LP Underground Twelve CD: Thoughts and predictions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by bullettrain, Jul 10, 2012.

1. This.

2. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Well, the band already listened to the fans. I mean many of us wanted to hear "that song from the Lockout" or "that short song from the Making of Meteora" or the first version of Esaúl from the Frat Party DVD. Or a Xero-era demo. And we got Slip, Program, Esaúl, Coal, Stick And Move. And I think we should be happy that they release a LPUCD every year.

3. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

We'll get a bad quality HT demo, a bad MTM soft demo and a bad remix.. Then 4-5 instrumentals.

4. arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

This is why the band should stop listening to the fans because no matter what they do, the fans will still feel entitled and ungrateful. Not saying you are, but this post has the making of it.

5. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

"Pictureboard" is to Linkin Park fans as "Car Kids" is to Coldplay fans. Just sayin'

6. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

:facepalm: thanks for clearing that up

7. Geki

Geki >.

I want to hear some more MTM stuff. They wrote 150 songs for the album, they probably have tons and tons of songs just sitting there. And some of the songs dug up from that time frame in recent years (Across The Line, What We Don't Know, Pale, Blackbirds, etc.) have been amazing. I want to hear more! Please LP, release at least 1 or 2 MTM demos with vocals on the next LPU CD.

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree with this for sure! MTM easily has the best demos/b-sides. ATL, QWERTY, WWDK, Blackbirds, Across the Line, and more. MTM has amazing demos and I need more.

9. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

+1 for remembering how it was in ye olden days when we didn't get such demos on a regular basis. Some entitled folks don't realize how it used to be.

I wouldn't agree on accepting anything they put out though. The LPU isn't free, and if they make a decision that may make people quit the fan club they at least ought to know why they're losing members.

LP once said the name of a song they never released, so people assume it is a song worth listening to.

10. lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I would like to hear some more Minutes to Midnight demos, but what I'd mostly like to hear is demos from hybrid theory ep/hybrid theory era. I'm sure there are a lot more than what they've put out for us already. I'm a huge fan of that era so it'd be fucking awesome xD

11. RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

All 150 MTM demos for an ultimate special edition

12. Geki

Geki >.

I would pay 1000 dollars for that, literally. I love MTM and I want all the demos badly. Don't fuck with my emotions!! Lol.

13. RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

haha that was just a joke, I mean I'd love if they did that I would buy it, I certainly wouldn't pay 1000 dollars tho, but yeah MTM have the best demos tbh, I just wanna hear Grecian so bad! but tbh I dont think its such a bad idea, I mean I dont understand why they dont release them on itunes

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  14. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I don't think the 150 demos were ever complete songs in releasable state. They'd be unfinished ideas, a lot of them not worth showing. And probably most of them crap too.

I'd wager at least 10 or so of them would be good though. Maybe 20? I don't know, I'm not the band, I'm not gonna pretend to know. But I highly doubt that all of the 150 tracks are good enough for release.

15. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This, so much. :) And certainly not just in regards to LPU either.

16. Geki

Geki >.

I am not like other LP fans. I am absolutely OBSESSED with MTM demos and seeds. I wouldn't mind if they were like 1 minute instrumental ideas, or some guitar noise, I would want them. And I would really save up 1000 dollars and pay for it. If anyone knows how to let the band sell me them for 1000 dollars, I will buy them and share with the fanbase.

17. rlkx

rlkx Like an army falling, one by one by one..

Well, I understand what you mean. MTM demos IMO were indeed the best they managed to do and it's not insane to think that they might have used a lot of the ideas or even demos from that record on ATS/LT.
    MTM was the album cycle where they met a large variety of organic instruments, and that made their music sound really good. Not that i don't like LP's electronic beats.

18. RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

This

19. Geki

Geki >.

People need to let the band release the 150 songs, because I WILL PAY.

20. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP