Until It Breaks (in general)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Jul 9, 2012.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I was really let down by the ending of this song. After such a heavy rap intro and second verse I feel like they completely let the song down at the end. I'm not hating on Brad's part, I think it is great they included his singing. I was exepcting a rap ending with a BOOM! End of song feel to it. Am I the only one that feels this way?

RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

I feel the same way

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't. Until It Breaks isn't my favourite song from LT, and I think that Brad's voice is very relaxing, and sung beautifully. I think UIB are more songs combined into one, and Brad ended it perfectly.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I think Brad's part at the end kind of guts the song for me. It took me a while to embrace Chester's part (it seemed so ridiculously random and out of place) and I like it now, but Brad's just feels weird. Mike is just absolutely killing on that song, and I just don't think that was the right way to end it. It's not a bad part and probably would have done well on its own elsewhere - but not at the end of "Until It Breaks." Not for me, anyway.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I get what you mean and I kind of feel the same way - at the same time, "Breaks" is my favourite song on the album so, obviously, I can't say I'm too disappointed. A more bombastic would have been great but I'm fairly okay with what's there :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I kinda agree with your point, it should have an extended outro who lived up to the rap parts.
    But i still like the song alot, one of the best songs from LT in my opinion

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It's the best song off Living Things. ;)

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I can't get into the song period. It's too jumbled it, with it being made up of a bunch of different seeds. I just don't think it flows well enough, and the beat could be way better. W&K, now THAT has a dope ass beat.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

I adore everything until Brad's part. Mike went off lyrically, Chester came in with a cute little mood changing interlude of sorts, and the end just....doesnt do the song justice.

Anthony Maroon

Anthony Maroon Well-Known Member

To me, everything about Until It Breaks works perfectly. I absolutely love the transitions. The contrast between Mike and Brad really works for me here; it feels like Brad's part is sort of a "letting you down easy" outro after Mike's intense rapping.

I also feel like it serves as a great lead-in from the rest of the album to Tinfoil, which leads in nicely to Powerless.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Disjointed, confused, and muddled. Nothing melds. The song literally sounds like three different demos played one after another as opposed to one complete singular piece of work.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Brad's part nearly fucked up the song for me the first time I heard it.

But Mike Shinoda's rapping was sooooo epic that Until It Breaks will always be crowned as my favorite song on LIVING THINGS.

The production on that song is second-to-none.

StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

Mike's rapping on this song is some of his best work IMO. However I don't like Chester or Brad's parts...they just don't fit. I also wish there would've been a better beat behind Mike, cause TBH the only reason I like the song is because of the rapping.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I would have been disappointed if they brought the rap back. As sick as the rap was it just felt right to end one the same. . . Emotion, I guess.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I constantly wonder whether they should have kept the 4 demoes completely separate and released them as such on the album. It would make them more or less interludes. Change around their positions on the track list and you'd have some very interesting moments between songs.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Pfft..I don't know what some of you are smoking but "Until it Breaks" is one of the best things off the album and of LP's entire catalog. And Brad's part at the end is inspired and beautiful. :awesome:

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I love every movement in the Until it Breaks, especially Brad's part. I definitely wouldn't have wanted them to end the song with Mike's rap or something predictable like that. That'd be boring.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I like the song a lot, including the sung parts. I don't think the intention of this song is to "flow smoothly", even the rap verses have some asymmetry to them by the addition of the off-timed backing vocals, which made the song very confusing to me during the first listening, but I started to asimilate it and enjoy the rhythm very quickly and I think it's a great song.

I love Brad's part actually, and even though a more powerful ending wouldn't have hurt, I liked this breakdown and it gives a nice transition to TINFOIL. I wouldn't change it.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I boosted the bass on the song and removed Brad's part, OMG HAX

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think it's taken a bit of time for everyone who's heard it to adjust. I know I liked the song just fine when I first heard it but was a little iffy about the outro :)