Will LIVING THINGS Debut at no.1 This time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by dontFindOutMe, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Exactly! :D
    I think we can win this!

2. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

fuck every other album's release date, focus on LP. I'll help by buying three copies, gotta do this for them guys! motivation!

3. millertd0513

millertd0513 Member

First paycheck at my new job comes in this week, just in time for Living Things to come out. Oh, and would you look at that? They gave me the 26th off. Guess I'll be hitting up Hot Topic. Hopefully they have a promo like they did with ATS: buy the album, get a free LP t-shirt. That'd be nice, cause most of my LP shirts shrunk, and I grew.

Regardless, Maroon 5's new album isn't on the top 100 of iTunes albums right now. Living Things is. M5 fans and leftover Beiber fangirls whose allowance came a week late probably won't be able to stack up to the LP fanbase.

4. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Actually it is :/ but LIVING THINGS is at around 60 I think it was, and Maroon 5's album is around 80 :)

5. Stonecold

Stonecold Your Portal To Everything Cool!

LP will debut at no.1, maroon 5 sales are on a decline since they released thier third lame ass album "Hands All Over", now they're just a singles band...album wont sell.

Justin Bieber is due a week before LP, so for sure LP can beat his ass in his second week!

6. Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Maroon5 has 12.000.000 fans on fb. Linkin Park has 43.000.000 fans on fb.
    So don't say the world doesn't know about the new LP album release.

Second thing: I know a lot of people didn't like ATS and didn't buy the album. But they probably heard the new songs and are like "THEY'RE BACK". So they will buy this one.
    IMO Maroon5 won't be the problem... something called Bieber might be a bigger issue... :(

7. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who Tokio Hotel is? It's a German Boygroup, which is problably similarly popular like Justin Bieber to german girls. An album of them holds the record in German Media-Control-Charts (Album Chart) for the hardest drop in the second week (1 -> 25!). Thats because all those teenies are fanatic and they buy the album on the release date. So there's still hope that Bieber won't be a competition (sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:)

8. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

I didn't pre-order because I was unsure of whether or not I'd like it. Now that I've heard it, some of the songs have entered my favorites list. I'll be heading out to buy it on the day it comes out.

9. I Like Cheese

I Like Cheese Well-Known Member

Well the Beaver album debuts tomorrow, we'll see how sales are for it.

I checked on some random UK music seller's website and apparently LP is their number one pre-order so...

10. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

if this is not an exaggeration and is true then WOOOOW and bravo Linkin Park (w00t):bounce::kicking::clap:
    I have 100% belief this album will bring linkin park back to mainstream audience

11. luvelee

luvelee Member

Lady Gaga (Born This Way) went from selling 1.1m albums first week to 174K the 2nd week, an 84% drop.
    Taylor Swift (Speak Now) went from selling 1m albums first week to 320k in the 2nd week.
    i think bieber won't be able to sell 1million in its first week, probably around 300-500K, so i think LP can beat bieber in his second week!:awesome:

agree, i think M5 just a singles band :rolleyes:

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Justin's CD will have a strong first week, possibly a good second week but I doubt he'll be #1 both weeks, and they have no competition in Usher what-so-ever. The only competition they truly have is Maroon 5, and with Payphone (IMO one of the worst singles of 2012) doing so good I'm sure they'll have good first week numbers and then quickly decline.

My thinking... The Catalyst did well but it faded much faster than Burn It Down is fading (it's still on the top 100 on iTunes, The Catalyst was off by the release of ATS). Not to mention most reviews, shockingly, have been decent for Living Things from fans and "non" fans. Most fans I've read are pretty happy with the CD, even those who claim they "hate" Linkin Park or "got tired of them after MTM" are feeling the sound of the new CD (I'm sure someone will come back at me with a counter argument but I've seen a lot of positive things wrote about this CD so far). So, I'm hoping this all helps them and they kick Maroon 5's ass cause Living Things is the far superior album of the two. I may be biased but it's the truth.

My predictions? Both bands barely make 200K. Since CD sales are lower than ever lately (for God sakes Adam Lambert hit #1 with like 78K sold.)

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Lady GaGa sold her CD for pennies the first week and gave it away for free to anyone who purchased a cell phone at Best Buy during the first week. She bought her way to #1, everyone knows it (it would have hit #1 no matter what but she bought that record of that many sales in the first week.)

Example if needed is one you already supplied me with, Taylor Swift. She sold her CD at a normal price and no giveaways.

14. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Based on the reviews,I don't see LT debuting on on. 1

15. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

which reviews are you talking about
    so far all reviews i have seen are either positive or neutral at worst
    i can go as far as saying this might be the best reviewed linkin park album ever

16. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Current iTunes album chart (pre order albums for june 26):

37: Linkin Park, "Living Things"
    74: Maroon 5, "Overexposed"
    125: Various Artists, "MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 2 (Deluxe Version)"
    130: Pentatonix, "PTX Volume 1"
    163: Sleeping With Sirens, "If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack - EP"

17. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

Sauce? :ketchup:

18. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

COME ON EVERYONE WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALLCAPSEVERYTHING!
    LIVINGTHINGS WILL DEBUT AT NO.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't care if we "win." It's widely recognized, nationwide if not worldwide, that LP is one of the biggest "current" acts coming out of America today (with the possible exception of Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam). History will probably be kinder to them than to the likes of Justin Bieber, just as The Band is regarded as one of the seminal acts of the '60s and so many hundreds of other contemporaries who were chart-toppers aren't even remembered.

20. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I don't see the maroon 5 album even on top 100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.