LIES GREED MISERY Live

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jul 12, 2012.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

So... I finally got around to watching the second day that Linkin Park was on Jimmy Kimmel Live and something that I saw/heard when I saw the LIVING THINGS concert in the movie theater stuck with me... I am not sure why, but it seems like LIES GREED MISERY is missing something when it is played live. It just seems kind of empty. I know this may be a shock to some of you that I'm making a negative-ish comment towards the music, but don't get me wrong, I still love the studio version of the track. What are your thoughts on this? Am I the minority with this thought?

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The only one I've seen live is from rock am ring and it seemed dead on.

Hybrid

Maybe the levels are off... It seemed like the music wasn't loud enough...

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Yeah, I mean it wasn't super bassy if that's what your talking about.

Hybrid

That could be it... It just didn't seem as full as it does on the finished track.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Idk man

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Agreed, I thought it sounded even better live with the guitar leading the track. But yeah, I think it's that lack of booming electronic bass-yness that might give it that empty feeling you're talking about.

P.s.: Love the sig.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I hate how Brad is just standing there, dancing during the chorus, pressing some buttons during the verses, and Mike is playing the guitar on the chorus. On LGM, Brad should play the guitar. Chester also isn't really singing the screaming part in the end so great. :/

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Rock Am Ring wasn't too bad - but I agree. Especially with the performance at Jimmy Kimmel Live, it was really empty-sounding. It sounded like there was a whole loud ambiance and bass that was missing. Maybe their levels were off for that performance or just that it was broadcasted poorly. Honestly I feel as though that's the case with most Linkin Park performances because I don't think they're that good of a live performance.

But then again, I've never seen them live. I think their sound gets lost when it's recorded.

mlg556

mlg556 Member

I'd say the problem is the mixing :D Vocal's are just too high comparing the rest of the track :D Also,it might be about Chester :D He sings really good,but in LGM,the chorus is too fast so actually "sing" live,its like rapping :D In the album version,Chester recorded it a few times,you know,he didn't sang the whole chorus at once.He sang fisrt line in one recording and second in the other,for example :D it's the same with the last screaming chorus,it's too fast to scream :D but he does his best :D

The song is at it's best at "Rio+Social",but it smells edited :D like the AOL performance on 2007 :D

@jasonmarks - I think you're being unfair to Brad :D He's playing the main melody of the song,not just "pressing some keys" :D also,he doesn't play in the verses,that's phoenix :D Brad plays the chorus and the bridge part :D

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

mlg556, please don't double (or triple) post. Just edit your first post with more text if needed. If you want to respond to someone then click the quote button under that person's post. Alternatively, you can multi-quote more than one person by clicking the multi-quote button under each post you wish you respond to and then clicking "Reply to Thread" at the bottom of the page.

I've edited all your posts into one post.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Someone seems happy.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I guess the only way to find out if LIES GREED MISERY truly sounds great live is hearing it on the arena itself... Though I've never been to an LP concert or will in the near future, I think that would be the most reasonable way to tell. Heck, every "sound engineer" fixes the levels the way they want for every broadcast and they end up making a mess most of the time.

I liked the Rock in Rio performance, I would have to watch RaR and Berlin to see if there's a significant difference, I have both concerts in my HDD but I'm just too lazy to watch :lol:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

From my experience with a live concert, the bass is always removed in a broadcast TV setting. However as for the actual LGM performance, I love it. I think they hit it dead on. The Jimmy Kimmel was a little off, but the Rio and TV concert performances were perfect. Chester did stop screaming the end on the latest performance which was a bit disappointing but understandable.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

The synths get Lost in the Echo :rolleyes:.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Would you prefer Shinoda be triggering samples off a MASCHINE while rapping during the verses?

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I think most of their broadcast performances are pretty bad when it comes to levels. I've seen them live, they sound REALLY good live. I'm not even talking about actual performance, just soundwise, its pretty amazing. It makes me wonder why some bands sound so bad live if Linkin Park can sound so good.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Haha thanks, speaking of which maybe Lp just all their instruments on fire during LGM the song will seem less empty :p

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'd prefer Joe doing the samples, Mike rapping, and Brad playing the guitar. I mean, my dad watched one performance, and he was like: ''What the fuck is their guitarist doing?''

Hybrid

Except that he's not just the "guitar player" anymore. In the booklet, they stopped putting a job title behind their names years ago...