LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dgd138

dgd138 Active Member

I wish there was some insight into why, for some of us, the stream stops playing randomly...

2. Fernando Nuñez

Fernando Nuñez Well-Known Member

so the final version of the album sounds more powerfull than the leak? :shinado:

3. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

The retail version of the CD has been out since this morning. ;) Bless the scene.

4. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

lol at some of the comments on the bands link they posted again on Facebook for the itunes stream...haters gonna hate

5. Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

Nice rating. But I haven't listened to Living Things yet and I'm sure it's better than M2M & ATS.

6. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Tis true. Good job. None of Us failed if we never started to take part. I like that

7. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

My short review of the album

*Lost in the Echo -- 10/10 - A perfect mix of old LP's high energy with their new electronica style. Can't go wrong with Mike rapping as fast - if not faster - than on "Faint" ... Probably their best song in the last decade. Very radio friendly.

*In My Remains -- 9/10 - See above. Chester takes this song and makes it his own. It then switches up with a "catalyst" twist of a bridge where Mike takes over. Great rhythm and should be a single.

Burn It Down -- 8/10 - A good mix and an excellent first single.

Lies Greed Misery -- 8/10 - Previews got it right. Classic LP with a hint of electro-dubstep.

I'll Be Gone -- 7/10 - Great intro/beat with soft vocals from Chester. The chorus sounds very similar to "New Divide"

*Castle of Glass -- 8.5/10 - High praise for LP for doing something so unique and diverse. One of the strongest songs on the album has Mike singing 2/3's of the song. Has a folk-ish feel to it.

Victimized -- 7.5/10 - This song definitely caught me off guard. A heavy punk-rock inspired song that has Chester screaming "Never again victimized" with Mike spitting his rap. A little short and awkward but very raw.

*Roads Untraveled -- 9.5/10 - Aside from LITE, this is the best track on the record. The best way I could describe it is what "In Between" should have been, mixed with "House of the Rising Sun" from The Animals.

Skin To Bone -- 7/10 - Not much to say about this track. A little repetitive that has a Ricky Martin/Pendulum feel to it.

Until It Breaks -- 7.5/10 - Mike starts off rapping similar to WTCFM but a little harder and "gangster" ... Second verse is where he really shines. The ending features Brad singing, which was nice. You can definitely tell this song was made up of 3 smaller songs.

Tinfoil + *Powerless -- 9/10 - A great way to end the album. Tinfoil is a great little interlude and Chester sings Powerless beautifully.

LIVING THINGS - 85%
    While I honestly believe "A Thousand Suns" to be Linkin Park's best work, Living Things grabs you by the neck from the first song and attacks you with energy, diversity, fluidity and maturity. It may not be the "statement" album that we are all waiting for, but it perfectly blends elements from the bands past and present - This album will definitely be talked about.

* = Must listens/Potential singles.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  8. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Well, looks like everyone on LPA has failed Mike's challenge.

9. Blake

Read what Snackman wrote

10. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Nobody took it.

11. Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I didn't fail, I bought the physical CD and listened to the album on the release day, today in Australia :p

12. Blake

what he said. we didn't take the challenge so we can't fail it

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

You're doing that thing where you generalize the LPA into one category. There's been a good chunk of people waiting until release day to listen to the album and there's still plenty waiting until next week. Also, most of them are doing it because it's what they always do, not because someone asked them to and certainly not because of some "challenge".

Am I the only person who honestly doesn't give two shits about how someone chooses to listen to the album, or when? :lol:

14. SuperDude526

OK, cool. LPA needs to chill. Jesus.

15. Joe

I honestly have no idea why you're being so condescending, especially when you've listened to the album yourself. I mean, what kind of response did you expect when you tell people they have "failed"? I seriously have no clue what you were trying to say or do in your original post, then to tell people to "chill" when people reply to you with the most calm responses ever, yeah. Makes sense.

16. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

I took the challange. Going to listen to it in a few weeks actually. When my physical album is going to be in my hands.
    I have to agree. But Mikes challange gave me more motivation to do it tbh.

17. LAMY

LAMY Professional Lurker

I have waited my CD to listen it, I received it a couple of hour ago, note that I am in France and the album come's out the 25 here.
    The album is one of the best, probably the best.
    My favorite songs are LITE, IN MY REMAINS, VICTIMIZED, and others but if a enumarate them all the whole album will be cited :shinado:

18. SuperDude526

Some laughs maybe? You're the one who sounds offended.

19. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

I did.

^That's me! I would have done it anyway, but having Mike ask me to do it makes it easier. :awesome:

20. Joe

:sheldon: