Your views on Reanimation

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ragsta

ragsta Well-Known Member

Krwlng, 1Stp Klosr and P5hng Me A*wy are simpy masterpieces and I've listened to them as much as I've listened to the original versions (maybe even more).

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

I loved the hiphop versions of Forgotten and In The End. And the remix of Pushing Me Away was brilliant. I just love every interpretation of that song..

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I really like it, and I wouldn't argue people who said it's one of their best. The way the songs were deconstructed and put back together in such a creative way really made it different.

KRWLNG is one of my fav songs of all time, and the rendition of Pushing Me Away and By Myself are some of the best. And even some songs create that rough wall-of-sound and atmosphere in them (in my opinion), like a few said around here, it was ahead of its time, and at some points in terms of sound you could compare it to ATS, but of course Reanimation has heavy hip hop influences as opposed to ATS.

It's a great album, and I count it as studio album rather than a mere remix album, because the majority of the songs had variations on their lyrics and different build-ups, so it's like writing them all over again.

kwill

kwill Well-Known Member

An incredible album musically. What they should have done write new original songs and release it as a studio album, instead of a remix album. That would have been the smarter move.

I wish I had the instrumetnals for Reanimatation, but I don't know where to get them or make them.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

No, there is a difference. Hip hop is aggressive. Hip hop has more flow. Rap is just rhyming in quick secession. They used rappers who I believe suck. I'm not classifying based on who or what I like. I'm classifying it on what it is. They used shitty rappers who didn't fit with the music.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Indeedity.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

That's some grade-A bullshit you pulled out of your ass. This statement has no basis in fact and there is no documentation that makes that distinction. People who say, "I don't like rap, but I do like hip-hop," are either insecure in their appreciation for the genre or backpackers who feel the need to distance themselves from the mainstream while doing nothing that actually does. The rapper who goes on and one and on about how there's nothing good on the radio is as one-dimensional as your average trap-rapper.

"Hip-hop is more aggressive." By that definition, Waka Flocka Flame is a more authentic emcee than Lupe Fiasco. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Because you listen to a bit of the Pharcyde, that makes you a connoisseur? You're clueless.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    theycallmepraya

theycallmepraya $w∆gg3r.

Yeah, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Get your facts straight.

First off if you're talking genre wise Hip hop is not agressive. Hip hop is smooth and soulful. It has a more jazz inspired feel to it. Some hip hop can get agressive, but the general rule of thumb is calm and cool. Rap is agressive. Both can have a little bit of each in them. Some times you get smoother raps, but Rap is definitely the more agressive of the two. Rap is what you hear on the radio like Meek Millz, Big Sean, Rick Ross, Kanye etc etc. Now...

Pharoahe Monch, Black Thought and the guy from Jurrasic 5 are all largely respected HIP HOP artists. Black Thought is the front man for the Roots which is possibly the most well respected, musically talented, non-selling out hip hop act out right now. Any body who claims to know hip hop and has a half a brain will tell you these guys are legends in their own right. And that's not opinion that's fact that the entire Hip Hop community would support.

So really you are just going off your opinion for the most part.

Anyways, up until ATS this album was my famous. I felt like they were doing then what they do now. They had this blueprint of songs and they asked themselves how they could make it better and they did that with reanimation. I think they made most of their songs more interesting. Crawling is the perfect example of that. They took a dope song and made it fucking balls out epic. All the intro's and intermissions leading to that point gave you this dope build off and hearing the final product was sucha good pay off. It is a little more hiphop/rap heavy which I can understand how that may be a turn off to some.

But it's definitely not just "another remix album." They treated it like an actual album. They didn't just take some bullshit new verses and uninspired beats and call it a day. They chose certain songs. They had an overall theme and matching soundscape that every song pretty much stuck too and the reinvented almost every track and kept all the memorable parts of every song and surrounded them with equally as great moments. Only song I really didn't care for was High Voltage. Other than that, the rest was fire. Definitely a underrated work that the world wasn't ready for by them. Only product that has been able to come close to that sound since was ATS.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

REANIMATION is a masterpiece along with A THOUSAND SUNS....

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

ok whatever, personal classifications aside. The rap sucks. It doesn't fit with the music. It just sounds awkward. Whatever the fuck you want call it, it shouldn't be there. Or it should've been made to fit better.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Weird thing is Crawling is LP's most annoying song in my opinion but KRWLNG is fucking incredible

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

When I'm watching an LP show on stream or whatever, everytime they sing One Step Closer I always sing the "blood is pouring" part when Chester says "shut up", it's a small detail but it makes the song much better to me, they should reincorporate that into the shows, it's just a line -or add the whole bridge like in LIT-.

DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

Accidentally better than Hybrid Theory. The remix label allows the band to play with their radio-friendly formula, producing more intriguing sounds and a greater variety of structure. The electro-pop crunch of "Pushing Me Away," the epic string build of "Crawling," and the quietly searing middle verse of "One Step Closer" as performed by Jonathan Davis. Not all of the tracks work (the remix of "In the End" feels too self-conscious), but there's a real pleasure to be gained from the free-associative interludes, instrumentals, and volleys from hip-hop to electronica to stadium rock. Props also go to Shinoda for contracting everyone from Pharoah Monche to Aceyalone to Chali 2Na, whose verse on "Forgotten" might be the highlight of the album.

A-

[I refuse to type out the leet-speak names for the songs.]

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I have to agree with Pidg. Some of the guest vocalists on the record have no musical talent whatsoever.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

I really enjoy Reanimation. I loved it when it came out, and I still find it a great listen. I never really listen to it all the way through because some of the remixes flat-out just aren't good. The remixes of In The End and High Voltage come to mind immediately.

But there are some great tracks on here, and I think it offers a fresh take on Hybrid Theory, albeit a more electronica and rap take on it. It also foreshadows a lot of what LP are trying to do now sound-wise.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I just don't like it that much. Krwlng and 1 Stp Klosr are exceptions. Anyway, I've never been a huge fan of it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

One of my favourite Linkin Park releases. Ever. Had as much of an impact on me as "Hybrid Theory" did and I'm still quite amazed by it to this day :) One of the reasons I love it so much is that it's one of many examples of Linkin Park going above and beyond what's expected of them; at that time, the benchmark for remixes wasn't terribly high and I doubt anyone was expecting anything like what "Reanimation" turned out to be. I guess things aren't much different today.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

You can love it or hate it, but Reanimation is a masterpiece...
    And I believe it wasn't produced by Mike, because he is not on that level and his style is completely different than the style of Reanimation. And when you see the way LP makes songs ("lets try this... lets see what rhymes with this..."), I'm pretty sure it wasn't done by them. I bet it was done by some ghost-writers hired by Warner to cash-in on HT's popularity.
    But that's just me
    /fire at will/

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:blink:

Peeper

Peeper Well-Known Member

That's it.

For me it's a great piece. As for Pushing me away, I prefer that remix version than the original one, for me it's a pitty they didn't play this version live since Texas 2003, there's always only the same piano version all the time. 1st klosr is awesome, I can imagine it as a soundtrack song for some "deephollyshittheywillkillusall!" movie.

:ditto:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.