LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

true! that shit cray!

2. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Well, yeah, if they make HT3, they will gain your and many others people attention back. No, don't say anything. Believe me, you will, don't try to deny that.

So, all in all, you want them to "stay true to themselves", don't "run around" and do "useless stuffs", and this is the same case for many others.

Typical.

Edit: @boldedline: "no matter what", really? Don't try to make us look like we are a bunch of fanboys who don't even have our own limit for the band. In my case, if they make HT3, I'll drop them , in other words, I won't pay as much attention as I do at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, maybe you're over-reacting, don't you? :lol:

LT might have its in-your-face moments, but he still has the right to want heavier sutff. As you have the right to never want 2 same-sounding albums. As some guys here have the right to want a folk record. As LP has the right to do it, or not to do it. He even said he loves the new stuff. I don't see what's the big deal here.

4. InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

Now that I've listened to the album a couple of times I have to say that I don't know why people would call that the best album of their career. I personally think that A 1000 suns, Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight are all waaaay more creative and just have better songs.

Lost in the Echo is a good song, Mike has a nice flow on this one. But it's not as good as some of their old material. And obviously it is trying to be something like their old stuff.

In my Remain is catchy as fuck, but that's it.

Burn it Down is boring as it has a boring structure, weak lyrics and it sounds a bit rushed to me.

Lies, Greed, Misery has so much potential but the bridge ruins the song, there's nothing special about it. Chester goes on screaming the lyrics of the bridge, screaming the lyrics of the chorus and thats it. They could have been more creative there. Anyways, there are a lot of songs on this album that seem rushed. Don't know if they were lazy when it came to writing nice bridges or alternative parts.

I'll be gone has worst chorus they ever wrote. Feels like my ears are bleeding out when I listen to this song. It's like they wrote a parody of themselves here

Castle of Glass is amazing, I can feel this one. They still can write good songs, sometimes.

Victimized is at least a surprise. I like it but it's not Linkin Park at their best.

Roads Untraveled starts off great but the WHOOAAAAAA ruins it for me. That's just so lazy again.

Skin to Bone goes with AAAAAAHHHHH instead of WHHHHOAAAAA. The beginning of the song is great though.

Until it Breaks is nice. They risk something with the song and Brad seems to be a good singer.

Tinfoil and Powerless make a good song. There's nothing bad about it but also nothing awesome.

So, that's just my opinion. I just expected more of the album but this is just a letdown to me. The album has good moments but after MtM and A thousand Suns it's disappointing.

5. CloserStep

CloserStep Ash to ashes, dust to dust

I just feel sorry for those that don't like it (not in a condescending way). I hate hearing an album for the first time and being disappointed, and as much as you want to like it you can't. ATS was like that for me, dont get me wrong, I love it now, but at first it was a major buzzkill. I'm just thankful that I really dig their evolution now, LT is probably my favourite LP album :D

6. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Not exactly that new.

Major Buzzkill!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  7. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

BOOORRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG. UNTIL IT BREAKS all up in that shit.

8. CloserStep

CloserStep Ash to ashes, dust to dust

Major Buzzkill!
    [​IMG]

Colonel Stuck-in-my-teeth

9. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Or that. The beat and everything in general about that third verse just exudes confidence and sounds all round awesome. Second verse sounds a bit too echo-y for my liking.

But I don't know why they chose the most mediocre song of the entire album as their first single.

10. Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I LOOOOOOOVE Until It Breaks. Def my favorite song.

11. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

To dumb down people expectation, as well as pull new fans into tha trap because of its catchy nature.

Mean while, I'm quite surprise that my mom like UNTIL IT BREAKS, considering about her love for music is almost 80s English songs (most of them are pop) or our old Vietnamese music.

12. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

I think Tinfoil should be a single!

13. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I don't think it's the best song in the album ever, but I consider it to be a statement. It's the band saying "remember when we said this album would be a mix of everything we did before? we weren't kidding."

14. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

I, too, have been with Linkin Park since the beginning. I saw them (and met them) back in early fall of 2000. I was OBSESSED with them for a good two years, but mind you, I was 13. I still get a kick out of Hybrid Theory even though it feels pretty immature as a record at this point. They fell by the wayside for me after Meteora simply because the album was too obvious and inconsequential. I was in college by the time MtM came out, and I was pretty damn impressed with some of the tracks, but as a whole, it felt like there wasn't enough to call myself a fan. However, somehow they brought me full circle with ATS. The album had such a striking maturity to it at times and it also felt courageous for a band that made One Step Closer.

This album doesn't have the depth that I found in ATS, but it's still a band at their prime. Not all of the tracks speak to me this time around, but I can hear and appreciate what they are trying to do with each. I would be so disappointed if they regressed to the HT style simply because that would be FAR too easy for a band that has proven themselves adept at so many styles.

15. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

Thank you qwerty19 atleast someone is on my side on this.

16. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

My Re-Done ratings/short review:

Lost In the Echo- 10/10. Epic opening track, some of the best raps ever from Mike in my opinion.
    In My Remains- 10/10. Chester's voice is very powerful here. Like an army falling one by one by one is such a beautiful line
    Burn it Down-10/10. Moved it Back to a 10/10 cause thats what I had it at before the cd was out, and no reason to make it lower even if it is one of the worst songs on the cd.
    Lies Greed Misery- 10/10. The aggressiveness of this track is awesome
    I'll Be Gone- 10/10. Sounds Like a Dead By Sunrise track, which is not a problem, especially because it sounds better than all DBS songs. To me it sounds like a DBS song done completely right.
    Castle of Glass- 10/10. Before the Cd came out I was getting worried if I wouldn't like it, but CoG ended up being the best song on the album to me! That folky vibe mixed with LP vibe brings a great connection to the song. The lyrics are some of the best on the album and some of the best they have ever created in my opinion.
    Victimized- 10/10. Very short but epic none the less
    Roads Untraveled- 10/10. Mike's singing is amazing, the lyrics speak to your soul, and it is put together beautifully.
    Skin to Bone- 10/10. the delivery and flow, the lyrics, the sound. everything make it amazing.
    Until it Breaks- worst song on the album, but can't decide what to rate it. I hate mike's part but Chester's part is amazing and Brad's part is some of the best on the whole cd. So conflicted. 9/10. I guess
    Tinfoil- 9/10. good for an instrumental
    Powerless- 10/10. not the best closer but good closer, very powerful song and lyrics.

17. wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

You´re in fan girl mode right now
    LT is good but not that good

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've been seeing this around a lot lately so I need to say it: listening to the leak of an album doesn't make you any less of a fan. It's also not disrespectful or thankless to listen to a leak, if you have already pre-ordered the album and also have the full intention of purchasing it on release date.

I for one have promoted the pre-order to all my friends, LPA itself has gotten the band over 50 preorders, and I've ordered the album, plus resolved myself to buying it on release. I've gone without sleep some nights working on stuff for the album release, and all of my freetime gets directed towards working on the LPA.

So no, just because I "failed a challenge" doesn't make me less of a fan. Considering I'm still listening to the album with friends on release, I'm still partaking in what Mike asked me to do and I'm still giving the band my hard earned money instead of stealing their music.

So some of these people attacking those who listened to the leak need to grow up. We're all fans, and shouldn't need to do things to prove our fandom. This rant isn't directed towards anyone, or written on behalf of LPA...its just my own personal opinion and how I feel.

19. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

This is the main reason I held off on preordering. Yes I'm missing out on the remixes, but I have to take my shoes off to count the times that I've double, triple, quadruple purchased albums, because they slowly feed you the goods then introduce something crazier. MTM for example they had the LPTV preorder, iTunes preorder to get the bonus track, regular edition, fan edition, deluxe edition (with book). I ended up buying that shit 5 times!

Mike tweeted before BiD was released that there would be special edition news, then deleted the tweet, most likely to boost LPLT share to earn presale totals. In the next couple days I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of Best Buy/ Walmart Special Edition featuring tons of uber cool shit.

20. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I'm a dude, so no, I'm not. And yes I believe it is that good. It's the 2nd best album I have ever heard.