LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

The beginning of Lost In The Echo sounds like it belongs in a Mega Man video game. Am I right??? :WTF:

2. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Who is that girl? She's hot!

3. Dissociative

Dissociative Well-Known Member

album is definitely growing on me - I can actually "feel" the music now

tip: don't listen to music for 2 entire days then listen to the album in a different space/through different mediums; your new perspective will allow you to fully absorb the music.

4. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

22193165.jpg

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

While I made a post a page back complaining about the people bitching at those who listened to the leak, I will give the following suggestion: If you haven't downloaded the leak yet, don't do it now. Copying a post I've made elsewhere (with some slight changes):

After testing the leak in my sound system, I've realized how bad a representation of the album the rip really is. The balance is off between the L/R channels, there's a ever so slight amount of static present, and the dynamics aren't quite "right". Since it's a rip from a "stream", there are some details missing from the music that wouldn't be gone if the rip was a legit FLAC from the CD, or if you had the CD itself.

In essence, what you're hearing (while still amazing) is a cheapened version of what the final product will actually sound like. I cannot stress enough, as much as I feel comfortable with myself for listening to the leak: if you haven't done it yet, save it. This album deserves to be heard in the highest quality possible.

6. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Okay I've been waiting to say this and I cannot wait any longer. LIVING THINGS is masterful in all that it accomplishes and I am going to address some of the complaints or issues people seem to be having with it.
    -First for those who don't find LITE great what is wrong with you? LP are the only band ever to crack the code on rap rock this is due to there being two vocalists, what Mike and Chester do only they ever figured out no other band has and perhaps never will. So with that said LITE was clearly made as a reminder to the old fans and their record label that they no how they got everyone's attention back 12 years ago,the call and response that Mike and Chester have always has been MAGIC! And to hear that old approach with such intensity and a brilliant fresh hook just reminds the entire world of music how special LP is because for along time now they left behind that style and will likely never fully return to it. LITE is really the only song on the new album that really sounds like its from way back LGM has an old familiar vibe but meant to sound fresh and different but LITE takes you back and that's truly special because no one has made music like that before LP or since because there will never be another Mike and Chester EVER! The rest of the music world should always be grateful that LP tired of the formula they perfected because this song will be a MASSIVE hit and if they had always been making nu-metal you can bet few rock bands wouldve ever got a chance to make waves because of LP's dominance.I always love to hear new territory like COG but whenever LP wants to give us rap rock I will always take it because it's magical.
    -To fans saying that the"whoa ohs" on RU and the "ah ah ahs" on STB are lazy then you clearly don't appreciate the emotion of music. Sure you could put lyrics there but it wouldn't add anything to the beauty of the music it's self, it's like scatting in Jazz sometimes their aren't words for getting across raw emotion but "Whoas" and "Ah ahs" say so much more than words ever could.

I could go on and on but I'll save that for another time simply put people who don't appreciate how diverse and superb LIVING THINGS is are not expanding on what music is as an artform. LP are their own genre always have been nobody else in music has ever mastered so many forms of music and LP are always evolving and making music better for it.

LIVINGS THINGS IS THE BEST LP ALBUM TO DATE & ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER MADE!

7. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Living things is just fantastic. I have a great time listening on and on.
    Oh man this won't get old for me. Castle of glass, powerless and roads untravelled are songs that get stuck in my head so easily.

But i also have that with burn it down.

Lost in the echo is amazing. With some expirimental tracks through that. front to end listening is great.

MASTERPIECE!! HAIL LP!

8. Requiem1394

Requiem1394 Well-Known Member

This has really been setting in for me as I try to re-listen. While I feel I can accurately judge lyrics and melody now, so much of what made ATS great for me was the richness and fullness of the mix. A good pair of headphones makes a WORLD a difference. I eagerly await a proper listen of the whole album.

9. elcappucino

elcappucino Like that.

Still haven't listened to the album and this gives me much more motivation to not give in! Thank you Derek!

10. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Pretty much the main reason I haven't cracked yet.

11. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

To Derek and others: the FLAC has been out a while and playing it in a car stereo blew my freakin' mind.

12. Derek

Shadester, that FLAC is fake. It's a transcode of the iTunes stream. Sure it may sound 'clearer' to your ears, but I can guarantee you it didn't come from the CD directly. I know this because it's the version I made the post about above. It's a re-encode of the iTunes stream.

However; with Japan getting LIVING THINGS today, I'm sure a real leak will be out by tomorrow. As a reminder though, we'll insta-ban anyone who posts the leak on our boards.

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's not a fake as much as it is a better quality rip altogether. It IS admittedly better. Just not the CD rip.

14. Derek

What I meant is that to me it's not a 'genuine' FLAC as a FLAC is usually a direct rip from the CD itself, or in essence a 'lossless format' with no compression to the audio at all. By transcoding the stream (which in itself is a lossy source due to being compressed for streaming purposes) to FLAC, it's practically a waste of the format because even if it's a brilliant rip, it's still not a direct from CD source.

That's why I called it fake. Sure it's a 'better quality rip', but it's misleading to say it's from the CD when the CD will be leaps and bounds above it in terms of audio quality. Infact, I listened to the one leak and I'm done. I'm holding out from listening to any other "encodes", and picking up the CD on release date.

15. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Until It Breaks is gonna be such a boss after the CD quality is available.

That fucking bass.

16. hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

This album might be their best.

I gave in and listened to Until It Breaks, LITE, and Victimized.

17. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

iTunes is now streaming the album again at least in the USA.

18. dgd138

dgd138 Active Member

It won't work for me, it got into "In My Remains" and then just stopped. Whenever I reload the stream, it just stops after 10 seconds of playing and its really fustrating lol. Anyone else having this problem?

19. LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

It's doing the same thing for me but during the intro of Lost In The Echo.

20. dgd138

dgd138 Active Member

hmmm. Is there anyone who isn't having this problem? Just so I know its not the stream and something with my computer? This nearly ruined my first listen to living things. I had to listen to it elsewhere in low quality :/ couldn't just stop after hearing LITE