Until It Breaks (in general)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Jul 9, 2012.

Geki

Geki >.

Definitely one of my favorite songs on the album. I love everything about it. I didn't expect all the Hybrid Theory purists to understand or like this track, I'm not surprised by all of the hate. I love the originality.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't think all of the people who don't like this track are necessarily Hybrid Theory purists :lol: .. The song is kinda odd, weird, so it's understandable that some people don't get used to it or it just won't click with them.. I had to listen to it a few times to get it into my system, fortunately I ended up loving it but that won't always be the case for everyone..

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I love it. I actually wish they'd ended the album with Until It Breaks. Brad's part with the serene sounds and the seagulls, just sounds like a great way to close out the album.

StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

Link? Or PM me or something? I'd really like to hear that

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:rastamike: This is how I imagine Mike on this song.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Actually, it's one of the tracks that remember me the most of HT on the record. :p More than, for example, I'll Be Gone or IMR. The structure is not the same, I know, it's all about the vibe/atmosphere for me.

Filip

I don't see how it can remind you of HT. It's nothing like HT.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Obviously it's nothing like HT, structure wise, and instrumentally. I said it, it's all about the vibe of the track. I don't know, that 90-rap feel, the beat, there's a thing that make me think of songs like High Voltage or the And One Rap outro, or even By Myself. There aren't heavy guitars, screamings, the structure is not the same at all....I know all of this. I can't even explain correctly why it remembers me of HT, but it does :lol:

Filip

There is that 90's rap feel, but the production is weak, and Hybrid Theory was all about crazy raps, amazing screams and awesome lyrics, but on UIB it's just :rastamike: and a sung outro.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Mike's verses keep re-playing in my head, which is an amazing thing...

Anyways, no disrespect meant by this, but when I first heard the song, I was all "Holy ADD, LP!" It seemed like the song couldn't focus on what it wanted to be. I can now see that the "breaks" in the flow are jarring. For me, it's kind of a play on words. The track plays like an old school rap track only to get broken up by expirimentation. It's like a bird hatching out of a shell.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

one of my favourite tracks from living things but that's cos i enjoyed mike's rapping. The 2 things i don't get was chester and brad's vocal in that track..it just don't sound nice together...Brad's vocal should be in another song or sth and he sang it so well :D

Roughneck

Roughneck Banned

Why do some feel the production is weak? Mike is rapping over a 'hip-hop' beat not a 'rap' beat with high piano keys and synths. The beat behind Mikes second verse before Chester's chorus is the most intense energy I've ever felt in a Linkin Park song. Its a different intensity, more swagger than angst, but I found the production very impressive.

However I agree, Brad's part does kind of ruins the song. I love the part itself, but it doesn't fit with Mike's mean verses.

RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

The first verse has one of the best beats I've ever heard (I'm a hip hop fan) those drums are insane, wish the entire track was that way :(

Babali

Babali Well-Known Member

Alright, I tried to click Multi-quotes for this but they don't seem to be working or they'll all just appear above this?

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that the song sounds disjointed, like demos thrown together, and I don't like Brad's part at the end. It sounds really safe to me.

I said in another thread that it sounds like an odd ATS outtake, a ton of experimenting going on but it's just awkward sounding to me because I'd like at least one part to repeat or something maybe, it just moves too randomly and quickly through the song. I think it sounds the most b-sidey, I guess.

brianlp01

brianlp01 Well-Known Member

Love this song because it's not the typical song formation and it sounds like three songs in one with a random part from Chester. Absolutely live it.

Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

UNTIL IT BREAKS for me is fantastic. The experimentation. The dysrhythmia. The surprise that each second provides, that appears in the next verse. As pieces of different styles, rhythms had been molded to fit superbly. And contrary to the idea suggests, it doesn't became a kind of Frankenstein monster, but a living icon of what can be defined as "Hybrid Theory".

I must admit it took some time to enjoy it, but when it happened, my mind was enveloped in its membrane osmotic of innovation. Sure, talking about Linkin Park aspects.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

[​IMG]

GVJLIMA

GVJLIMA Ammo Racking You !

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

This song was interesting. After first listening to the album, Lies Greed Misery and Until It Breaks were the two that I didn't care for. Lies Greed Misery hasn't grown on me much, and probably never will. However, Until It Breaks grew on me a ton. It's definitely got some swag to it, and very interesting elements. Brad's part is a little slow, and putting it at the end more often than not results in me just skipping to Tinfoil at that part.

Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

The ending is why I love this song, it makes it unique