them both.

Fusionxtreme

Fusionxtreme New Member

Living Things all the way for me. It reminds me of why I fell in love with the band in the first place. Every song strikes me as spectacular and I'm sure I'll enjoy this album for years to come. A Thousand Suns is a different story - the only way I can truly appreciate this album is as a whole. I can't pick one track off of it and go "I want to listen to that" aside from When They Come For Me and The Catalyst. It's pretty much the whole album or nothing, which I do appreciate. However, I like the fact that I can enjoy Living Things as a whole and as separate pieces as well.

Both albums are great but Living Things wins out.

Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. Living Things just feels more satisfying. A Thousand Suns was good, though. Just, I feel the same as you, I have to be in an ATS mood to listen to ATS. I don't think that will be the same for LT with me, it has bits of every approach they've ever done and each song is satisfying in it's own way. It's definitely the apex of all that is LP in my mind.
    And the lyrics!, all I can say is wow. Best lyrics I've heard from LP.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It's probably to early to tell.

Buf if I had to compare my first reaction to ATS and my first reaction to LT....

Then Living Things kicks ATS ass and nose and head and everything else.

Honestly right now, it seems like I'm gonna enjoy Living Things way more. It sounds so much more honest and "well-executed".

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

ATS. It's more sonically adventurous, the songs are easily distinguishable from each other and I like imagery more than emotive lyricism.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

How can you guys vote without letting it giving the album time to sink in, what happens if the OMG NEW LP phase wares off and you realize you don't like it as much as you thought you did.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

ATS is still up for my vote. It was one epic story leading from different point of views, it had the before, now and after songs for its topic of nuclear war. Completely organized and wide amount of songs the fans loved at first listen, but I'm not saying that I don't like LIVING THINGS, its definitely 2nd place for me, but its songs are, in my opinion, way too leveled, with the exception of LOST IN THE ECHO (too good according to fans lol) which is the only song I really hear anyone talkin about. Its not like that song alone makes up LT. Until I hear more talking revolving around other LT songs, this album can never be the best if focused on just one track

Qwerty19

Like I said, I didn't have that OMG phase with ATS, but well with LT. It's a good sign.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm assuming Minus will let LT sit before judging but I wonder what Minus would vote.

As for Me, I like LT way more than ATS. LT is my favorite LP album and already my second favorite album ever

Qwerty19

Lol maybe you should just wait a little before saying it's your second favorite album ever, don't you find :lol:

shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

ATS by far. To be honest, it's ATS>Meteora>HT>MTM>LT. Maybe this'll change soon.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Too early to tell. At this point I can say that both albums are great in their own unique ways.

TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

Well, I love every song on LIVING THINGS. It's such a complete record. I know it's early, but I'm pretty sure LIVING THINGS is my favorite album.

Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

It's really hard... I'd say LT=ATS.
    I loved so much ATS as an album, with (almost) every song connected to each other... but if we take single by single I say LT is better. I've seen many people saying LITE is the best song of the record, but to me songs like In My Remains or Roads Untraveled are better. I just love them, they almost made me cry (of joy) while listening for the first time to this album. LT has the lyrical depth of ATS and the music of all the albums together. HT+M+MTM+ATS=LT. But ATS is still an amazing piece of Art, and it's too early to say LT is better.

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns will always be my favorite album but this was still great.

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

As of right now, it's really hard for me to decide, since I love them both equally.