LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Horrible pop? I'm to page 115 and don't see that mentioned anywhere. Is it past that? Seems like almost everybody on that forum with what I've read so far love it.

Edit: I read further and see where Abed stated it. I disagree with him myself.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

ATS 2 and MTM 5 !!! :nono:

3. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

They sound alot like the songs from LPUX.

4. YKA

YKA Well-Known Member

yeah i feel that lpux vibe a little aswell. i'm totally blown away by this.

well if i think about it a little more, they kind of mixed everything they've ever done into this masterpiece. i hear old familiar things aswell as totally new directions (--> much beloved by me). just great. what i live about living things is that the songs really fit each other soundwise. i even like burn it down more now, even though i didn't really blow me away when i listened to it the first time. but together with the other songs i somehow like it more now.

it's crazy when i think about how i listened to them back in 2000 or 2001 (i dont remember when i heard hybrid theory the first time), and how they have evolved, and how i changed too ... and they've always been there, and after all these changes i still love their work - no matter if it's the old stuff or this here. i wonder if i would have liked this 12 years go ^^

sorry for the scattered words...i kind of just wrote down everything that came to my mind ;)

5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So do I, so do I...

6. sublimeric

sublimeric Member

The live performances of these tracks will make or break the album for me. The LP I love doesn't consist of guys tapping keypads or sitting at keyboards, so we'll see how the material translates live and if it sheds some of the overproduced qualities I have despised since Hybrid Theory. To me, this album sounds more like aborted LPU tracks than a proper Linkin Park studio release.

Overall...average at best. I love "Lost in the Echo" & "Burn It Down", and there are definitely some catchy parts and surprises along the way, but majorly dissapointed as of now.

7. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

i know exactly how u feel , the album is not bad but still not what i expected, could've been better, lost in the echo is a masterpiece, victimized is awesome but they killed it by making it this short....fuck these guys will never go back again! and u guys talking about grammys??!! lol they'd be lucky if it just got nominated

8. sublimeric

sublimeric Member

Yeah I don't hear any hit singles on this album, other than "Burn It Down", and I think that's just from the NBA Playoffs beating it into my head so frequently. I like the album, just don't love it like I have loved their other releases on first listen. Oh well. There will be new albums, new sounds, new directions and such down the line. Glad to see so many are enjoying this release and hope it's a huge hit for LP.

9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

10. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

loool, dude u make me laugh as fuck everytime u post one of those! :D

11. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

WHAT?

12. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

killed it by making this short? So they killed Hybrid Theory even though Hybrid Theory is amazing? That album is also 36 or 37 minutes...shut up.

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

He was talking about the length of VICTIMIZED, not the album.

14. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

then he needs to elaborate...because there are people that are upset about the album length

Anyway, to me, Powerless seems like the new Numb..idk i just feel it can be the Numb of Living Things.

15. pytt

pytt Self-proclaimed Genius

Nah, no mistakes in my post. It's just not a positive opinion like most of you. I hope that's still possible in this world and place though?

Really, this album feels like some strange throw-together of genres, even within a track it's like genres are combined in a way that just feels off. Some strange mashups.
    And then there's a build up, you're just waiting for a nice piece of Chester screams to finish it off, but then it's just an anticlimax that you end up with. (Until It Breaks)

I understand for strong fans, most things the band you're a fan of releases, eventually you will like it anyway. I have been a strong listener in the days of Hybrid Theory/Meteora and a bit after that (not just an everyday "I listen to them on the radio" listener), but after that it just became less and less interesting.

This album has quite a high demo sound to it as well in most songs.

16. Geki

Geki >.

Ok, I listened to the iTunes stream the second it was posted, and I downloaded the album shortly thereafter. I've listened to the album front to back now all day yesterday and all day today so far. I think I'm going to give me review of the album...

LITE: Amazing track. One of my favorite LP tracks of all time. Aggressive, in your fucking face, and Mike and Chester deliver on this song. Mike's raps are insane. The guitar is amazing. The chorus is one of the best melodies I've ever heard in a Linkin Park song. Chester's screaming gave my ears a hard orgasm.

IMR: Possibly my favorite track from the album. I love the moody atmosphere of the song, and I love when Mike and Chester sing ''Like an army falling one by one by one'' at the end of the song. The lyrics are deep and emotional, very heartfelt song IMO. I love it. I can see it being a strong single.

BID: No need for a review, I've reviewed it in April.

LGM: Also, no need for review, I reviewed it last month.

IBG: Very moody track as well, I love it. I love the guitar and once again, I love the lyrics. Not as strong of a melody as I thought the track would have, but I love it. Punchy chorus. I could see it being a single.

COG: One of my favorite tracks on the album. Mike absolutely kills it in this song, and so does Chester. Amazing melody. I love the eerie feel of the song. It's really catchy and dark sounding. I love the folk inspiration as well.

VICTIMIZED: Holy shit, the first time I played this song, I started punching shit in my room from the excitement and also because of how angry this song is. It makes me want to stomp someone's face in to this song. It's crazy. Crazy heavy and I LOVE Mike's verse. Wish it was longer, but still a great song.

RU: I love this song. I love the folk inspiration again as well. Mike delivers. The lyrics are really different for a LP song, but I like that about the song. Very emotional, soft, introverted song. I dig it.

STB: Not a lot of people like this one. I for one, love it. The melody is crazy catchy and the lyrics are cool. Not amazing lyrics in this one, but I still like them. It sounds like an ATS b-side which is a good thing.

UIB: Biggest gamechanger of CD for me. I love it though. My favorite verse is the verse that Mike has been rapping over WFTE. I like it better on the album than live. I love his swagger in this track. Also, Brad singing, fucking awesome. Never thought I'd hear that on a LP album in my life. Amazing. Very sleepy, weird, song. It feels like you're on drugs listening to it. Very ATS just like STB.

TINFOIL: Cool instrumental, short track though. More or less just an intro to POWERLESS. I love it. Not much to say about it.

POWERLESS: Possibly my favorite song on the album. Actually, it is. Chester's very heartfelt, emotional performance makes this song what it is. Makes me think it's about his divorce. I could cry listening to it. The chorus is strong. The verses are even stronger. I love when he starts singing ''powerless'' higher and higher at the end of the song. Makes me think if the original demo was from the MTM sessions, made it to the ATS sessions, and then was completed during the LT sessions. Great closer, not as epic as TLTGYA, but the second strongest closer.

Overall, I absolutely love this entire album. Not one bad track for me. I would say the weakest track for me is probably LGM. I liked it at first, but it feels lackluster compared to the other tracks IMO. I think this may very well be my favorite LP album, it may even beat MTM for me. It's absolutely amazing. It goes to show that LP can still make a great album without taking 3 years a cycle. Something new for LP. I can't wait to see these songs live... Thank you Linkin Park for making an amazing album. I ordered 3 copies of the album, so I paid for it. Just wanted to listen to it early, I was going crazy. Sorry Mike!

17. Zumi

Zumi Sanji-like

There is no facepalm which is epic enough for your comment
    -.-

It's just an opinion ^^
    Calm down.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  18. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I thought he was clear as to what he was referring to. :shrug:

19. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

Lost In The Echo - 10
    In My Remains - 10
    Burn It Down - 9
    Lies Greed Misery - 8
    I'll Be Gone - 9
    Castle of Glass - 8
    Victimized - 7
    Roads Untravelled - 9
    Skin to Bone - 5
    Until It Breaks - 8
    Tinfoil/Powerless - 10

The start and end of the album is simply Linkin Park's best work IN MY OPINION. After listening to the album at least 20 times, i really don't know what possessed them to put "Skin to Bone" in there. Tinfoil should have just been an introductory instrumental to Powerless, and made it one epic 5 minute song. And then they should have postponed the album and created 2 more, longer songs. Doing this would have made the album there best Record by a long way for me.

As it stands: Living Things > A Thousand Suns > Meteora > Minutes to Midnight > Hybrid Theory

20. FairandToughOnYou

FairandToughOnYou Member

Well that was great! I can't emphasize enough I LOVE this band for taking chances and improving themselves time and time again. I liked A Thousand Suns a bit better as a whole album but Living Things certainly delivers more in the songs as individual pieces rather than as a whole, which is cool too.

So yeah, these guys know what they are doing, and they are gonna keep doing it whether you love it or hate it.

Here's to progression in music,

-Dan!